Knox Central Vs. Farraguet

chsOL68

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, I can't believe that there's not more talk on this page. This should be a good game against two good teams. Central is coming off two consecutive 10-3 seasons, and Farragut's last two seasons were 5-5 and 9-3. The question all of last year was "Is Farragut back?" It will be interesting to see if the Admirals had a fluke season last year in a somewhat unbalanced region, or if these guys are for real. I heard that one of the Reveiz kids is pretty good and I can't wait to see him play. However, Central will be missing the services of stand-out LB Robert Longworth. That match-up would have been worth the price of admission AND the traffic in West Knoxville.

Second......SS55, what in the world are you talking about???? Central and Farragut didn't scrimmage this year. They went against each other a couple of years ago in the jamboree (which Central won). Scrimmaged again last fall (which Central won) and went against each other the following night in the Jamboree last year(which Central won again).

I'll be there early to see a good game and wish Longworth a speedy recovery from his injury. Most of all, I'm glad to see Admirals Coach Courtney back on the sidelines for another season. No predictions here, but I hope the Cats bring back a "W" to Fountain City.

Edited by catsfever

Central returns 18 of 22 starters. They will have to replace Terence Scott's stats by spreading the ball out to more recievers, and they are loaded at the reciever position. Offensive line play will need to improve, but that was the same concern as last year. They will improve as the year goes on. Central must be able to run the ball. They open the year against 2 pretty good defensive teams in Bell Co and Farragut. Hopefully, this will help the run game when they play region games.

Should be a interesting game. Keeping my fingers crossed that the rain holds off.

Motivation and emotion are intangibles that must be figured into any prediction for this one.

Coach Eddie Courtney from Farragut is one of the most REAL human beings ANYONE will ever meet. I have known the man for years and Ill tell you, he has always been one of the most positive individuals you will ever meet. Ive never heard a negative word from him. In his illness he could say why me? but that isnt him, instead he has continued to be VERY positive, and Im quite sure his kids see what he's going thru, yet he keeps on keeping on in his responsibilities to the Admirals.

Central may have more athletes and playmakers, but they will be without 4 year starting OLB Robert Longworth whom is a leader and motivator for the Bobcat defense. Tailback David Gaston still may not be 100% either. As far as the O-Line goes, I felt the pass blocking last week was VERY adequate, but the run blocking certainly wasn't dominating.

I think the Admirals will be FIRED up, motivated , and playing this year for the Gipper, and they are huge at the line of scrimmage, thus if Farragut can control the line of scrimmage and limit the Bobcat posessions, this could be a very close one.

I think this one may come down to the foot of Bobcat kicker Lonas Seiber.

thumb My prediction CENTRAL by 3