Tyner "RAMS" scrimmage / jamboree

TynerRamFan

...Details will come later...The Rams traveled to Manchester to take on Page and Coffee Co...Won 2 of 3 from Coffee Co. and 1-1 with Page(I could stand correted on this one)...jumped on the bus and at E.Ridge beat Hixson 9-0...not bad for the RAMTRAIN for such a loooong day...by the way the folks at Coffee Co. were very hospitable and the food was delicious!!! Thanks for taking care of our team and coaches after the scrimmage!!!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Details will come later...The Rams traveled to Manchester to take on Page and Coffee Co...Won 2 of 3 from Coffee Co. and 1-1 with Page(I could stand correted on this one)...jumped on the bus and at E.Ridge beat Hixson 9-0...not bad for the RAMTRAIN for such a loooong day...by the way the folks at Coffee Co. were very hospitable and the food was delicious!!! Thanks for taking care of our team and coaches after the scrimmage!!!

825714812[/snapback]

...These games were played without the starting QB (Keelyn Craddock)...More later B)

...These games were played without the starting QB (Keelyn Craddock)...More later B)

825715018[/snapback]

Tyner did look good. Defense is what really impressed me, with the total team speed and quickness to the ball. Hixson's QB was running for his life and rarely had time to throw. I wasn't aware that Craddock wasn't playing, whoever the second string QB is at Tyner is very solid I might add too. Good Luck to Tyner this year!

Hixson wasn't prepared for the heat of Tyner's speedy defense. They also weren't prepared to face a six man front. Tyner can be pretty dangerous with that front, but a good team will adjust to them blitzing all the time and torch them. There were many occasions on which Hixson's deep threats were wide open, the QB just simply had no time to throw it to him. Hixson's giving up a safety is pathetic though, there is no excuse to get beat upfront like that. Tyner's only mistakes were a couple of fumbles that Hixson recovered. Their defense made up for the O's mistakes though.

Hixson wasn't prepared for the heat of Tyner's speedy defense.  They also weren't prepared to face a six man front. Tyner can be pretty dangerous with that front, but a good team will adjust to them blitzing all the time and torch them. There were many occasions on which Hixson's deep threats were wide open, the QB just simply had no time to throw it to him. Hixson's giving up a safety is pathetic though, there is no excuse to get beat upfront like that. Tyner's only mistakes were a couple of fumbles that Hixson recovered. Their defense made up for the O's mistakes though.

825715231[/snapback]

...It's just like I have said many times, you take what a team will give you...Tyner's Coaches know what to do and when to do it...what works against one team may not be good against another team...that "D" is not one-dimentional and if teams think they are that's when they will surprise you...Hixson should have been the "fresher" team!!!

So how do you all feel that page did.  I hear page did real well against you from tyner.  Score was 3-0 with the first string in pages favor.  I wasn't able to make it but wanted to know if page really handled tyner.

825718803[/snapback]

...I believe the 1st score with was 2-0(Page)...congrats for being the only team (including the two Spring games with Livingston & Kingston) to win a scrimmage against the "RAM" varsity...no excuses(even though we did play without our starting QB)...Page did pretty good but couldn't handle Coffee Co. which the "RAMS" did by winning 2 of 3...just goes to show that you can never read too much into a scrimmage...Good Luck to Page the rest of the season!!! thumb

...I believe the 1st score with was 2-0(Page)...congrats for being the only team (including the two Spring games with Livingston & Kingston) to win a scrimmage against the "RAM" varsity...no excuses(even though we did play without our starting QB)...Page did pretty good but couldn't handle Coffee Co. which the "RAMS" did by winning 2 of 3...just goes to show that you can never read too much into a scrimmage...Good Luck to Page the rest of the season!!!  thumb

825718824[/snapback]

Correct. Tyner travels to Kingston tomorrow