10U AAU National Championships

ptguard12,

I could not have said it better myself. You are obviously a very intelligent and thoughtful person. Also, great job on the National updates. I am very impressed with your knowledge of each team. Anthony Flatt and I started our AAU program in Lawrenceburg 19 years ago. So, I have come in contact with a lot of people that contribute to AAU in some capacity. What you do for the AAU message board goes above and beyond the call of duty. So, I want to  thank you on behalf of the Tennessee Express Club for the time and effort you put in to the game of BASKETBALL.

825696713[/snapback]

Thank you Mr. Hollman for all your kind words. I love the game and all that it represents (some would say I'm obsessed). I enjoy doing all the updates and keeping up with all the teams, which I really don't find all that hard to do. You have a great program that has done a lot for many young ladies not only in Lawrence County, but all across Middle Tennessee. I've seen many Express games in my lifetime and your organization's teams are always a joy to watch. Congrats to your 10's and good luck to your 12's in the Division II. Who knows, I might actually make the drive up to catch a game or two.

Edited by ptguard12

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the coaches, players and parents of the FCA Lady Eagles, congratulations to Michael Hollman and the 10U TN Express on their tie for 13th at the 10U AAU Nationals in Orlando this past week!!

Also, congrats to TX Xtreme for their tie for 25th. That made three TN teams in the D1 winner's bracket!! That made a total of 5 TN teams competing at the D1 level (kudos to the TN Raiders and Team Pride).

In D2, the West TN Lady Tigers finished tied for 7th and the Lady Trotters finished tied for 9th. Congratulations to their coaches, players and parents.

Edited by hoopsinstead

Congratulations to the 10U FCA Lady Eagles on their tie for 17th in the nation this past week at the 10U AAU Nationals in Orlando. Facing the National Champions in your first game of the winner's bracket and the #3 finisher two games into the loser's bracket was too tall an order. Nonetheless, it was a great experience to get to actually play the top teams in the nation and now know first hand what it takes to get there. We are so proud of all of the girls on such a successful season that included winning the TN State Championship, Branson AAU Super Regional Runner-Up, Shelbyville AAU Super Regional Champions, Atlanta AAU Super Regional Champions, FCA/Memphis Grizzlies Rumble on the River Champions, and Shelbyville Showtime Elite Champions.

For those following this age group for next year, following is our coaching staff's humble opinion of the true top four (in order) for this age group:

1>SGV--ran out of gas after one bad game got em in the loser's bracket--great team offensively and defensively and truly a pleasure to watch. This team finished #3.

2>GBL Lady Rebels--Dallas Mavericks' style of play and when they are hitting their outside shots in transition, you better slow the tempo down. This team finished #1.

3>OK Lil Ballers--has 3 beasts that will pummel you if the refs allow. This team finished tied for 7th.

4>BTR Hurricanes--big post, agile power forward and a talented point. This team finished #2.

Edited by hoopsinstead