Mo East at Jefferson County

jchspats07

You make some good points, but the rules are the rules. The kicker can not be run into, period. He was, it does not matter if he limped off or was faking it. The penality was not on Smith, but most likely a player or perhaps a fan. Some Refs have RABBIT EARS if ya know what I mean. The simple fact is the East captain was not allowed to make a decision on the penality. Coach Smith wanted to go for two from the 1.5 yard line and either win or lose. The ref said some player for East declined the penality, but he had NO IDEA which player it was, a pitiful excuse, but then the quality of officials was not particularly good.

Don't know why you think Jeff should have won by two TD's , both teams made lots of mistakes. IF is a big word, but East can not continue to turn the ball over four or five times a game and beat a good team. I am not knocking Ramsey either at least a couple of his picks bounced off his receivers, but the interceptions still go down to the QB, not quite fair, and if not for him they would have not been in the game anyway. However, to make your kicker kick a 35 yard extra point in an overtime game for celebrating after a TD is totally uncalled for and shows a lack of maturity and dicipline.

825747215[/snapback]

maturity and dicipline? are u kidding me. so ur saying that if someone scores a td that cant get up and yell? i believe so i dont think u were on the field.so u dont knwo what was said. i didnt say anyhting to any players i was pumped and yelled and the outstanding refs mad another stupid call like they did all night.

and as for who said that the ref's missed about 5 holding calls on the long run.after watching film today there werent one hold and im sure if there was any possibility that somone was holding the refs would have thrown a flag.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maturity and dicipline? are u kidding me. so ur saying that if someone scores a td that cant get up and yell? i believe so i dont think u were on the field.so u dont knwo what was said. i didnt say anyhting to any players i was pumped and yelled and the outstanding refs mad another stupid call like they did all night.

and as for who said that the ref's missed about 5 holding calls on the long run.after watching film today there werent one hold and im sure if there was any possibility that somone was holding the refs would have thrown a flag.

825748002[/snapback]

You are right i was in the stands not on the field, and with the noise i don't have a clue what you said, nor did i say you said anything. I agree the refs were bad and as i stated in my post some refs have Rabbit Ears. If you don't know what that means ask your coach.

I do not personally agree with the celebration penalty, but it is a rule none the less, and you don't have to say anything. If the ref thinks your actions are drawing attention to yourself, or taunting the opponent they can throw the flag. Example; in a college game a player scored a td and dove into the end zone although there was no defender within 10 yards of him. The flag for celebration was immediately thrown.

Bottom line, why take a chance, especially at that point in the game, with refs that as you stated in your post were looking for a reason to throw a flag. You have talent, that was not the first td you have scored, nor will it be the last. So in the future when you score you can jump up pump your fist in the air and yell and 9 out of 10 refs probably won't throw the flag, but the mature thing to do is act like you've scored td's before, toss the ball to the ref run to the sideline and celebrate with the boys that made it possible by blocking for you. That way you don't give that 1 out of 10 rabbit ear ref a reason to throw that flag. Just an opinion from a long time old school cane fan, so don't take it personal, take it for what it is worth.

Edited by Sugarcane

John is now the Assistant Principle so now has to work the games  from an Administrative standpoint, that's why he is not PA the games anymore. Thought you had something to work an angle on didn't you patfan?

Just another uninformed so called fan wanting to get something started other than the good things in Dumplin Valley.

825747745[/snapback]

For those that are so uninformed and the very reason that I dont post many times because many folks cannot comprehend what they read---my coments about JOHN CAGLE were ment to be positive, not negative as the coments earlier about the things being said in the press box. UNINFORMED?????? I have missed less than a dozen games since '82 and know more than I like to share and will not share.

However, to make your kicker kick a 35 yard extra point in an overtime game for celebrating after a TD is totally uncalled for and shows a lack of maturity and dicipline.

825747215[/snapback]

The rule was put in to keep so many players from hot dogging, and put themselves in the spotlight, or to show up their opponent. The problem with the rule is that it is a judgement call, and some refs don't have very good judgement. They don't know the difference from a kid hot-dogging, and a kid that was excited because he scored a TD in overtime to give his team a chance to win. At any rate a good ref would not make a call of that type that could decide the outcome of the game. Although I was not at the game and did not see the play I doubt that Brad was hot-dogging, but to be excited after a TD against a rival like Jeff County it would be a natural thing to jump up and yell.