Maplewood manhandles Northwest

rrrrrrr

The Vikings will face a rough season this year. They are coming off two seasons of running up the score and bashing local programs, these tactics may finally come back around to haunt the NWHS coaching staff. Poor use of talent cost the Vikings Friday night. The offense they run is not suited for their undersized athletes. Adjustments must be made if the Vikings hope to have any chance of a successful season. Power is not working for NWHS anymore. They will have to adjust to a speed oriented offense, and also allow Davis to set in the pocket.

I hope they will be able to make the neccessary adjustments before starting the season on Wk 0 @ Station Camp. If not it will be a long 11 week season for the Viking football team and fans.

CoachwhoKnows

i agree, but you did not see the full picture.  this is a scrimmage and not a game.  may be a different outcome in a game.  hats off to coach thompson and the maplewood staff.  do not count the vikings short.  mistakes will be fixed and this team will be better than last season.

825711634[/snapback]

yes northwest ..is mighty thankful this was not a real game..maplewood is back

they proved that last year..only to have everything taken away at the end ..they will be without star RB Patrick Johnson this year ..but T.Holt will fit in just fine at RB, and QB C.Grimes is back and injury free.. and look for TE D.Brown to have a great season and several other players return to complete the puzzle..... and dont forget about the hard hitting defense... oh yeah its back.. and this team is already better than last season..trust me... the Panthers are roaring.. its almost show time!!

As coach thompson and I agreed, we may see each other in the playoffs and it is a good rival between two coaching staffs that respect each other. Next year is year 3 for our scrimmage and we are going to continue as long as we can. Water mellon, hamburgers, hot dogs, water, gatorade, good football. No one ever talks about the fun the athletes have after this scrimmage. Coach thompson and his staff are good and are great friends, however, no one cares about these facts.

Thought patrick was a bit older than the rest of his classmates. Any truth!!!!

As coach thompson and I agreed, we may see each other in the playoffs and it is a good rival between two coaching staffs that respect each other.  Next year is year 3 for our scrimmage and we are going to continue as long as we can.  Water mellon, hamburgers, hot dogs, water, gatorade, good football.  No one ever talks about the fun the athletes have after this scrimmage.  Coach thompson and his staff are good and are great friends, however, no one cares about these facts. 

Thought patrick was a bit older than the rest of his classmates.  Any truth!!!!

825711860[/snapback]

The player in question was Ronald Ballet at age 20.

even though the players name is never mentioned

Story in the news.

Edited by boski

I wish maplewood all the best in 5-4AAAA, and hope to see them in the play offs.  Good luck and get the borro.

825711882[/snapback]

they will be there ... ..good luck to you guys too.... and beating the borro will be oh so sweet... i cant wait for that one