best WR in middle tn ?

baseball star 24

Through the second game of the season Golden Tate of Pope John Paul has 7 catches for 211 yards 19 carries for 230 yards and six touchdowns. Florida and UT have both been at the last two games also. Total yards he has over 700 yards against 3A state runner-up Greenbrier and DII-AAA Father Ryan. And im glad to see Sam is playing in the secondary...Golden has three interceptions and a fumble recovery already. Why wasn't Sam in the paper for being a college prospect? Golden was one of only four juniors, but i guess they forgot poor ole' Sam. So who is Sam Youree?

Edited by Pope 57

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Golden Tate--JPII

There is absolutely no doubt that he is the best wide receiver in Middle Tennessee. Even when he is double and triple covered, he always manages to come down with the ball. This kid is something special and is fun to watch on the field. Let's not forget his running back, defensive back, or special team skills either...This kid is the best.

And let's not forget that Golden's freshman year, there were 0 seniors on the team with 4/5 line positions being sophomores...And he still managed 20 td's

Edited by feverfan

2priceless is 2obsessed with this sam guy. why did oakland only win two games last year? i don't know, ask sam, he had some amount of control over all that. you're silly to ask if golden tate accomplished all this with many underclassmen amongst his supporting cast as jpII was younger from top to bottom than oakland's jv team. tate played in four or five games his 8th grade year in the parochial league and still managed to have well over 20 touchdowns. i saw the ba vs oakland game last year and bruce little took his lunch and made him cry on the line. kottas played better in that game in my opinion. i've watched golden tate for four years now and there's no question as to which player's mailbox is going to be filling up more often than the other's....golden tate. i reall don't like jpII much at all, i think they raided the staffs of other D2 schools in a fashion that was quite unethical(but whatever), but golden is the heart and soul of that team and without him they would be what oakland was last year, a two hitter quitter.

Guest The_Siegel_Senior_ptII
2priceless is 2obsessed with this sam guy. why did oakland only win two games last year? i don't know, ask sam, he had some amount of control over all that. you're silly to ask if golden tate accomplished all this with many underclassmen amongst his supporting cast as jpII was younger from top to bottom than oakland's jv team. tate played in four or five games his 8th grade year in the parochial league and still managed to have well over 20 touchdowns. i saw the ba vs oakland game last year and bruce little took his lunch and made him cry on the line. kottas played better in that game in my opinion. i've watched golden tate for four years now and there's no question as to which player's mailbox is going to be filling up more often than the other's....golden tate. i reall don't like jpII much at all, i think they raided the staffs of other D2 schools in a fashion that was quite unethical(but whatever), but golden is the heart and soul of that team and without him they would be what oakland was last year, a two hitter quitter.

825731609[/snapback]

Wow. Is this Tate guy your brother or are you all seeing each other at the moment?

Uh if you saw that BA game you saw a soph line block for a SOPH receiver who hauled down passes against Brentwood Academy. One was in double coverage. To pull down a pass as a soph in double coverage against a Team that consistently is in the Blue Cross Bowl shows TALENT, GUTS, and ABILITY. I could care less what you call it. To LEAD the area in passing in an area that includes RIVERDALE, have you HEARD of them and Smyrna......also shows his talent. Now YOU go and Tell FULMER, who is interested in Sam, that he doesn't have any talent. It shows ONE's ability to catch passes with a 2-8 record with only FOUR seniors on the WHOLE team than it does to be surrounded by a cast of playoff contenders.

I am not obsessed with Sam Youree. I recognize his talent and SUPPORT my team and its players. If you DON'T care to read my posts , then push IGNORE user. I certainly will use mine to ignore your BABBLE about a school who doesn't play the competition that we do. But I would hope that YOU would just support your player instead of attempting to trash one of ours. It sincerely discounts your credibility.

BTW..he had 6 catches for 119 yds against FRANKLIN, a TOP ten team and 5A rnner-ups. You HAVE heard of them???

sorry cat.. you cant say dmar cause he isnt even the best on his team.. i would have to go with rod wilkes from smyrna being the best receiver.. (sorry 2p) your boy youree is good but i believe wilkes is the total package.. he didnt get many catches last year due to the duo of johnson and orona.. but now this year with sonny at QB they are a more pass oriented team and rod will shine.. i saw him play brentwood this past week.. slater threw a ball that i thought was gonna get picked and rod just jumped and grabed the ball out of the air.. it must be genetic or something but i believe he will go major D1 when he graduates

two receivers that dont get attention are smith and stevenson from riverdale.. because of riverdale's steller run offfense they dont pass much and no one hears about them.. great athletes and great speed

Golden Tate is the best WR & Return man in Middle Tennessee. He does all of this with raw athletic ability. If he ever becomes disciplined in running his routes he could play on Sunday, he has that much raw talent. As it is he will probably be the number 1 prospect in Tennessee for the class of 2007. Just a hunch but don't be shocked if he ends up playing in Coral Gables.

I wouldn't say he's the best RIGHT NOW, but LaVergne's Chris Gray will open some eyes this year. He's currently 3rd in Mid. Tennessee in receiving yards and he's 15(2008)....I believe he is 6'1 and looks about 185lbs. but runs like a 4.5 or 4.6. Don't be suprised if this guy isn't Top 10 in receiving yards in Mid. Tennessee..