13u AAU Nationals

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dayton website has 8 Tennessee teams listed as competing at the 13u Nationals.  Looks like we're tied for most with Potomac Valley.  Registration/Practice times and sites are listed with directions.  Here's the address: www.dlhaaunationals.org      thumb

825693423[/snapback]

It’s good to see so many teams from Tennessee attending the 13U Nationals. Dayton is my home town. The DLH program does a really nice job with the tournament; they hosted the 2003 13U Nationals also. All of gyms are excellent facilities, with the Kettering Rec. Center being the lesser of all; it's about like Ridgeway Baptist with a split curtain between the courts. A few of the game sites are somewhat spread out but they are fairly central, 10-25 miles, to the Nutter Center/Arena (Wright State Univ.). Try to visit the USAF museum, it’s an aviation buffs dream. Where will your team be staying? Several of the areas south, east and north of the greater Dayton and Fairborn areas are very nice, similar to Collierville and Cordova areas. There's two large malls/shopping areas, Dayton Mall and Fairfield Commons Mall with all types of restaurants and cuisines. The weather this time of year is about like Memphis, hot and humid, I hope your team(s) enjoy their stay in the Dayton area, good luck in the tournament.

Tom Jackson

Memphis GLORY AAU

It’s good to see so many teams from Tennessee attending the 13U Nationals.  Dayton is my home town. The DLH program does a really nice job with the tournament; they hosted the 2003 13U Nationals also.  All of gyms are excellent facilities, with the Kettering Rec. Center being the lesser of all; it's about like Ridgeway Baptist with a split curtain between the courts.  A few of the game sites are somewhat spread out but they are fairly central, 10-25 miles, to the Nutter Center/Arena (Wright State Univ.).  Try to visit the USAF museum, it’s an aviation buffs dream.  Where will your team be staying? Several of the areas south, east and north of the greater Dayton and Fairborn areas are very nice, similar to Collierville and Cordova areas. There's two large malls/shopping areas, Dayton Mall and Fairfield Commons Mall with all types of restaurants and cuisines.  The weather this time of year is about like Memphis, hot and humid, I hope your team(s) enjoy their stay in the Dayton area, good luck in the tournament.

Tom Jackson

Memphis GLORY AAU

825693874[/snapback]

Thanks, Tom, for all the great information and good wishes. I'd forgotten that you were a DLH alumnus. We're staying in Fairborn - just outside the Air Force base apparently on, I think, highway 144 or 441 - something like that. It looks like we're a little north of most of the sites but not far from Nutter. Any idea what kind of driving time range (to game sites) we're facing with our location?

We're pretty much underdogs this year and have been all year. Hopefully, though, some of the momentum from the Shelbyville Pre-Nationals will carry over. No matter what happens, though, we just feel fortunate that we're going. thumb

Phil Murphy (yoyo's dad)

13u Memphis Lady Elite

Thanks, Tom, for all the great information and good wishes.  I'd forgotten that you were a DLH alumnus.  We're staying in Fairborn - just outside the Air Force base apparently on, I think, highway 144 or 441 - something like that.  It looks like we're a little north of most of the sites but not far from Nutter.  Any idea what kind of driving time range (to game sites) we're facing with our location?

We're pretty much underdogs this year and have been all year.  Hopefully, though, some of the momentum from the Shelbyville Pre-Nationals will carry over.  No matter what happens, though, we just feel fortunate that we're going. thumb

Phil Murphy (yoyo's dad)

13u Memphis Lady Elite

825693882[/snapback]

From your location all of the game sites, except Waynesville and maybe Payne Rec., are within 45 minutes. Each of the game sites are regulation HS hardwood courts, the aux gym at Beavercreek HS may not have the largest seating area for parents but all of the main gyms are typical large HS facilities. If you happen to play at Payne Rec. and don’t have a game afterwards take your bathing suits, the gym is located at a water park.

Well you know the underdog can and will always have its day!! My teams been in the same situation with a rebuilding year. AAU Nationals is a great experience, hopefully next year with few new players, returning players from previous years and our current core group we’ll be there next year. Keep’em working hard.….momentum can have a great affect on a team. thumb

The 13U National Championship Pools are now up on the AAU Girls Basketball Website.  From the initial looks of things, it appears that most of the Tennessee teams got some really good draws.

825694802[/snapback]

We (Memphis Lady Elite) don't know any of the teams, so we're definitely not counting any chickens. Shelbyville could have quite a challenge with the Fort Worth Frogs. The word from Texas is that they got the big girls from last year's Texas Express when that team folded. Battle of the giants? :P

Edited by philtenn

Someone might want to inform Eddie Clinton and the rest of the AAU Committee that they gave the wrong Lady Tigers team the overall #9 seed in the tournament.

825694831[/snapback]

ptguard12:

From what I can tell, the W TN Tigers have an easier pool than the TN Tigers. WTN plays New England teams that I have never heard much about while the TN Tigers play the Georgia Magic and Ky Xtreme (Ky state champs and a very tough team). Just those teams alone, suggest that the TN Tigers are not getting credit for any seed, but maybe you have info I don't have.

Someone might want to inform Eddie Clinton and the rest of the AAU Committee that they gave the wrong Lady Tigers team the overall #9 seed in the tournament.

825694831[/snapback]

We're on top of it. Thanks for pointing it out. The AAU made a similar mistake initially in the 12u brackets with 2 of the California teams.

ptguard12:

From what I can tell, the W TN Tigers have an easier pool than the TN Tigers.  WTN plays New England teams that I have never heard much about while the TN Tigers play the Georgia Magic and Ky Xtreme (Ky state champs and a very tough team).  Just those teams alone, suggest that the TN Tigers are not getting credit for any seed, but maybe you have info I don't have.

825694842[/snapback]

It does appear the teams in the pools look about right but the #8 seed would normally be in a high or low letter pool (ie. A,B or X,Y) and the West TN team should be a 1 seed and the other Tigers team a 3 or 4 seed.

It does appear the teams in the pools look about right but the #8 seed would normally be in a high or low letter pool (ie.  A,B or X,Y) and the West TN team should be a 1 seed and the other Tigers team a 3 or 4 seed.

825694850[/snapback]

Am I missing something? The pool list I have has the W TN Tigers listed as W-1 - First seed in one of the latter lettered pool and the TN Tigers are listed as O-3 - 3rd seed in a middle lettered pool. My list is from the AAU website.

Edited by philtenn