Knoxville Catholic at Austin East

SliderSport

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Ae having lost Harris, Mccalister, and their head coach, im sure they really surprised a lot of people by beating fulton. In this one I would like to see Ae beat catholic, but i just dont think they will be able to pull this one out. Boys im tellin ya catholic is big, strong, and fast, everything that a championship team has. I can't see anybody beating catholic this year.

Catholic:35

AE:27

With Ae having lost Harris, Mccalister, and their head coach, im sure they really surprised a lot of people by beating fulton. In this one I would like to see Ae beat catholic, but i just dont think they will be able to pull this one out. Boys im tellin ya catholic is big, strong, and fast, everything that a championship team has. I can't see anybody beating catholic this year.

Catholic:35

AE:27

825729769[/snapback]

Catholic is off to a great start but the question is how good are Smith County and Sequoya. Smith county and Sequoya both come from regions that are traditionally very weak.

Losing Harris and McAlister doesn't hurt us as much as you might think. We are always loaded at running back and quite deep at linebacker this year. The coaching change really is no change at all, at least in philosophy. Coach Graham has been on the Roadrunner staff since Coach Stevens took over in 1999. He only adds a few new wrinkles to an already winning program.

Lastly, the only reason people were surprised that we beat Fulton was they saw a 6-3 score against Red Bank and assumed that the Roadrunners were down this year. WRONG ANSWER!!!

Go Roadrunners!!!

Smith County has been playing up with a 2A enrollment for the last 4 years. The last two years, Fulton has beaten someone from our Region in the Semifinals. Until Fulton just started throwing it up on Smith County last year, they couldn't move the football at all.

IMO, Knox. Catholic is the best team in 3A. I guess the (Beep Beeps) will find out soon enough if I'm correct.

Should be a good game.

Smith County has been playing up with a 2A enrollment for the last 4 years.  The last two years, Fulton has beaten someone from our Region in the Semifinals.  Until Fulton just started throwing it up on Smith County last year, they couldn't move the football at all.

IMO, Knox. Catholic is the best team in 3A.  I guess the (Beep Beeps) will find out soon enough if I'm correct.

Should be a good game.

825730187[/snapback]

I must correct you. Fulton has beaten someone from your region the last three years. The year before that it was the Roadrunners who beat up on Trousdale County, who was in your region. All four games were blowouts!!! I'll say it again, the region WAS weak!!! It IS much stronger this year.

I wasn't saying that Catholic doesn't have a great team. Based on the first two games and their past football seasons, it appears that Catholic has yet another strong football team. My question was whether the team is really that good or were their first two opponents really that bad? The real truth will be found out on Friday night.

Go Roadrunners!!!

I must correct you.  Fulton has beaten someone from your region the last three years.  The year before that it was the Roadrunners who beat up on Trousdale County, who was in your region.  All four games were blowouts!!!  I'll say it again, the region WAS weak!!!  It IS much stronger this year.

I wasn't saying that Catholic doesn't have a great team.  Based on the first two games and their past football seasons, it appears that Catholic has yet another strong football team.  My question was whether the team is really that good or were their first two opponents really that bad?  The real truth will be found out on Friday night.

Go Roadrunners!!!

825730491[/snapback]

Yeah...that 14-13 OT win by Fulton over Trousdale was a blowout. Last year's game with Smith County was a lot closer than you think. It was 7-6 Fulton at the half...and 14-6 at the end of 3. SC dropped at TD pass that could have tied it going into the 4th. SC had 4 uncharacteristic turnovers. Fulton did win going away because of Bishop. He took over the 4th quarter.

That has nothing to do with this game. I think Catholic has an excellent chance to win that region. They are very physical and quick. They have a very good kicking game. It's difficult to compare to last year...because we don't have the same team...but they seem to be much more physical than Fulton was. We did...however...move the ball on them until our tailback got hurt. We did not get close to stopping them. They are explosive on offense...well disciplined on defense.

Edited by Antwan