Larry G. Davis Stadium?

Guest thedragon

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest thedragon
any body got any pictures yet i havent saw the facility yet but ill be there Thursday for the dedication and pep rally.  and ill be there in line when the gates open at probably 5 or 5:30

Go Polk

825729739[/snapback]

ill get pictures on here when i get home from the open house on Thursday or maybe after the game Friday

Guest thedragon
I'll be there, played for the Coach L. Davis '86 - '89. I think the open house starts at 6pm. Dedication at 7:30pm, pep rally follows. I can't wait to see the new stadium. Since I live in Cleveland, I have intentionally not gone to see it, because I wanted it to be finished when I saw it for the 1st time.

825731764[/snapback]

oh so you were on the legendary 10-2 team?

Guest thedragon
I believe that was the '85 team.

825732703[/snapback]

yes your right, rumor has it Larry G. Davis Stadium will be packed with standing room only, have you heard that to?

Yes, the place is nice, but why do you keep calling Coach Davis a legend? I was there when he coached against Smith County in 85, he didn't do anything special, sorry if this offends anyone but it's the facts, that team was loaded, and did Polk have to move up a division or could they just not get by Tyner? Well at least you can say that you had some good years ( not great) but realistically they just don't have the atheletes to compete year in and year out ..i.e. Baseball down, girls and boys basketball down. What they should do is start a wrestling team they could fill all the weights with tough kids!

Has anyone saw Polk County High's new complex?  It is at the peaks of the Chilhowee Mountains giving Polk a beautiful place to play.  I am pretty sure it is going to be named after the Polk County legendary coach, Coach Larry Davis.  Coach L. Davis is currently Assisting his son Coach Derrick Davis.  If anyone has in compliments on the Stadium or  how Polk will be this year now that they have moved to AAA feel free to post.

825716245[/snapback]

wow that should fit right in with your one stop light ;) on the bright side since its a little more in the "mountains" i guess the fans wont have to ride their mules as far.

Guest thedragon
Yes, the place is nice, but why do you keep calling Coach Davis a legend? I was there when he coached against Smith County in 85, he didn't do anything special, sorry if this offends anyone but it's the facts, that team was loaded, and did Polk have to move up a division or could they just not get by Tyner?  Well at least you can say that you had some good years ( not great) but realistically they just don't have the atheletes to compete year in and year out ..i.e. Baseball down, girls and boys basketball down.  What they should do is start a wrestling team they could fill all the weights with tough kids!

825736659[/snapback]

well since your so cocky why dont you try to schedule a game with Polk next year