Best Region in 5A football

thtruth

I'm really tired of the Williamson county school district thinking they are the best region in 5A football.  I've had one person give examples why this district is better than 4-5A.  Let's just compare the top three teams in each district.  I believe Brentwood finished first in the Williamson county district last year followed by Franklin and Ravenwood.  In district 4-5A, I believe it was Riverdale, Lebanon, and Smyrna.  In regular season, I believe only Smyrna and Brentwood matched up.  Smyrna beat them something like 31-13.  That's yalls number 1 vs. District 4's number 3. 

Riverdale is overrated - Brentwood spanked them a few years ago in the State Championship when they were  ranked as did Dickson Co. who was a 500 team and Riverdale was undefeated.  The BHS and Smyna game last year was a fluke - BHS up 13-0 and key players were injured which lent tot he fluke lop sided score.

Let's compare records, Brentwood finished what 8-2 ( I really don't know for sure), Franklin finished 8-2 (Again, I'm really not sure), and Ravenwood finished 6-4 (Still I'm not sure).  Riverdale 10-0 regular season (Closes game was Lebanon in my mind, I know because I was on the Riverdale side watching---score was no indication of the game), Lebanon went 8-2 (Lost only to Riverdale and Antioch--Lebanon gave that game away), and Smyrna (only loses to Riverdale and Lebanon, but beat Brebtwood silly).  Wow!!!!  What a comparison!!!  That's Williamson county district 22-8 and district 4 26-4. 

My bad!!!  We should consider playoffs!!!  Brentwood got beat in the 2nd round by Ravenwood.  Who would later fall to Franklin in the 3rd round.  Smyrna got beat 2nd round by Riverdale and Lebanon got beat by Cookeville (District 3-5A champ).  We are on a collison course for a state championship meeting!!!  The best between the rich boy region and those nationally ranked warriors!!!  What was the final score in that 5A state championship.  Was it 35-7 them warriors???  I believe so!!!  Look for region 4-5A to be a little down this year, but I bet those warriors will compete in their 6th straight championship and WIN IT AGAIN!!! 

Please compare districts!!!  But leave out the sorry teams and just look at the best teams in the district!!!  COMING TO A STADIUM NEAR YOU, A WARRIOR BUTT KICKING!!!!

825719829[/snapback]

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This doesn't have anything to do with this topic... I was just scanning the board to see what everyone thought of the games last night... I see that you like our little dig at Centennial, Rebel... and from what I've seen, I don't think that's gonna change this year, either...

And just for the record, I'm in total agreement that Region 6 is, top to bottom, one of the most competitive and consistent in the state for 5A... a VERY close second would be Region 5 with Hendersonville, Beech, Gallatin, et al... Region 4 is Riverdale, Smyrna and then everyone else... sometimes Oakland, but rarely...

825721036[/snapback]

You tell em sportsguy! And thats coming from an authority on the subject!

first off truth.....you are talking out of your toe  You have no idea of what the facts really are.  You are just spouting off assumptions and making an idiot out of yourself.

second off.....brentwood did not lose to smyrna 2 years ago.  The series is tied at 1-1 over the past two years.  I also believe that the only time Riverdale and Brentwood have played each other in the past few years, Brentwood brought home the trophy. 

third off....brentwood did not lose to blackman 2 years ago either.  Get your facts straight before you start babbling like an idiot.  Oh and just in case you are wondering.... Brentwood plays Smyrna next and I would be happy to show you first hand whether or not you will beat "those Brentwood Bruins."

P.S. Your lack of intelligence is astounding, clown.

825720886[/snapback]

You tell 'em SJ.... hey I hope you have a great season .... in wrestling that is!

yall forget in 2000 hunterslane played riverdale in the 2nd round ans only lost by 3td's and thats better than most teams that have played riverdale

here is proof

;):o:lol::lol: That just cracked me up!!

Hey Dude, you're back! Ready to step up for good ol' HLHS now that the leather and bullets are flying?

Alrighty then, explain to the CoachT Assembly of Football what was your take on the Whites Creek game? How will this affect their run to a region title?

I know what the weakest region in 5A is... REGION 3 !

825730614[/snapback]

Ya just had to drag region 3 into this! Maybe they will get the "most improved" before the season is over.

Anyway - according to Sonny Moore's Computer Power rating for week 0 the average power ratings are as follows:

Region 6 121.665

Region 5 117.5975

Region 2 117.5688

Region 4 116.478

Region 8 116.47

Region 1 115.922

Region 3 109.638

Region 7 109.25

So a superior sophisticated computer that hasn't yet included week 1 concluded region 3 is not the worst. :lol:

Updated after week 1 the average power rating according to the Sonny Moore Computer Power ratings are as follows:

Region 2 122.8229

Region 6 119.4313

Region 4 118.61375

Region 8 117.61875

Region 5 116.645

Region 1 114.65

Region 3 111.3566667

Region 7 108.69

Region 3 is still not the worst. :rolleyes:

• 5 weeks later...

Updated after week 1 the average power rating according to the Sonny Moore Computer Power ratings are as follows:

Region 2 122.8229

Region 6 119.4313

Region 4 118.61375

Region 8 117.61875

Region 5 116.645

Region 1 114.65

Region 3 111.3566667

Region 7 108.69

Region 3 is still not the worst. :thumb:

What's the update after Five weeks?