Best "PROGRAMS" in Wilson Co.

Volzchamps

As far as football goes you would have to say that defending Region 4 Champ and undefeated FRIENDSHIP CHRISTIAN (3-0) has bragging rights in the county thus far. They still face perennial power TCHS (3-0) land Gordonsville (1-1) late in the year to determine how the playoff births will shake out but FCS is 14-2 in their past 2 seasons!

However, Wilson Central (3-0) has also earned some much deserved respect after making the playoffs last year and with their road win at Smyrna (1-2) this past week. They still have Oakland and RIVERDALE (3-0) who will remain the class of Tennessee's 5A Football teams until someone can dethrone them.

#3). Mt. Juliet (1-1) beat Springfield this past week but will do well to finish above .500 for the season. This town has the talent but seems to have lost their home town pride when it comes to football. Maybe they can ask Coach Fryer what it takes to build a program.

#4). Lebanon (0-2) lost to Lavergne after leading at the half and now face a tough Cookeville squad who ended their season last year. the blue Devils will be lucky to finish with more than 4 wins and will NOT make the playoffs after losing 18 Seniors from last years 2nd round playoff team. My how the mighty have fallen!

#5). Watertown (0-2) has fallen on hard times after losing their home opener 52-7 to TCHS. They will finish under .500 and NOT make the playoffs. Their last Championship team was in 1985 and it could be another 20 years before they see another one.

#6). Mt. Juliet Christian will not make the playoffs and still remain the least best program in Wilson County.

This is how I rank em. What are your thoughts?

Edited by Volzchamps

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lebanon is tne best team in Wilson County....their record might not show it right now but everyone knows the truth..........people say WC is better BUT if you didnt know they have never beaten the Blue Devils and i dont see it happening this year.........the rest of the teams in Wilson County dont even worry bout Lebanon because they know they have no chance.............OH YEAH they are about 3 plays from being 2-0.............GOOD LUCK BLUE DEVILS............YOUR TIME IS COMIN

I don't believe there has ever been a Wilson County football team to advance to the State Finals in the 35 years there have been playoffs in Tennessee.

Also, I think there has only been one team during that time to make it as far as the Semi-Finals.

Not exactly an illustrious record.

Lebanon is tne best team in Wilson County....their record might not show it right now but everyone knows the truth..........people say WC is better BUT if you didnt know they have never beaten the Blue Devils and i dont see it happening this year.........the rest of the teams in Wilson County dont even worry bout Lebanon because they know they have no chance.............OH YEAH they are about 3 plays from being 2-0.............GOOD LUCK BLUE DEVILS............YOUR TIME IS COMIN

825741747[/snapback]

The post asked for best "PROGRAMS" not your opinion on best teams!

Lebanon, MJ, WC are all 5A programs and FC, Watertown, MJCA are all 1A teams. I think anyone with a 6th grade education would realize that 1A schools should not beat a 5A team in football with any regularity. However, we are comparing programs on this post. That would mean which schools team is most successful in their respective classification.

Glad to hear WC has never beaten LHS but that will change this year with WC winning easily and by a large margin. MJ may even beat the blue-devils this year.

The post asked for best "PROGRAMS" not your opinion on best teams!

Lebanon, MJ, WC are all 5A programs and FC, Watertown, MJCA are all 1A teams. I think anyone with a 6th grade education would realize that 1A schools should not beat a 5A team in football with any regularity.  However, we are comparing programs on this post.  That would mean which schools team is most successful in their respective classification.

Glad to hear WC has never beaten LHS but that will change this year with WC winning easily and by a large margin.  MJ may even beat the blue-devils this year.

825741815[/snapback]

Volzchamps,

You told me you went 2-2 against LHS. Was that against Cue Martin's squad?? I think he had a perfect record against you guys. I'm not sure though. If it wasn't Martin what Notorious was it against???

Also did you happen to know or play with the Summars kid that I think ended up at CU but I'm not sure???

825742109[/snapback]

NO, NO, and NO!

What is the deal with wanting to know my identity! Tell everyone your identity and let us bash you personally!

This post is about Wilson County's best football program.

NO, NO, and NO!

What is the deal with wanting to know my identity!  Tell everyone your identity and let us bash you personally!

This post is about Wilson County's best football program.

825742119[/snapback]

I am from LHS and I didn't play anything there. I did follow football and baseball in the county though. I don't really care to know your name I just wanted to know what team at LHS you beat. I don't know many of the FCS kids except for the summars kid that went to CU in the early 90's I believe. I just wondered if you played with him. The reason I won't state my name is I have a kid at WJB. I'm not like RU and bash people on here. Sorry to upset you though. I actually agree with some of what you posted.

I am from LHS and I didn't play anything there.  I did follow football and baseball in the county though.  I don't really care to know your name I just wanted to know what team at LHS you beat.  I don't know many of the FCS kids except for the summars kid that went to CU in the early 90's I believe.  I just wondered if you played with him.  The reason I won't state my name is I have a kid at WJB.  I'm not like RU and bash people on here.  Sorry to upset you though.  I actually agree with some of what you posted.

825742122[/snapback]

No problem!

So why do you hate LHS so much?

825742136[/snapback]

Who say's I hate em? I root for them each time I see them playing anyone else outside our county. However, I get sick and tired of hearing local folks saying they are all that and bashing the other programs in Wilson County. Kids at other schools work just as hard as the Lebanon High kids and seem to get little or no respect from our local papers and Lebanon people in general.

Wilson Central's basketball teams, Friendships football, softball, and baseball teams and MJ girls basketball teams have all established themselves among the elite in their collective sports classes. However, none of these programs are given their respective dues by the local press. LHS is 0-3 but open your paper Friday or Saturday and they will almost always be the lead story! WHY?

Wilson Central and FCS are each 3-0 yet they seem to get stuck as also rans. When MJ Girls won their State Chp last season they were also treated as also rans by both papers in Lebanon as well.

It is time people in Lebanon realized that rather than running down the other schools in the county they might want to look inward for their problems and realize that their biggest foe just might be themselves!

:lol:

Volzchamps,

You told me you went 2-2 against LHS.  Was that against Cue Martin's squad??  I think he had a perfect record against you guys.  I'm not sure though.  If it wasn't Martin what Notorious was it against???

825742106[/snapback]

Cue's teams absolutely did not have a perfect record against FCS. I know that in one of Cue's teams split a doubleheader at FCS in the 90s. There were a few other splits too ... not doubleheaders, but head to head solos.

Edited by tnsddeveloper