CountryBoy4Life

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to cast my vote for tight ends and fullbacks. Neither get many balls, but are expected to make the clutch catch/ short yardage goaline scamper. Aside from catching the clutch third down catch, they must block. Without the fullback, the iso plays would go nowhere. The tight end blocks just like the linemen do, pass protecting and run blocking.

I don't see how these young men aren't schizophrenics (am I a linemen now or am I a reciever?). :angry:

im gonna have to go with Center. one reason is b/c that wat i play. i have to walk up to the line call out the deffensive front(even or odd), call out how many in the box, call blocking schemes based on the play and the deffensive alignment, make sure the rest of the line knows what to do. and thats only what i do before the snap. after doin all that i have to remember the snap count and get the ball back to the quarterback w/out making him jump, and then i have to block the guy in front of me.then i go back to the huddle and do it all again.even though it pretty hard, i think its one of the funnest positions to play.

• 3 weeks later...

I can tell that my opinion isn't very popular but I don't think the hardest position to play is in the list. Unless you consider the defensive end a linebacker these days. He is often listed as outside linebacker. I know the offense gets all the ink in the paper, but really defense is the hardest and the most important. The offense knows the plays, the defense has to respond to the play. The defensive end (aka outside linebacker) has to 1) hit the tight end, 2) Contain the sweep, 3) Rush the passer, 4) Watch for screen and reverse etc...... I believe he makes the inside linebacker and DB's jobs easier if he does his job. I am a former tight end so I am not biased.

Great disscussion you all!