Best "PROGRAMS" in Wilson Co.

Volzchamps

Back to the original thread topic of "programs," I would have to say FCS has an excellent one going at the 1A level. It appears (to an outsider who does get to see them each year) they have reached a level they may not drop off of.

I expect them to be one of the best teams in the state each year from this point on, and to produce a handful of college players (at some level) each year.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to the original thread topic of "programs," I would have to say FCS has an excellent one going at the 1A level. It appears (to an outsider who does get to see them each year) they have reached a level they may not drop off of.

I expect them to be one of the best teams in the state each year from this point on, and to produce a handful of college players (at some level) each year.

825743236[/snapback]

Great job getting back on target!

I agree. In addition, I foresee Wilson Centrals athletics doing the same. Pretty much all of their sports. They seem to be strong and getting stronger in every sport, boys and girls. I see their football program being a 2nd place finisher every year in their region ... definitely no shame in that when you go head to head with Riverdale every year.

I see MJ continuing to dominate and excel in Baseball and especially Girls Basketball ... not much of anything else though.

Poor Watertown just doesn't have the numbers. They try hard and have spirit - they just don't have the numbers.

MJCA could actually build a decent program if they just built a real campus for the school. It's hard for parent's to send their kids to a school where the classrooms are Sunday school classrooms on the weekends.

And LHS. If they would just recognize that they have issues and that they should get some good leadership at the school administration level, they could have good programs. Maybe even a sleeping giant type of mentality ... but until they realize not everything is "hunky dory" there, then they will continue to stink.

lebanon is the best team in wilson county by far.... wc hasnt beat them yet so we own them as of right now we beaten mj since ive been in lebanon and fc wouldnt stand a chance against any of those teams they play the worst team ive ever seen there not that good.

825743180[/snapback]

WOW, Wonder what his test scores were???

Please don't let anyone know where you graduated from!

825743236[/snapback]

Thanks for the response!

I enjoy hearing what those outside the county's opinions are.

FCS has the best program stability, but Dub-C has the best team, by far, right now. They should just because of the numbers they have. They also made the right move by retaining that coaching staff. Whatever they ponied up to Alexander and his staff isn't enough. They are some football coaching fools and could make a run to the state quarterfinals.

FCS has the best program stability, but Dub-C has the best team, by far, right now. They should just because of the numbers they have. They also made the right move by retaining that coaching staff. Whatever they ponied up to Alexander and his staff isn't enough. They are some football coaching fools and could make a run to the state quarterfinals.

825743269[/snapback]

Much agreed! :thumb:

FCS I think will remain on top in their district in baseball for years to come as long as they remain in single A. However I do believe that they would be good in AA as well. They always have talent. I think they have a shot at the title this Spring maybe even Spring '07. As for Football they'll always be good but won't be top in their region.

Mt. Juliet- Girls b-ball speaks for itself but we'll see if they can keep up that type of play year in and year out. Baseball Purv will have them on top in their district this Spring. He's does a great job. Football......well who knows???

WC- This school is doing better and better every year. Football is looking very good. We'll see if they can keep it up. Baseball Ford does well with those boys too but don't think he'll have the luck this year to get past MJ. Basketball Bond is doing well with that too. Their future in sports looks promising but we'll see.

LHS- Well they've seen better times. Their girls softball is great and girls soccer is doing well too. Football trying hard but having a rough time. Hopefully they'll get things going but doesn't look too good. Coach Brown is a good coach though. Baseball well they've had coach after coach after coach. That's tough on any program. Hopefully they'll give Coach Slone a chance and some time to rebuild and regroup. He'll get things looking better if they let him. He has a good freshman group to build on. Sadly time will tell.

Watertown well they play hard and have a lot of heart but don't see a lot of change.

MJC well what can I say.

FCS I think will remain on top in their district in baseball for years to come as long as they remain in single A.  However I do believe that they would be good in AA as well.  They always have talent.  I think they have a shot at the title this Spring maybe even Spring '07.  As for Football they'll always be good but won't be top in their region.

Mt. Juliet- Girls b-ball speaks for itself but we'll see if they can keep up that type of play year in and year out.  Baseball Purv will have them on top in their district this Spring.  He's does a great job.  Football......well who knows???

WC- This school is doing better and better every year.  Football is looking very good.  We'll see if they can keep it up.  Baseball Ford does well with those boys too but don't think he'll have the luck this year to get past MJ.  Basketball Bond is doing well with that too.  Their future in sports looks promising but we'll see.

LHS- Well they've seen better times.  Their girls softball is great and girls soccer is doing well too.  Football trying hard but having a rough time.  Hopefully they'll get things going but doesn't look too good.  Coach Brown is a good coach though.  Baseball well they've had coach after coach after coach.  That's tough on any program.  Hopefully they'll give Coach Slone a chance and some time to rebuild and regroup.  He'll get things looking better if they let him.  He has a good freshman group to build on.  Sadly time will tell. 

Watertown well they play hard and have a lot of heart but don't see a lot of change.

MJC well what can I say.

825743296[/snapback]

Good post ... sounds like mine! :)

Now, you've never posted before and suddenly have something to add. Make sure you log out and log back in as RUBlind!! to keep up the charade next time. <_<

i dont think this should even be a question

Wilson Central is one of the best teams in the state, and definately the best in Wilson County.

EDIT: If we're talking about FOOTBALL that is, i figured thats all we were mainly discussing since we're in the football forum

Edited by WilsonCentral22

i dont think this should even be a question

Wilson Central is one of the best teams in the state, and definately the best in Wilson County.

EDIT: If we're talking about FOOTBALL that is, i figured thats all we were mainly discussing since we're in the football forum

825743394[/snapback]

For the 10th time this post asked for BEST PROGRAM's: Not largest team!

WC is by far the best 5A program in this county and FCS is by far the best 1A program in the county. However, I would like to see WC win a playoff game or for that matter even host a playoff game, before bestowing the best PROGRAM title upon them.

Friendship won their Region last year, graduated the State's #1 QB prospect who is now playing at U of Louisville and like WC are 3-0 thus far.