Hickman Co. Ends the Itch

dawgsfan71

How sweet it is!!!!  Bulldog football took a huge step in the right direction Friday night with a huge victory against rival Lewis Co. This might be the biggest victory in schools history.  I know for sure it will make and has already made a huge impact on things to come in Hickman Co.  Give me your opinion!!!

825723403[/snapback]

DON'T GET TO OVERHYPED. WHEN YOU SET YOURSELF UP FOR LOFTY EXPECTATIONS IT CAN ONLY COME BACK TO HAUNT YOU LATER ON. I'M SURE YOUR NEW COACH IS A GOOD ONE BUT DO NOT PUT ALL THAT ADDED PRESSURE ON HIM. GIVE HIM A CHANCE TO PROVE HIMSELF, BEFORE YOU ANNOUNCE THE SECOND COMING OF KNUTE ROCKNE. GOOD LUCK TO YOU THIS SEASON.

Yep.  Biggest win in school history is a little much.  Your 3A school just beat a 2A school.  You need to be winning those games.

825723487[/snapback]

Hey Ksgovols, you need to worry about your own problems in kingston springs with the powerhouse harpeth program. For you info the Lewis Co Hickman Co game has been a rilvary for the last 50 years. Any rilvary game is a big game. Do you research before you post!!!!!!!

Yep.  Biggest win in school history is a little much.  Your 3A school just beat a 2A school.  You need to be winning those games.

825723487[/snapback]

Do your research and check out the rivalry and how long it has been since we have beaten Lewis Co. and you also might want to get your facts straight we are 4a. You need to check into the importance of this game and see that Hickman Co. has lacked in success for a long time. Until you have walked in out shoes and know the history stay out of it

Guest catfish-hunter
Hickman Co. will start the season 2-0 before they hit their region schedule hot and heavy. If they beat Maplewood at home in week three then that my friends would be the biggest win in school history. They would have started the season 3-0 but more importantly they would be 1-0 in the region thumb

I'll buy that it has been the biggest win in a long time. We have trophies sitting over here from much larger wins. Bowls, districts, regions, conferences, ...

There once was a time that Hickman County was a powerhouse. The Lewis County - Hickman County game was a game that showed other rivals what the word meant. Both teams were good and loved football. I remember there were many years that we didn't play Lewis County. Was that during this winless streak? I can't remember when we began to play them again.

Any way, to give an opinion on the win, no it wasn't the biggest win in school history. It was the biggest since the state playoff teams of the 1980's.

How sweet it is!!!!  Bulldog football took a huge step in the right direction Friday night with a huge victory against rival Lewis Co. This might be the biggest victory in schools history.  I know for sure it will make and has already made a huge impact on things to come in Hickman Co.  Give me your opinion!!!

825723403[/snapback]

It looks like ole Ron Mexico was almost dead on with his prediction! Well I'll give you another one...Eric Swenson IS the second coming of Knute Rockne! He is THE MAN! You can say what you want..."well yall are 4A and you should win those games blah blah blah" but the bottom line is this... that very same Lewis County team Friday night would have given Hickman County a complete Woodshed Job last year! It's like night and day my friend. I didnt even feel like I was watching Hickman County play. They could have folded up like a cheap beach chair when they got down 13-0 early on in the second but they fought back. Those seniors have got the crap kicked out of them the last 3 years and it was good to see them have something to smile about early in the year. Good job Dawgs...now go put it on the Central Tigers!

It looks like ole Ron Mexico was almost dead on with his prediction!  Well I'll give you another one...Eric Swenson IS the second coming of Knute Rockne!  He is THE MAN!  You can say what you want..."well yall are 4A and you should win those games blah blah blah" but the bottom line is this... that very same Lewis County team Friday night would have given Hickman County a complete Woodshed Job last year!  It's like night and day my friend.  I didnt even feel like I was watching Hickman County play.  They could have folded up like a cheap beach chair when they got down 13-0 early on in the second but they fought back.  Those seniors have got the crap kicked out of them the last 3 years and it was good to see them have something to smile about early in the year.  Good job Dawgs...now go put it on the Central Tigers!

825723885[/snapback]

I think we'll try and keep him for awhile. thumb I still think it'll take three years and a drop in classification to see the real dividends of the groundwork that is taking place before our very eyes. Wins and losses don't matter right now, i'm more interested in seeing our guys continue to improve and fight for four quarter like friday night, win or lose! We also can't keep having the turnover at the head coach position like we've had for the last 20 yrs. stability is the key.How is coach swenson liking centerville dawgs71?

I think we'll try and keep him for awhile. thumb I still think it'll take three years and a drop in classification to see the real dividends of the groundwork that is taking place before our very eyes. Wins and losses don't matter right now, i'm more interested in seeing our guys continue to improve and fight for four quarter like friday night, win or lose! We also can't keep having the turnover at the head coach position like we've had for the last 20 yrs. stability is the key.How is coach swenson liking centerville dawgs71?

825724111[/snapback]

He likes Centerville, he did say something about not being a big fan of the Bar B Que restarant in Cville.

825724111[/snapback]

I think Coach Swenson likes Centerville...its no thriving Metropolis like Huntingdon. I know for a fact that he enjoys working with the people at the school. Coach Swenson has a huge love for the game and he continues to do a great job day in and day out with the team. I think winning in Centerville will make this place a lot better in his eyes as I know it will for everyone else.

825724111[/snapback]

Chiming in on this, I can attest that Swenson has brought about a change in the attitude of these young men. They actually believe that they can move the ball on teams and put it in the endzone. That is so huge in H.S. football. In the last few years that belief was not there. Also he has them believing that just because they get down doesn't signal time to throw in the towel, rather time to stiffen the back and dig in. Also defensively we can stop people if we play hard and each one does his job. We are so proud of the guys on the team and their desire to fight even though they were down 13-0. As long as they maintain that attitude good things will continue to be seen in H.C. football.