South Pittsburg @ Sequatchie Co.

country30

I am a newbie at this site, so I say something wrong I apologize. I noticed lots of references to SP and them not being as good as they were in the past. I hate to be the one to say it, but the past is gone. The Pirates may not be very dominant this year, but they will suprise many with their YOUNG talent. I watched Temple VERY sluggish at the end of the first quarter, then that was FINALLY when SC was able to run all over them. Little freshman #1 for Temple ran all over SC's defense before having hamstring problems. If you thought he was quick, wait till you see the freshman backs for SP. And don't worry SC will see them, after Matthews gains 100+ yards himself. Temple's QB was a pocket passer, then if he had to scramble, it wasn't long before he went down. That won't happen to us, trust me. I bet Greenback will be in the playoffs, they are a good team, we are young and make a few mistakes, but I guarantee, the one player you double team (#6), will only open the way for another talented back. Go ahead, and blitz from the outside as you did vs Temple, and we will eat you alive. Try to run off tackle and our defensive tackles will bury you. If they don't then be ready to take a hit from wild man Malone at linebacker.

SP- 31

SC-28

Edited by PiRaTe._.MiKe

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a newbie at this site, so I say something wrong I apologize.  I noticed lots of references to SP and them not being as good as they were in the past.  I hate to be the one to say it, but the past is gone.  The Pirates may not be very dominant this year, but they will suprise many with their YOUNG talent.  I watched Temple VERY sluggish at the end of the first quarter, then that was FINALLY when SC was able to run all over them.  Little freshman #1 for Temple ran all over SC's defense before having hamstring problems.  If you thought he was quick, wait till you see the freshman backs for SP.  And don't worry SC will see them, after Matthews gains 100+ yards himself.  Temple's QB was a pocket passer, then if he had to scramble, it wasn't long before he went down.  That won't happen to us, trust me.  I bet Greenback will be in the playoffs, they are a good team, we are young and make a few mistakes, but I guarantee, the one player you double team (#6), will only open the way for another talented back.  Go ahead, and blitz from the outside as you did vs Temple, and we will eat you alive.  Try to run off tackle and our defensive tackles will bury you.  If they don't then be ready to take a hit from wild man Malone at linebacker. 

SP- 31

SC-28

825735311[/snapback]

#1 had 20 yards and some 15 of them were on one play. I would hardly call that running wild. Buried, taking hits from a wild man, passing at will, a 100+ yard rusher, and you still just say your team wins by 3. That doesn't add up. And Greenback had 50 put on them last Friday, so I don't think they're a powerhouse.

Heres something... Coach Taylor was at Grundy last year and one thing that was obvious about South Pitt is that they could not stop midline. Grundy ran midline up and down the field on them, Taylor knows the weakness's of that defense Curt Beauru( like I said I dont know how to spell his name sry) is MORE than capable of doing such South Pitt has to stop the run first. (Another obvious fact Sequatchies offense is 2 dimensional they can throw it or run it at will)

Heres something... Coach Taylor was at Grundy last year and one thing that was obvious about South Pitt is that they could not stop midline.  Grundy ran midline up and down the field on them, Taylor knows the weakness's of that defense Curt Beauru( like I said I  dont know how to spell his name sry)  is MORE than capable of doing such South Pitt has to stop the run first. (Another obvious fact Sequatchies offense is 2 dimensional they can throw it or run it at will)

825735400[/snapback]

I don't advise sc to run the mid-line any against sp. I've beento there practices and they been working hard on that. I think they will shut sc down all night.

There is nothing blow hard about that I say 21 is good.

Sorry SP may be better then last year but so are we, and how did last year come out?

825734908[/snapback]

\

Yall ain't nothin but some cockie group of people yall have not won a championship in how long yall did not even make it to tha playoffs so yall think yall is just about to blow us out i doubt that seriously we will see tomorrow night who is da better team. All that talkin it is now time to put up or shut up

If South Pitt could win it will be by a very small margin. I am S.P. fan, but Sequatchie is very good. I look for a good game if South Pitt is healthy. MC Dad is so funny. He said I talked trash against Marion County in the Boyd/Marion thread. Go look and see who is trash talking and taking verbal jabs. It isn't me. I made a statement that Boyd's running back was out and that was bad for Boyd, but good for Marion. I also said that Boyd isn't as strong as they have been. I never said they were not a good team. I said it figures that as soon as they are off our schedule they are having a "down" year compared to the last few. Hope I figure out how to bring that post to this one so everyone can see it. It is ashame an apparent "MC Dad" has to get on here and call a kid an idiot. What a man he is!