Kingston @ Anderson

bleachercoach

Kingston 21 AC 17---is gonna be my pick. AC will not give it up easy if Kingston comes to play they will win. It being @ AC and their homecoming makes it much harder than I was guessing; but like I said earlier in the forum MITCH BROWN :thumb: and coach Collier will have the defensive side of the game on a lock down....as for coach King's offense we will just have to see as we go. From what I can tell from the way yall talk AC is a strong running football team. No matter which way you twist it these teams hate each other and it will be the cause  for some great football. Be ready to GET EM' JACKETS!!!

825751676[/snapback]

I am going to go with good old micheal brown on this one. I know from experiece that coach collier will have the kingston defense ready to play. And even though AC is a pretty good running team, mitch brown, justin hill, jon martin, and the rest of that defense are pretty tough to run on. If they come ready then kingston should come away with a win. Especially if chad has another night like last week.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bad line blocking + bad play calling + no "true" kicker + #25 (carden) = another region loss for Kingston.

Where has the old style Kingston offensive playbook gone? I like the new style, but I wouldn't completely have gone away from the old style. A little mix would keep the defense on their toes. Kingston comes out in the 2nd half trying to run a version of the wingT. That didn't work. AC didn't try to trick Kingston. They beat Kingston like Kingston has beaten them in the past. Smash mouth football. Run it down your throat football. The west coast style offense has worked well, in one game.

Not rocket science, Vic! Go back to the basics before you coach them out of the playoffs. Sadly though, you may have already done that.

Is there anything you can say good about Kingston? I didn't get the chance to see the game but I assume it was a well played defensive game(considering the low scores), as I stated earlier in the forum I knew the defense would be ready and I knew the offense would be up in the air. Why would King stick with the offense if it wasn't working? Why did he go with the wing t did he see a weakness in AC? I wish I could have seen it so I would have a better opinion, but I hope someone can tell me. I am sure Kingston played their hearts out and my hat is off to them as well as AC, but if you can not execute and offense and you don't have a kicker who can not even hit an extra point field goal you are bound to lose. :thumb: If someone could post some stats I would be thankful. Tank and Goose I am still waiting on your take so when you get some time please post. Who else does Kingston have left to play in the region? I hope these weren't the two easiest teams to play in the region but I am afraid they were. I hope Kingston finds their offense I know their heads are right and they want it, they just got them little bugs to work out I just hope they do it soon.

[

Where has the old style Kingston offensive playbook gone? I like the new style, but I wouldn't completely have gone away from the old style. A little mix would keep the defense on their toes. They beat Kingston like Kingston has beaten them in the past. Smash mouth football. Run it down your throat football. Go back to the basics before you coach them out of the playoffs. Sadly though, you may have already done that.

825753945[/snapback]

Sadly I will have to agree. I am sure they can still get in the playoffs though, but not unless they get the offense right. I have faith in the team though they are a good group they just need to be steered in the right direction. Good luck to them I know they will come through.

Fans as much as i Hate to say this but Kingston was truly beaten tonight...BY thier COACHING. Why didn't he go for 2. Johnson was running over and around the mavs when he had a chance. He's been the playmaker on the team for about 3 yrs. now. If would've have put the ball in his hands then we would've either been celebrating right now or bowing out with some dignity. As much as I like the new offense, it HAS to GO before these kids lose hope. If the coach goes smashmouth with the team he has. Utilizes Johnson,Ziegler,and even King then we would be 4-0. If not and the offense stays like it is. This VERY TALENTED group of kids will be disappointed not by their effort but by their coach. oh yea, we need to really do something with the line because if we couldn't handles AC pass rush, then what will hapeen against the Athletes AE,Catholic, and Fulton have...we got alot to think about folks.

Fans as much as i Hate to say this but Kingston was truly beaten tonight...BY thier COACHING. Why didn't he go for 2. Johnson was running over and around the mavs when he had a chance. He's been the playmaker on the team for about 3 yrs. now. If would've have put the ball in his hands then we would've either been celebrating right now or bowing out with some dignity. As much as I like the new offense, it HAS to GO before these kids lose hope. If the coach goes smashmouth with the team he has. Utilizes Johnson,Ziegler,and even King then we would be 4-0. If not and the offense stays like it is. This VERY TALENTED group of kids will be disappointed not by their effort but by their coach. oh yea, we need to really do something with the line because if we couldn't handles AC pass rush, then what will hapeen against the Athletes AE,Catholic, and Fulton have...we got alot to think about folks.

825755387[/snapback]

Well tmoney you were wrong about LA getting stomped. They with stood the best shots that a real good Catholic had. Down 24-7 srarting the 4th LA stayed the course with the game plan and came within hair of pulling off the upset. Catholic is one fine ball team. #22 Smith is a horse on both sides of the ball. I'm glad we don't have them left to play but hopefully we will see them again. You know what our Qb done. The same thing he done to Kingston and everybody else we have played. He simply is the best playmaker I've seen in a long while. BTW ease up on your team a little. The coaches don't deserve that kind of abuse. Especially from a former player. You said you played at Georgia Tech. Just wondered if you majored in Education. If you did you ought to apply for the coaching job since you know so much about the team and everything. Or be a volunteer I think you will find that a coach is a very under paid for the time he invest. Also a coach is not appreciated for the effort he puts into his program. So ease up just a little and get positive not negative. Good luck to Kingston

Kingston ran their whole playbook, from the Urban Meyer stuff to the attempted hook and lateral. AC's defense just did an outstanding job of limiting what Kingston could do. Given's was largely ineffective. Johnson got his on the trap play. Just another good old smash mouth football game (what's new) between two hard nosed teams. Lay off Vic.