Brentwood vs. Smyrna

Bruin31NG

Maybe I just haven't been reading around, but who is touting Brentwood so highly? The pundits in Williamson County who would know better than most have them as perhaps not making the playoffs. Now I'm surely not saying I think that, I'm just curious as to where you read they were picked to win the BlueCross Bowl since many don't have them winning Region 6-5A.

That being said, here we are with another Region 6 vs Region 4 battle and so of course I'll be pulling for the Bruins. I have a good feeling BHS will represent the BEST region in the state well on Friday night.

Brentwood 24

Smyrna 14

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bwoodbruins- stay off the boards if you are going to be like that....no one from Brentwood wants that on here.

Double Bump to that. :lol:

As being the Brentwood poster Emeritus, every so often you get somebody who gets "over geeked" over one game, or the prospects for a championship. No perspective, no respect, no discernment at all-just raw LOOK AT US!!. That stuff is stupid, unrealistic, and damaging. Bruce looked good, but I wouldn't put him in the category of Whittemore or Everson-yet. If he does it ALL season, then the props will come.

Word of advice-these folks on this board feel as passionately as you do about their team. Sometimes you will actually make the players challenge for the upcoming season MORE difficult by inflaming passions of our opponents unnecessarily.

Everyone has dreams of playing a championship game, or winning their regions, or just making the playoffs. Some just want to win a game. Be humble in victory and complimentary in defeat.

Also, show some class and gear back a couple of notches. One game proves nothing my friend.

Edited by fromthetop2

get serious....nobody in high schoool is going to b able to handle mccurdy, the kids a stud on and off the field. to fast, to furious for anyone to touch, mccurdy for mr. football no doubt.  Yes the loss of the senior class last year hurt, but oviously not much. Sure dinger was incredible and welch was a machine, but Coach crawford always knows how to get his team up for the next year and has been a hero at brentwood ever since he took over.  The defense is better now with out the distractions it had last year, knock on wood they can stay healthy and nobody will b able to touch them.  State champs no doubt.  chalk it up, cant mess with up, bring on any team u name it.... im guessin if every1 stays healthy that brentwood could probably take on vanderbilt this year and kill them.  They are just to good for any one to even come close to...just walkin away from fools. llleeetttttsssssss ggggggoooooooo!

p.s. mccurdy is soooo sexy i love u bruce!!!!

825722739[/snapback]

You want to hear something funny?

The quote above some how found its way to smyrna's locker room but heres the good part

It was noted to be posted by Mccurdy himself!

IF posters don't think this kind of stuff can back fire at times you are mistaken.

Certainly execution wins games not quotes but in close games a little extra incentive to get after some one certainly does help.

I still say Brentwood is favored by 3 tds and Smyrna will have to play their tails off just to stay close to this extremely talented and confident Brentwood team that is already looking ahead to their battle with Franklin and Riverdale down the road.

I will say one thing

Smyrna is not Coffee County we may have a player or 2 with a little more speed.

Thats the beautiful thing about brentwoods offense, is that they dont just have 1 standout player. There running backs are a great tandom, along with their wrs, and with McCurdy in the backfield calling the shots, the offense is a dangerous threat. I think brentwood will win in a close one. Crawford will have his defense ready as always and will shut down the two studs from Smyrna.

The above quote is from bwoodbruins from last year before the Smyrna game

So you can take the predictions for what they are

In other words blah blah blah

I can promise you one thing Smyrna has all the respect in the world for Brentwood and coach Crawford this is being communicated to the players as a chance to go out of region and play a title contendor.

I like these kind of games win or lose. Who wants to go out of region and play a cup cake. A tough game will help teams get ready to play their tough region opponents.

Even though we are under dogs my revised prediction (didn't realize our kicker was that good)

Smyrna 27

Brentwood 24

the brentwood smyrna game this friday will be the best game of the week by far,

It will be a match up aginst smyrna's offense.the defense will be better because this is the second week in a row that they face a spread offence.they know who brentwood are,they have no really excepional player except that #9 McCurdy i thisnk is his name.

dont get me wrong brentwood has a lot of average players who play strong hard and will play every play to the fullest but i jus dont think brenwood can match up with smyrna's recivers.they have an all-region pick 6'1 senior in demarcus martin a 6'3 man child that is ripped like T.O in wilks.and a 6 ft reciver who is said to have the best hands on the team in josh crouch.this week i expect that smyrna will open up their playbook now that sophmore sonny gray has a win under his belt.

pick

brentwood 21

smyrna 35