CARTER VS SOUTH DOYLE

qbsdad

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TOM AND DEVIL ADD SOMETHING TO THE TOPIC.AND BECAUSE YOU GUYS SEEM TO KEEP CLOSE TABS ON ME I NOW HAVE 2 SONS PLAYING.YOU KNOW THE OLDER ONE AND DEVIL THE YOUNGER ONE WAS #7 5 CATCHES AND A TD (FRESHMAN) IN THE SCRIMMAGE I MEAN STATE CHAMPIONSHIP AGAINST THE RED DEVILS.

NOW TO TOPIC I THINK SD WILL BRING A MUCH IMPROVED TEAM TO CARTER ON FRIDAY.ON PAPER CARTER LOOKS TO BE IN POSITION TO HAVE A GOOD SEASON.I THINK THE KEY HERE IS WHO TAKES CARE OF THE LITTLE THINGS SUCH AS TURNOVERS KICKING GAME ETC.NOT TO ANYONES SURPRISE I LIKE CARTER IN THIS ONE 27-21.GO HORNETS!!!!!!

Well I think that Carter vs. SD is going to be a good game. Both teams have dropped down and are looking to have a good season but to be honest I think Carter will come up on top. 28-14. One of the big reasons is that Carter's offensive line and the defensive lines are starting to show that they have what it takes to win some ball games. The backs have also stepped up especially their QB who in my opinion will be ALL STATE...They also have a fullback that will run people over. I just think that SD will come up a little short friday night.

Good Luck To Both Teams!!! GO Pioneers!!

TOM AND DEVIL ADD SOMETHING TO THE TOPIC.AND BECAUSE YOU GUYS SEEM TO KEEP CLOSE TABS ON ME I NOW HAVE 2 SONS PLAYING.YOU KNOW THE OLDER ONE AND DEVIL THE YOUNGER ONE WAS #7 5 CATCHES AND A TD (FRESHMAN) IN THE SCRIMMAGE I MEAN STATE CHAMPIONSHIP AGAINST THE RED DEVILS.

NOW TO TOPIC I THINK SD WILL BRING A MUCH IMPROVED TEAM TO CARTER ON FRIDAY.ON PAPER CARTER LOOKS TO BE IN POSITION TO HAVE A GOOD SEASON.I THINK THE KEY HERE IS WHO TAKES CARE OF THE LITTLE THINGS SUCH AS TURNOVERS KICKING GAME ETC.NOT TO ANYONES SURPRISE I LIKE CARTER IN THIS ONE 27-21.GO HORNETS!!!!!!

825724929[/snapback]

Wow, two future Heisman hopefuls on the same team? How can any team compete? I just don't see how it's possible.

Edited by Tom142

SD 23 Carter 20.Don't get mad at me for this one qbsdad, I'm for the Honets as much as you.I don't know how you came up with your score?Did you not factor in those "little things"(turnovers,kicking game,penalties)?Carter will lose in all those areas.I will spare everyone my opinion of the coach this time,but will remind you all that you can't skip steps when preparing for anything.I don't think the Hornets are ready for contact and question their conditioning.Why were there so many players with cramps in the state championship against Halls.I know its the time of year for cramps ,but I did'nt notice the eventual champs having the same problem.Did we skip a step?It will take the Hornets 2 1/2 quarters and a bunch of ugly hits to realize that coach skipped the contact part.The late rally will fall short with a blocked punt or interception on a 4th and 3 play where the qb could have ran for 15 yards.I will get there early with all the excitement that comes with the first game of the year only to find the green swarm going through warm ups that look like they're getting ready for a game of "merge" or "yield".And when the Mighty Hornets stagger out of the locker room(leading their team of coaches) and it looks like someone just told them about the big "lock in" over at Lyons Creek ,even the parents will know what to expect.At times the Hornets look almost too cool for a measly game of football. Players, if you're reading this,don't take it to heart.It is not your fault.This is a trickle down problem. Coach said when he came here that "winning is a process".Well,so is losing. :rolleyes:

WOW, tmywhitepine seems to be on top of things when it comes to the hornets. Since you seem to have all of the answers i'm sure Coach Woods and his "team of coaches" would love some help. Obviously you know exactly what the hornets need and how to fix it. I am no coach and will probably never know as much about the game as any of the carter coaches (thats why i keep my comments to myself when it comes to the coaching techniques). Maybe you should try the same. Just sit back and watch the game. I dont know much about South Doyle so its hard to give an educated oppinion on the game, but if the hornets can do the things that i know they are capable of doing, i think they will pull this one out. Score doesnt matter and no one ever gets it right anyways so here is my guess...Carter=WIN, South Doyle=LOSE

WOW, tmywhitepine seems to be on top of things when it comes to the hornets.  Since you seem to have all of the answers i'm sure Coach Woods and his "team of coaches" would love some help.  Obviously you know exactly what the hornets need and how to fix it.  I am no coach and will probably never know as much about the game as any of the carter coaches (thats why i keep my comments to myself when it comes to the coaching techniques).  Maybe you should try the same.  Just sit back and watch the game.  I dont know much about South Doyle so its hard to give an educated oppinion on the game, but if the hornets can do the things that i know they are capable of doing, i think they will pull this one out. Score doesnt matter and no one ever gets it right anyways so here is my guess...Carter=WIN, South Doyle=LOSE

825726463[/snapback]

Well hornetgrad04.Unfortunately I don't have many answers at all,but I do know just a few that everyone that has ever played or watched a few games should know.Sorry, but I don't think coach woods has them wrote down in that big play book he stands with down away from the players.Football is a very primitive game.As much as we like to get caught up in all those fancy pass routes and sneaky reverses, most games are won or lost at the bottom of those piles where all the scratch'n,bite'n and fight'n is going on.You either deliver the contact or have it delivered to you.If you walk on the field,9 out of 10 times you're going to walk off with a loss.Don't mean to make everyone mad on here I'm just tired of these so called coaches buying into things like "you're only as good as your talent" or "can't coach what you aint got".Those are excuses.You think coach Quarles is taking that stance?Wait and see what he does with his sub par talent this year.The hornets should fine after this game and until the Fulton game.I guess I'm just frustrated because I think they're capable of even more than what what you seem to know they are.

Well hornetgrad04.Unfortunately I don't have many answers at all,but I do know just a few that everyone that has ever played or watched a few games should know.Sorry, but I don't think coach woods has them wrote down in that big play book he stands with down away from the players.Football is a very primitive game.As much as we like to get caught up in all those fancy pass routes and sneaky reverses, most games are won or lost at the bottom of those piles where all the scratch'n,bite'n and fight'n is going on.You either deliver the contact or have it delivered to you.If you walk on the field,9 out of 10 times you're going to walk off with a loss.Don't mean to make everyone mad on here I'm just tired of these so called coaches buying into things like "you're only as good as your talent" or "can't coach what you aint got".Those are excuses.You think coach Quarles is taking that stance?Wait and see what he does with his sub par talent this year.The hornets should fine after this game and until the Fulton game.I guess I'm just frustrated because I think they're capable of even more than what what you seem to know they are.

825726505[/snapback]

I never thought eat'n crow could taste so good(40 something to 7).Hats off to the Highschool Hornets and their "team of coaches"!!That looked just like a football team.I invite anyone out there to make an example out of me after all the junk I've talked.I bet theres no sweeter feeling than when you shut up all the critics.I would'nt take my helmets off just yet if I were the Hornets.The Kee's are'nt 1-20 for nothing.I won't ramble on like I have any idea about football,but will say this:I think the best plays #11 has ever made were the two right after the early interceptions when he went to the sidelines and kept his cool.If you guys can keep sharpening those stingers you just never know whats in store? thumb thumb