CHATTANOOGA AREA TOP 10 PITCHERS THIS YEAR

RoarSB1169

I totally agree with everything you are saying. Most of the recruiting is done from the summer teams anyway and there is no award or honor going to say as much as a coach watching you perform.  As for Rice I think that is a good thing because her school team is not as successful as some ot the others. I also heard that Ooltewah's second baseman Casey Saunders has had some attention this summer and will get offers and I think maybe already has had 2. She is another really good player that does not get the attention she deserves. She really hit the ball well for Ooltewah this year and has continued on with her summer team. What does it matter where the offer is from? There are some girls that would love to go on and play at the next level that are probably good enough but for whatever reason don't get the opportunity. The Michigan, UCLA thing was in response to Wilson 25 being cute and saying the offer for Britt  was from Michigan because Rhonda did not tell me where the offer came from. She just said it was a really exciting thing for Britt to open the email and the offer to be there. I am sure it would be for any girl. I think you need to weigh in the factor too how important is playing time. If you go to a "big" school you better be ready to sit a while as a freshman. And, it's all about the education anyway. I just think it is great the opportunities that are out there for the girls that play fastpitch to be able to go and get that education because of ball! I will find out where it came from and if it is that big of a deal and anyone wants to know just say so and I will find out and post it later. I am sure thay will tell me it was just presented as Hey, she got her first full ride offer and it was just an exciting time for that family. Too bad some people can't just be happy for them. I know Herb Rice thinks it is a wonderful thing when a girl gets a softball scholarship. He does not care who they are or where the offer is from he loves to hear about it and so do I!!! By the way my daughter did not go on to play college ball and she wishes she had.

825693844[/snapback]

Katfo, you are right about a girl going to a "big school". My daughter was fortunate to get a full ride to a 'big" school, and it was a big thrill to get that offer, especially since she was not a pitcher or a catcher. People will be surprised to find out how few full rides are given out to players that dont play those two positions. Its more important that the girl picks the school that is right for her, instead of picking a school for the coach. More than likely, whoever coaches her will not be at that school by the time she graduates.

Edited by rtyree1121

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Katfo, you are right about a girl going to a "big school". My daughter was fortunate to get a full ride to a 'big" school, and it was a big thrill to get that offer, especially since she was not a pitcher or a catcher. People will be surprised to find out how few full rides are given out to players that dont play those two positions. Its more important that the girl picks the school that is right for her, instead of picking a school for the coach. More than likely, whoever coaches her will not be at that school by the time she graduates.

825693859[/snapback]

Ellis from Bledsoe has a offer to UTC full ride.......

Ellis from Bledsoe has a offer to UTC full ride.......

825693869[/snapback]

congrats to her...getting full rides for girls in TN that go to colleges within TN has been made much easier with them getting the Hope scholarship which helps offset some of the scholarship costs...its much tougher to get a full ride to a school outside the state.

Edited by rtyree1121

825693859[/snapback]

I know it is not an easy thing to get a full ride. I have been through this with my daughter and I get asked my advice a lot and I hope I have been helpful. You don't want to jump on the first thing but I think Herb said Brittany was so excited she was ready to sign. She loves the game of softball and really wants to play at the college level.

It is hard to get a full ride offer especially if the school is out of state and this early in the season. Regardless of who, or where it is it's a compliment for a girl to get the offer. And exactly most of the "full rides" come to pitchers and catchers. Your daughter must have been one heck of a ball player. Did she have an enjoyable experience with college ball?

I know it is not an easy thing to get a full ride. I have been through this with my daughter and I get asked my advice a lot and I hope I have been helpful. You don't want to jump on the first thing but I think Herb said Brittany was so excited she was ready to sign. She loves the game of softball and really wants to play at the college level.

It is hard to get a full ride offer especially if the school is out of state and this early in the season. Regardless of who, or where it is it's a compliment  for a girl to get the offer. And exactly most of the "full rides" come to pitchers and catchers. Your daughter must have been one heck of a ball player. Did she have an enjoyable experience with college ball?

825693887[/snapback]

She was a very good athlete, but then again, I am her dad so I have to think that way. Since we are from middle tennessee, you probably didnt know much about her, but her summer team (Nashville Eagles) won the national ASA 18-u title in 1997. She was lucky to be on a great team, and although she was only 16 at the time, she got lots of attention that year.

Her college experience at Georgia saw a lot of ups and downs, but for the most part, she loved the college ball-playing experience. It was a lot of hard work though. Not much time was left for anything other than ball and school, so alot of sacrifices had to be made she didnt get to be involved in that normal college kids got to do. It was all worth it, after being a not so good team her Freshman year, they fired the coach, and hired the current coach that is very tough. She brought them to another level and national prominance...as they won the SEC her senior year(2003) and they were ranked in the top 10 in the country, got to play in the NCAA tourney, and even got to play against the 2000 Olympic team.

Edited by rtyree1121

Ok......No offence or nothing but the only girls around the Chattanooga area that would get those kind of offers is Nikki Waters and Katy Blevins of Soddy and Tiffany Baker of East Ridge and Ashley Ellis of Bledsoe........

825693768[/snapback]

Learn to take a joke dude! I was responding to the ignorent comment Wilson25 posted.

Learn to take a joke dude!  I was responding to the ignorent comment Wilson25 posted.

825693943[/snapback]

I knew it was a joke I was just saying that nobody could get that kind of offer unless they were from Baylor, East Ridge, or Soddy Daisy,or another powerhouse in the Chattanooga area.....I also said Ashley Ellis from Bledsoe had gotten some big offers from some big schools.......

She was a very good athlete, but then again, I am her dad so I have to think that way. Since we are from middle tennessee, you probably didnt know much about her, but her summer team (Nashville Eagles) won the national ASA 18-u title in 1997. She was lucky to be on a great team, and although she was only 16 at the time, she got lots of attention that year.

Her college experience at Georgia saw a lot of ups and downs, but for the most part, she loved the college ball-playing experience. It was a lot of hard work though. Not much time was left for anything other than ball and school, so alot of sacrifices had to be made she didnt get to be involved in that normal college kids got to do. It was all worth it, after being a not so good team her Freshman year, they fired the coach, and hired the current coach that is very tough. She brought them to another level and national prominance...as they won the SEC her senior year(2003) and they were ranked in the top 10 in the country, got to play in the NCAA tourney, and even got to play against the 2000 Olympic team.

825693941[/snapback]

Yes I do know who your daughter is and she was a great athlete. I had the pleasure of watching the Nashville Eagles play and they were one heck of a team. There was a very tall girl with brown hair and she kept it piled on top of her head all the time she pitched for the Eagles and I have always wanted to know her name. She was really good do you know who I am talking about?

I knew it was a joke I was just saying that nobody could get that kind of offer unless they were from Baylor, East Ridge, or Soddy Daisy,or another powerhouse in the Chattanooga area.....I also said Ashley Ellis from Bledsoe had gotten some big offers from some big schools.......

825693944[/snapback]

Have you been keeping up? I think it was concluded that college coaches look at summer ball more than school ball. It has nothing to do with what high school you went to, it's all about tallent and what the coach sees in you.