Louisville Invt. Tournament

KYdigsTN

This one is bigtime! Check out this list of pools. Seeding is left to right.

1. Assumption(#1 nation and #1 KY), Conner(#13 KY), Boone Co(#24 KY)

2. St Josephs Saint Louis(#1 MO & #10 nation), Newport Central Cath(#15 KY), Beechwood(#10 KY)

3. Sacred Heart(#3 KY), South Oldham(#12 KY), Harding Academy TN

4. Mercy(#28 nation #2 KY), Campbell Co, Henry Clay(#20 KY)

5. St Henry(#36 Nation and #5 KY), Male( #16 KY), Tates Creek(#22 KY)

6. Presentation(#97 nation #6 KY)), Ryle(#8 KY), Holy Cross Covington

7. Notre Dame(#4 KY), Butler(#9 KY), Bishop Brossart

8. Holy Cross Louisville(#7 KY), Huntsville AL, PRP

This tournament has 5 nationally ranked teams plus Sarcred Heart and Notre Dame that probably should be. It also has the entire top 10 and 18 of the top 25 in KY. I really dont know much about Harding Academy TN or Huntsville AL, but my guess is they are great teams too. I dont think I've ever seen a tournament this strong! Lafayette(#18 KY) couldn't do this one because it's the same weekend as our Invitational, but obviously wouldn't have had much chance to win it either.

Wow..that is a very impressive list of teams.  Tell me how good Presentation will be.  I will see them in a few weeks.

825743042[/snapback]

Presentation will be VERY good. Assumption is at a level that nobody can touch and then you have Mercy, Sacred Heart, Presentation, St Henry, and Notre Dame beating up on each other, but nobody else in the state able to beat them. Doubtful anybody in TN can either other than Brentwood, but I dont think that will happen. Of course I could be wrong. :thumb:

Assumption won the KIVT...beating Sacred Heart in 37 Minutes.  WOW!  Talk about smoking! 

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.d.../509110534/1031

825750710[/snapback]

Wow indeed! And I can't help but ask: What is a multi-colored ball doing in a high school match? They're not legal!! I'm sure, though, the ball looks more like a blur more often than not.

What is a multi-colored ball doing in a high school match? They're not legal!! I'm sure, though, the ball looks more like a blur more often than not.

825750789[/snapback]

There are some interesting rule differences in KY apparently. My daughter said that all her varsity matches are best of 3 to 25 all games (no short 3rd game) and all JV matches are best of 3 to 21.

She said that getting used to this has been challenging.

Edited by play4keeps

There are some interesting rule differences in KY apparently. My daughter said that all her varsity matches are best of 3 to 25 all games (no short 3rd game) and all JV matches are best of 3 to 21.

She said that getting used to this has been challenging.

825751051[/snapback]

Freshmen at JV matches are to 21. Vartsity to 25 even in game three for regular season games. Game three's can vary in tournaments to either 15 or 25 depending on how the tournament is set up. I know Lafayette plays all our varsity district games best 3 of 5. This is optional but has been agreed to by all the coaches.