Boyd-Buchanan @ Baylor

HS Football3781

This will be the 3rd year that Boyd and Baylor has played and the first 2 games were great games, with last year having a sad but exciting ending. The game will be at Baylor and I think it should still be a good game knowing that Boyd lost Anthony Hathaway and Darius Jones. Weston Perry really helped Boyd out and I hope he can do the same this week. But I believe that if we take care of penalties and turnovers, it should be a good game.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I somehow missed the information about Hathaway over the last week and saddened to hear of this news.

I was extremely impressed with him when we came to visit Boyd Week 0 and it must be a real blow to him to miss the rest of the season. I hope he can make a full recovery before next year as I am 100% sure several colleges would have a very keen interest in him. I also believe the Bucs will still do well do well this season as they are obviously a very well coached team and the QB looks to be a real leader.

Edited by OnlineLC

This will be a good match up. The two times these teams have played they have been very good, close, evenly matched games. Last years game, Boyd thought they had it, then the miracle play happend and baylor showed that the game isnt over until the final whistle blows as they pulled off that last second play. I think Boyd will come into this game and step it up and play to Baylors level. They will have to play a lot better offense than they did against Marion to keep this one close. Boyds D played well last friday and will have to have another big night this friday. Boyd got over the CPA hump this year after losing to them the first 2 times they played, and i think they will get over the Baylor hump as well and win by 3 :(

I somehow missed the information about Hathaway over the last week and saddened to hear of this news.

I was extremely impressed with him when we came to visit Boyd Week 0 and it must be a real blow to him to miss the rest of the season. I hope he can make a full recovery before next year as I am 100% sure several colleges would have a very keen interest in him. I also believe  the Bucs will still do well do well this season as they are obviously a very well coached team and the QB looks to be a real leader.

825738975[/snapback]

Hathaway is having his surgery this friday on his acl.

I know that Baylor lost to Brentwood Academy last friday, So I'm hoping that that will help Boyd out this week. Boyd just really needs to come prepared and mentally ready for this game. They need to play as hard as they can every minute of the game to stay with baylor. I also saw that Baylors running back Kevin Cooper only ran for 6 yards on 11 carries. Did he get hurt? I don't care what some people say, I believe this game is going to be very close, Boyd will be ready.

My prediction:

Boyd - 24

Baylor - 17