7A/7AA

Guest tigerlily

RBS went to memphis and only lost 1 or 2 games this summer in camp...thats excellent w/ it being down in memphis and the teams that are down there that plays in that camp..I'm looking for RBS to compete this year...but talk to me in a couple of years...In a few years we're going to have Laken to come up and play...Stacey can Cacey's little sister Layce...and a ccouple of sophomores this year thats tough and thats ashton gentry and amber claywell...RBS is going to get so much better as the years go on...and they only have one senior this year too...so they're going to be even better next year and the year after next etc...

Edited by swanson71

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RBS went to memphis and only lost 1 or 2 games this summer in camp...thats excellent w/ it being down in memphis and the teams that are down there that plays in that camp..I'm looking for RBS to compete this year...but talk to me in a couple of years...In a few years we're going to have Laken to come up and play...Stacey can Cacey's little sister Layce...and a ccouple of sophomores this year thats tough and thats ashton gentry and amber claywell...RBS is going to get so much better as the years go on...and they only have one senior this year too...so they're going to be even better next year and the year after next etc...

825736011[/snapback]

what camp in memphis?? They host there own camp then they normally go to Shelbyville

i fear york more than any other team. brandi can win a game by herself. she showed us that last year... :blink:

825733132[/snapback]

Yes.. you should...but like you said she can win a game by herself but what about an off night or another injury... Coaching changes will be a big factor in the district... should be down to the wire for tourny positions.

i fear york more than any other team. brandi can win a game by herself. she showed us that last year... :lol:

825733132[/snapback]

Don't overlook Upperman. They beat York three times with Brown healthy. They beat Jackson Co 2 out of the 3 times they played.

UHS lost only one to graduation and she didn't guard Brandi in the last two games they played. This is a team loaded with JRs that played varsity ball as eighth graders when Upperman was 7 thru 12. They have two solid freshmen that could start. They won the district last year, why overlook them now? :lol:

I like Smith County, But, expect Upperman to win this district and possibly (probably) make it on the the state tourney. Upperman seemed to have a phobia about Jackson County come tounament time but that won't be in their way this year. York and Livingston are extremely good, but, Upperman will uproot both of them. (SO I THINK). Single A should be fun this year. Celina, Jackson County and Clarkrange should turn into new rivals. As a matter of fact everybody that plays Jackson County is a BIG RIVAL, that should pull in some good money all season. Lady Blue Devils will bring home the GOLD this year in single A.

Here is what is on my mind about Red Boiling Springs:

Red Boiling Springs will be on A LOT of teams' minds' in the district. Many of the girls play basketball year round. Face it, there's not really much else to do in Macon County...trust me I am there all the time and grew up there. They have great potential this season and for many to come. As long as they stay team-oriented and stick together and play to the best of their ability they will be very good. It has been a long time since these girls have won 7A...about 7 years I believe. You are about to see the Lady Dawg teams of old like the teams in the mid to late 90's and the late 80's teams. The team, coaches, and community are all striving for greatness once again.

For this season, the team has so much depth that they do not get tired. They will play 32 minutes HARD. On and off the ball they should be quick. Height has been a problem in recent past but Coach White has some girls growing like weeds. It's not tremendous height but enough to hold their own. The juniors and lone senior should lead the team well, as they are all very experienced. Coach White will master his opponents and be ready to attack at whatever they put against his team. At home, I expect a winning record. Crowd support is wonderful. I believe they could successfully defend their Christmas Tournament, and hopefully do well in the district tournament. It will be a hard road with the toughness in the district but with their desire and preparedness, they can accomplish anything they set their minds to! Good luck Lady Dawgs!!!

Brandon Woodard