DB vs Bearden

geronimo

Im bettin on an even better game vs. Bearden....... I know for a fact that D-B underestimated South. This cost them, not as much on the scoreboard, but as in the game itself. I belive DB will make some changes and probably be pumped and ready for a challenge against Bearden. B/c lets face it for the past 11 years what has South had for DB to be pumped up for. Not saying anything about there team this yeah(which from what i can see is very strong). So I for one am hoping on some changes.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's happened to Clark anyway? He has gone from one of the best  play calling/game plan coaches to one of the worst. If you look back, it all started last year. Mostly in the Oak Ridge playoff game. Probably the worst game plan I've ever seen him have. And what was up with not using McMillin in that game, or for not using him the whole season for that matter. Back to this year. To start with, Elizabethton will be lucky to win 2 games this year, so beating them was no great feat. DB looked terrable in that game. South is a decent 4A team at best, and they would lose to Maryville 70-0. So beating them was no great feat either. Play calling by Clark was a complete joke. Even the head cheerleader would of known running the QB every down was not going to work. Burton, (18 carries for 45yrds.), I would think somewhere aroun the tenth carrie I would of figured it out. Oh and when you have the ball on the goal line, don't put in a 145lb. scat-back and run him up the middle. That was just plain stupid. (sorry, no other way to put it) Total offence/167yrds, and 5 first downs. DB should of had that in the first quarter.

Now I know Clark reads these forums, so let me see if I can help him out.

Put Burton at Qb, and actually give him some plays besides running every down. Put Creech at full back and Maxwell at halfback and let them run with it. Throw the ball to Rogers and Sensabaugh more than once a game. Give McNew the ball a couple times behind the starting line and see what he can do. Dust off that playbook you used a couple years ago and see what happens. You know the one, its marked "High School Play Book"

Now everybody go ahead and blast me for telling the truth.

WaCo :lol: JaCo

825731774[/snapback]

WaCo .......

I'm going to say it AGAIN.....YOU could be the WORST excuse for an Indian fan in the history. Maybe ole RED BEARD should just stick to selling used cars and quit trying to re-live his high school days!

GET A LIFE DUDE......They're KIDS!

:)

It is one thing to offer constructive criticism and quite the other thing to denigrate the whole team.  Learn the difference.  Thanks Coach T for getting rid of that one!

Roll Tribe!

825732133[/snapback]

I am well aware of the difference. I might have missed some posts, but I didn't see anyone denigrating an entire team. I saw a few suggestions that some of the present DB players could learn from those who played before them and win (or lose) with a little less trash talking and taunting of the other side. Not all players, just some. That seems like pretty constructive criticism to me. Hope the coaches do read these posts and take note. There's nothing wrong with emotion, and I know they're just kids. But, running in front of opposing fans and taunting them is out of line and shouldn't be tolerated by any coach. These kids are supposed to be learning lessons for life to take them well beyond football. Winning (or losing) with dignity should be one of those lessons. If you disagree with my opinion on that, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. If my opinion on that gets deleted by Coach T, then so be it!

Giddy Up for the Indians... Cheer for a young (very young) Team, or sell your tickets, I don't want to here a bunch of "what happened to DB and "dang, did Graham loose his touch" crap.... Support or deport. DB is 2-0.

DB leads the All-time Series vs. Knox Bearden Bulldogs 11-0

The first game between these 2 Schools was in 1955, a 40-0 DB win in Kingsport. For what ever reason, the 1st 5 games played were in Kingsport. Graham Clark is 8-0 vs Bearden, 6-0 in Kingsport, that includes 2 victories in KPT in 1997(1 Reg Season and 1 Playoff). The Indians won last years game in Knoxville 50-6.

I hear that Sam McCord is out for 4-6 weeks with the shoulder injury. For all of you Tribe "fans" who think little of #4 Bo Burton's efforts @ QB against Sullivan South, consider this.... this was the first real Varsity PT Bo has ever faced, it was in a very hostile environment, and Bo had practiced very little at QB during the pre-season. Bo will take all of the 1st Team snaps @ QB this week and expect a noticable improvement.

The DB Defense is rock solid... giving up 6 pt in both the 1st 2 games, and Betsy scored on the 4th string. The only thing I can hope for, and I expect that watching the Game Film will show is.... that DB will use their HUGE ADVANTAGE @ WR... Cody Sensabuagh and Marcus Rogers are the Indians #1 & #2 offensive threats other than Bo Burton running the ball.

Still Choppin'

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Edited by ArtVandalay

Where's Red Beard......oooops I mean WaCo??? (that's right, I'm calling you out)

and one more thing.....

Where's Skunk??? I can't believe he would just read what WaCo posted and NOT have a good reply???

I'll make it known who all of you people are if you all keep downgrading this team. Some of you wouldn't want that would you??? :P

I think it's about time all Indian fans get behind the Indians and SUPPORT them!!!

Roll TRIBE!

:thumb:

WACO -- Well let's see, I believe Clark is something like 126-25 at D-B. He's taken great athletes and accomplished great things. Then he's taken average athletes and still won 8, 9, sometimes 10 games. Many have told me of needing him at 9 or 10 at night and being directed to the football office because he's still there. This appears to be one of those years that the talent is very much below what it has been. I don't see any Teddy Gaines or Adonis Johnson's anywhere out there. Meanwhile, we've got people like you who have the nerve to criticize him as if he's not the same coach. I'm banned for life is I say what I think, so let me say this. You desperately need to stay out of coaching discussions. I doubt you could draw a comprehensive offensive play of ANY kind, much less come up with a game plan, make halftime adjustments, and call a game. Please don't post when these kids get it together (maybe this week) and score 30+ points. You've taken your stand, so stay back there in the shadows, criticize Coach Clark, and relive your glory days and what might have been if the stupid coach had just put you in!

Edited by Stonewall

Well I see my post has struck a nerve with a few people. And I see a few people agree with me. I guess it shows who's drinking the Kool-Aid and who's not. You would have to be pretty stupid to think Clark coached a good game against South. He even admitted himself that he didn't. I never said he wasn't a good coach. I said he wasn't a good coach right now. I was asking him to return to being a good coach. I think anyone who has half a brain would know that Friday night was not a very well coached game.

As for you weed-heads "calling me out", I would be very careful about that.

If coaches make dumb decissions im not going to pat them on the back and tell them "Great Job", like some people on here do. No true Indian fan would look at the South game and be happy with the coaching. I am hoping Clark will get back in the "zone" by the Oak Ridge game. I know he's a great coach (the best we've ever had at DB). He just seams to have drifted.

Stonewall....I never played football in high school, nice try though.

tu_fueta....I don't know where you get this used car/red beard stuff, Maybe your living in some sort of fantasy world. In any case, I will keep posting whatever I want and you can just keep crying about it. And one more thing, Where have I "downgraded the team"? I am actually a huge DB fan and have always supported them. You can be a fan and not always agree with the play calling. Ever been to a DB game and here the fans all around you complaining about play calling? You may think im the the "worst" Indian fan in history, but you are with out question, most stupid.

OK...why so much criticism and negativity on here? Win or lose my blood runs maroon. I don't think it is responsible for grown men to be on here criticizing 16 year old kids. It's a game and these are boys, D-B Pride is far deeper than the number of ticks in the win column. You can criticize Graham, the staff, the score board operator, the guy stirring the chili in the concession stand, etc (they are grown men)......but don't criticize these boys!! We are 2-0 this season and you would think we were 0-6 by all the whines and crys on here!!!! The same people who were praising Graham as a genius last year are on here talking crap about him this year. I suspect you guys never played football at D-B. Good luck to the Indians, whip some Bulldog tail!

Roll Tribe!

The winningest football program in Tennessee State History! 675-201-28