Up & Coming Freshmen

lbhiii

The score was 72-12. The only kid that was impressive was Brent Belchers nephew ( the Lake Forest Coach) but I don't know his name. Lake Forest only lost one match in Tennessee and beat the 2yr Hamilton County Champs, Hunter Middle.

Several of the kids had impressive records. They are even a stronger freshmen class with the addition of several of Ocoee middles best wrestlers who also had impressive records.

Good luck to Cleveland

its a shame we can't match cleveland middle , lake forest, and brentwood middle school(brentwood tn) together for a tr-match. brentwood middle is undefeated on the season with a 13-0 record. they have outscored their opponents 816 - 224. This past weekend, they won their second consecutive MBA dual tournament title. One of their wins was over McCallie(65-18). Not saying their better, it would be fun to watch a couple of really competitive middle school teams from different parts of the state rumble for bragging rights.

p.s. Brentwood Middle beat Cleveland Middle in last years MBA duals 57 - 21. :unsure:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The score was 72-12. The only kid that was impressive was Brent Belchers nephew ( the Lake Forest Coach) but I don't know his name. Lake Forest only lost one match in Tennessee and beat the 2yr Hamilton County Champs, Hunter Middle.

Several of the kids had impressive records. They are even a stronger freshmen class with the addition of several of Ocoee middles best wrestlers who also had impressive records.

Good luck to Cleveland

The young man you mentioned is Brandon Humphrey, yes he can become very good. They also had a few guys who were wrestling for the first year. Give them time with their athletic ability and now HS coaching.

its a shame we can't match cleveland middle , lake forest, and brentwood middle school(brentwood tn) together for a tr-match. brentwood middle is undefeated on the season with a 13-0 record. they have outscored their opponents 816 - 224. This past weekend, they won their second consecutive MBA dual tournament title. One of their wins was over McCallie(65-18). Not saying their better, it would be fun to watch a couple of really competitive middle school teams from different parts of the state rumble for bragging rights.

p.s. Brentwood Middle beat Cleveland Middle in last years MBA duals 57 - 21. :lol:

Well Lake forrest along with several other schools go to the Raider Rumble duals in December at Cleveland. Invitations are accepted. Coach Johns is the one to contact at CMS.

Not familiar with the score last year, but MS and HS are two different levels and different coaches bring out different things in kids. I stated Cleveland will get sum kids out as freshman that will suprise sum people.

Lake Forest had three wrestlers place first at the TWF Kidsstate Freestyle

Schoolboy 110 Logan Biddy

Schoolboy 115 David Graham

Schoolboy 145 Caleb Tallent

All three are now freshmen at Bradley.

I think I saw the Lumberg kid from Brentwood wrestle a couple high school matches last year in Knoxville. I understood he was a 13yr old 8th grader and he wrestled 135 and beat the junior and sophomore that I saw him wrestle. Not a lot of technique but he was relentless. I am shocked if he is 152 or 160 this year, though. May not be the same kid. I thought he was the most inspired wrestler on a pretty bad team.

..his name is Thomas Lundborg....hopefully Coach Cash can turn our wrestling program around

I saw Patton wrestle last year and he is good, but not as good as his resume makes him out to be. A couple of freshmen that might make some noise is Joseph Proctor (Cookeville) and Chanse Hayes (Baylor). I dont know what weight class Proctor will wrestle, but Hayes was at 130 at the Super32 tourney and went 2-2.

Metro Nashville wrestlers are not consider good technical wrestlers, but here are some freshmen that are as good as any in middle TN and will make some noise in their region:

Luis Aguilar (103) East Lit State qualifier as a 8th grader

Thomas Holman (130) McGavock 2x MS City Champ

Shawn Garrett (135/140) East Lit MS City Champ, TWF Schoolboy State Champ

You will here about these guys within the next three years.

HEY BUC..G4...I JUST HEARD THAT JOSEPH PROCTOR IS AN 8TH GRADER ...NOT A 9TH GRADER...I THOUGHT FOR SURE HE WAS A 9TH GRADER BUT I JUST SAW ON WWW.TENNWRESTLING.COM MIDDLE SCHOOL FORUM THAT HE IS A 8TH GRADER...

CAN YOU CLARIFY???