Sevier County player in fatal wreck

OutfielderNPitcher217

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sevier County running back Lance Pate has died in a wreck in Sevierville. He was driving his bike and slipped on the wet pavement, and crossed the middle line, hitting a car head on. He was a stand-out athlete and more importantly a great person. RIP Lance. We'll miss you.

I apologize if any of the info is wrong, the details are still a little sketchy. I'll post more about it when things become more clear.

825715773[/snapback]

Lance was driving a small SUV on Boyds Creek Highway near Seymour. Lost control and was hit by another small SUV in the passenger side door. The two people in other car were pinned almost an hour.

Lance was driving a small SUV on Boyds Creek Highway near Seymour.  Lost control and was hit by another small SUV in the passenger side door.  The two people in other car were pinned almost an hour.

825716398[/snapback]

i just got that info about an hour ago.

here's what was on volunteertv.com

"The Sevier County High School family is mourning the loss of football and basketball player Lance Pate this evening...

Pate suffered fatal internal injuries in a one-car wreck.

It happened just after yesterday's downpour, on Boyd's Creek Road in Sevier County.

Lance's high school football coach Scott Brewer says Pate's car hydro-planed.

Pate would have been a junior this year at Sevier County High School.

Services will be at the First Baptist Church of Sevierville .

A receiving of friends service will be from 4-8 p.m. Tuesday with the funeral to follow at 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday..."

Lance was in his 4-Runner when he was in his wreck. He hydro-planned and crossed overand was hit by a Jeep. Lance lived down the road from and I am good friends with his older brother Zac. Lance, Zac, CJ, Chris, and I would have some great basketball games over at there house. And we had some even better battles when we played againts each other in High School ball. It was always bragging rights over who was better Seymour or Sevier County no matter what sport it was. But I know he is in a better place and I know he is sitten up the playing Madden 05. Man everytime I was over there either he would be playing ball or with James playing Madden. But Lance was a great person and he has a great family. So please pray for his family and friends. We all love you man. Love Harmon.