Powell at McCallie

Watts#1Fan

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually htv watts threw to galyon for the second touchdown. He scrambled to his left and flipped it over the d line to galyon falling down in the endzone.

825745258[/snapback]

Yep, you are right. I sit corrected.

None the less, Watts had what may just be his best game every as a Panther last night. He took the game over in the second half.

great game last night and im proud of the powell coach t faithful no smack talk before the game!

now gentleman doesnt it feel better to talk after the win?...lol

i would challenge you to keep focused and dont let the reb fans lure you into smack talk this week!

as much as i enjoy the maryville posts let the old guys argue.......you young guys take care of buisness

did anyone catch that insane block that jared magaha layed on someone on the 3rd down play?...............wow

did anyone catch that insane block that jared magaha layed on someone on the 3rd down play?...............wow

825745350[/snapback]

Yep. We heard it all the way up in the pressbox. That was a big time hit.

I promise you that there are a bunch of sore kids from both teams this morning. That was as physical a game as i've seen in a long time.

The McCallie quarterback, BJ Coleman, is one cool customer. He has a chance to be a big time prospect next year.

A big win for Powell.  The Knoxville News-Sentinel didn't take the trouble to report on the game.  There was nothing about it this morning except the score.

825745361[/snapback]

News-Sentinel prep editor Drew Edwards is a good guy and he does as good a job as he can covering games, but he just doesn't have the staff to do get to every game.

That said, it seems that they could have at least made an effort to get something on the game. Looks like they had written off the Panther's chance at winning, just like most on this forum had.

Yea i go to <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a> we play Macallie next week and if they get beat by a team ive never heard of just amigine what we will do to them BA football05    3-0 baby

825745135[/snapback]

thats what im scared of we started the saeson really well agaisnt lfo and the against briaircrest and powell we haventtt played to well but i think potter well straighten things out against ba

119 humbled so fast? for those of you that haven't heard of powell you will sooner or later especially the QB he's quick. looked like mccallie shut down the running back and the throwing game on d but couldn't shut him down. and any thoughts about all of the holding calls the 2nd half? seemed like it was called every other play. just wonder if it was a bit much? but it wasn't as if they were one sided either just seemed like alot of penalties

First off this was great win for the panthers because McCallie had a great football team and nobody down there gave us a chance. McCallie was good, but #1 was just too much to handle for the blue tornadoes. Also, near the end of the game the penalties were a little lop sided mostly going against Powell. On the squib kick that Powell recovered at the end of the game the referee made the panthers rekick because of an early whistle. There was also a couple holding calls and a pass interference call that went against Powell that I didnt agree with. The point is the refs kept giving McCallie chances at the end and the panthers still held on. McCallie had a great football team though and you guys played with alot of class. I was out on the field and the trash talk was kept to a minimum. Im sure you guys will have a great season. But great win to my Powell Panthers lets go out there next week and give Maryville all we've got.

119 humbled so fast? for those of you that haven't heard of powell you will sooner or later especially the QB he's quick. looked like mccallie shut down the running back and the throwing game on d but couldn't shut him down. and any thoughts about all of the holding calls the 2nd half? seemed like it was called every other play. just wonder if it was a bit much? but it wasn't as if they were one sided either just seemed like alot of penalties

825745468[/snapback]

honestly after the lfo game and the way mccallie played, i thought ba and alcoa would be their toughest game, but the past two weeks i've seen a different mccallie team that may not have a winning record because they have some tough away games at mba and ba and ofcourse the neutral game at finley against baylor

Edited by 119wrestler