Southside at Jackson Christian

WC49

JCS WHIPPED SS'S TAIL. INSPITE OF JERRY HAYES' 1970'S FOOTBALL PLAYBOOK - TALENT MAY BE ENOUGH TO GET BY CHESTER COUNTY & THE NORTHSIDE'S, BUT HE WAS JUST FLAT OUTCOACHED AGAINST JCS. After JCS scored to take a 7-6 lead w/6 minutes in the 1st half, SS took over around the 28. They ran over JCS the 1st possession. They are receiving to open the 2nd half. They could use up the clock, grind out a drive, & possibly score to tie at the end of the half & receive in the 2nd half. Of all things, Hayes comes out passing on 1st down. SS's quarterback didn't have time to even throw screen passes, the line was terrible. He was sacked for a 7 yard loss, then it's typical Hayes football. He's put in a passing situation & calls 2 runs for no yards before punting w/4 minutes left. When they were behind to JCS 21-9 in the last 8 minutes of the game, Hayes is running up the gut & JCS is throwing. JCS works on being a complete team, while Hayes is stuck with his very conservative playbook. Alex Hayes did run very well, but he's still fumbling at the wrong time. He runs hard but I believe he's fumbled 4-5 times in 3 games. Their passing game could probably be decent if they would open it up & the receivers catch balls that hit their hands. Several drops tonight. JCS' quarterback had 3-4 options on plays designed to get open, whereas SS's passing plays are not designed to get open. It's screens & fades. The quarteback is tall, & with decent blocking, could utilize the whole field if they give him time. On a crucial 3rd & 5, Hayes follows a run with the same screen pass he attemted on 1st down that wouldn't have gained a yard had it been caught. The JCS quarterback showed alot of poise all night & Nick Melton was awesome as usual running the ball. At one point combining consecutive drives, JCS had to have gotten 9 or 10 1st downs in a span of 10 plays. The SS Defense was getting blown away up the gut which surprised me & JCS moved the ball at will. JCS won this game on the sidelines. Both teams have talent. JCS looked great. Southside should watch film on how to keep a team off balance with a balanced offense. Coach Hayes is overated & it shows in games like tonight.

Edited by kingfish

Congrats to the Eagles... Its about time to turn to the next page in the playbook Hayes and Sterling. I hope they will get a wide open coach when Hayes steps down. I don't take anything away from Hayes he has done good but his play calling has always been a issue. I have a word for the JCS program act like a Christian program.

Congrats to the Eagles... Its about time to turn to the next page in the playbook Hayes and Sterling.  I hope they will get a wide open coach when Hayes steps down.  I don't take anything away from Hayes he has done good but his play calling has always been a issue.  I have a word for the JCS program act like a Christian program.

825745445[/snapback]

What's that all about? What did you see?

GO EAGLES!

Edited by jj420

What's that all about? What did you see?

GO EAGLES!

825746597[/snapback]

I wasn`t at the game so I have no idea what he/she was talking about, but I was at the game when JCS beat USJ for the first time and can say that their fans got pretty ugly then. I was at another game at the new USJ field in which USJ scored late on a pass play in which they already had in the bag and the JCS fans were yelling at me and I was just there to volunteer to holds chains.

I hope all fans for every team conduct themselves well, but I guess some people tend to hold fans who send their kids to a christian school to a little higher standard. I guess that`s a reasonable thought.

I picked SS to win this one. I knew JCS had a very strong team, but I really thought SS had enough to outplay them. Good Luck to both teams.

I really think the 1A & 3A is so overated. I don't care if Southside had (for example) 700 students & JCS had 350. Southside, being a public school, has kids that have to go there. JCS is in a situation with their school & athletic programs where they have parents sending good athletes there for education reasons and also athletic programs. I compare it to a travel baseball team versus a local league baseball team. JCS has some very good athletic programs & draw some very good athletes. They should be better when you think about it. Now, speaking about how the program acts. From my understanding there are a couple of VERY key players who may not finish the year out at JCS due to vandalism at the USJ campus after the big JCS win. Maybe the video will clear it up, but I hope these 2 players were not the ones involved because they are studs & it would be ashame to blow a season on something stupid. JMO.

I really think the 1A & 3A is so overated. I don't care if Southside had (for example) 700 students & JCS had 350. Southside, being a public school, has kids that have to go there. JCS is in a situation with their school & athletic programs where they have parents sending good athletes there for education reasons and also athletic programs. I compare it to a travel baseball team versus a local league baseball team. JCS has some very good athletic programs & draw some very good athletes. They should be better when you think about it. Now, speaking about how the program acts. From my understanding there are a couple of VERY key players who may not finish the year out at JCS due to vandalism at the USJ campus after the big JCS win. Maybe the video will clear it up, but I hope these 2 players were not the ones involved because they are studs & it would be ashame to blow a season on something stupid. JMO.

825747200[/snapback]