McMinn County / McMinn Central

gridiron13

I think that McMinn Central has improved with the play of there wide receiver Nick Davis from what i read in the paper he has played very well so far this year. As for the Tribe they are really struggling right now and I think that the Cleveland McMinn game on Friday night will be close but the Cherokees fall to (0-3) losing to Cleveland 21-17. Good luck Tribe!!!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Tribefan, anybody that knows anything at all about McMinn football would have seen last year's 3-7 season coming from a mile away. After losing 20+ seniors from the previous 9-3 season and only having eleven seniors back. Way too many young people had to play, and were their best players, with too few upperclassman leadership. They were a few plays away from going 6-4 or 7-3 last year. They just didn't have the leadership to overcome tough losses.

This year only has four seniors that actually contribute regularly on Friday nights. Can any other teams in Region 2 5A say the same? I think not. The future is bright at McMinn (good jr, soph, fresh groups) if all of the so called "fans" would shut up. Do you actually think your comments were helpful to anybody?

McMinn took one on the chin against Chatt Central, but anyone that saw that game would be hard pressed to blame the coaches. Too many missed tackles, most from overpursuit (players trying too hard to make something happen) and fumbles. The Owls may have dominated the scoreboard but in no way dominated the game. McMinn controled the clock with their run game and shut down the Owls vaunted ground attack. The Owls were able to throw the ball well b/c McMinn was not able to put pressure on the QB and McMinn was starting 3 soph. in the secondary. I was actually encouraged b/c they were in the right spot most of the night but were a little slow breaking on the ball, something to be expected with inexperience. The TE drag was open, yes, but that is a correctible error. McMinn does need a win this Friday. They are a better team than Cleveland and you always need to beat teams you're supposed to.

As for your post if you are truly a Tribe fan stop posting your negative comments. This year's team has such a better attitude than in year's past and are still optimistic about the season. They know they should have beaten Central and saw enough positives from the Ooltewah game that their heads are still up. But they are just high school players and your "Go Tribe" at the end of your post doesn't assuage all your negative comments.

Are you a coach at McMinn?

Hey Tribefan, anybody that knows anything at all about McMinn football would have seen last year's 3-7 season coming from a mile away.  After losing 20+ seniors from the previous 9-3 season and only having eleven seniors back.  Way too many young people had to play, and were their best players, with too few upperclassman leadership.  They were a few plays away from going 6-4 or 7-3 last year.  They just didn't have the leadership to overcome tough losses.

This year only has four seniors that actually contribute regularly on Friday nights.  Can any other teams in Region 2 5A say the same?  I think not.  The future is bright at McMinn (good jr, soph, fresh groups) if all of the so called "fans" would shut up.  Do you actually think your comments were helpful to anybody?

McMinn took one on the chin against Chatt Central, but anyone that saw that game would be hard pressed to blame the coaches.  Too many missed tackles, most from overpursuit (players trying too hard to make something happen) and fumbles.  The Owls may have dominated the scoreboard but in no way dominated the game.  McMinn controled the clock with their run game and shut down the Owls vaunted ground attack.  The Owls were able to throw the ball well b/c McMinn was not able to put pressure on the QB and McMinn was starting 3 soph. in the secondary.  I was actually encouraged b/c they were in the right spot most of the night but were a little slow breaking on the ball, something to be expected with inexperience.  The TE drag was open, yes, but that is a correctible error.  McMinn does need a win this Friday.  They are a better team than Cleveland and you always need to beat teams you're supposed to.

As for your post if you are truly a Tribe fan stop posting your negative comments.  This year's team has such a better attitude than in year's past and are still optimistic about the season.  They know they should have beaten Central and saw enough positives from the Ooltewah game that their heads are still up.  But they are just high school players and your "Go Tribe" at the end of your post doesn't assuage all your negative comments.

825743822[/snapback]

Thats ok, Central and McMinn doesn't play anymore for whatever reason, however I did think it was a good idea to play each other in the Spring game. I for one would like to see the rivalry come back, however I am not sure as to the specifics concerning the matter. I am interested in following both teams because I have friends working at both places who I think are great guys. I wish both the best and I would hope everything stays positive in both etowah/englewood and athens.

gridiron13 my bad i misunderstood i thought county and central played every year...  But i dont take back what i said...

825743887[/snapback]

Alright here's the deal with mcminn.....TONS of athletes, just no line. If you look back 4 or 5 years ago at the school, we were loaded with some very big kids, but if you look now, there are not many real big kids around the school, that's the problem. And this year we have kids playin positions they shouldn't be playing. Trace McDermott is at fullback and has not done much thus far. He needs to be back at wingback so he can use his speed as a weapon, they should put Keith Melton or Nigel at fullback. And we HAVE to get a passing game goin. I'm not saying we can't have one, but we haven't had much of one so far, i mean ooltewah had 9 guys on the line and we couldn't do a thing about it.

And 27allgo, looking at your last post talking about how we did alright against ooltewah, i agree with you a little bit but when you talk about how we "controlled" the clock, well what good does that do us if we only score 7 points(in the 4th quarter at that) and if we let Ooltewah score everytime they get it?

Go Tribe and beat Cleveland!

Edited by Burnt

Gridiron13 in reference to the issue about Central I don't know how good they are, but I do think they are better then in the last few years. Now about the Tribe, there are some serious issues about the future of the program floating around Athens. The Chatt. Central game was an absolute mess from the get go with penalities and fumbles againist an average @ best central team. For Ooltewah well lets just say the best team played like the best team and dominated McMinn. The owls ran the same play ( boot leg ) 4 times and hit the TE wide open all 4 times with one being for a TD. I will have to say that McMinn had a good drive in the 3rd quarter keeping the ball for 9 minutes but by that time the game was over. In my humble opinion if they lose Friday againist Cleveland then this team is looking straight down the barrell of a 2-8 or 1-9 season, which is not acceptable to anybodys standard. I will continue to support but it is becoming more and more difficult when you have such dissapointing performances. GO TRIBE!

825741952[/snapback]

hey, tribe fan, when the going gets tough the chicken---- gets gone!