CBHS vs. MBA

spartans3

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what to expect from MBA.  I know they have played 3 games against teams that i have no idea about and that they were beaten pretty handily by MUS.  Right now i am thinking that the Brothers will win in a close one.  Am i wrong?

825748070[/snapback]

theres no question that MBA is an underdog in this game. But you can always count on a prepared MBA team coming to play, so if MBA makes some plays against a very average CBHS offense, then they can win.. however i dont think that MBA will make those plays

CBHS by 10

Should be a good one. Remember in past years, particularly Coach Rutledge's first year, MBA came out slowly and jelled as the team matured. Although probably less talented this year, I believe they will start hiting their stride soon; CBHS better not be too cocky or it may start this weekend.

825750552[/snapback]

CBHS STARTED AT 4-0 last year and then...

Have the Wave every beat MBA?

Do the MBA fans think they are done for the year or just waiting for the Big Red to win a big game? 

825750501[/snapback]

The 2-2 start may be a little disconcerting on the surface, but digging deeper, I think MBA is hanging in there fine.

The Byrnes loss was large (48 point differential), but one consolation, if any, is that Byrnes has won its other three games by an average of 59 points.

The Trinity win was actually big, seeing that Trinity has averaged 51 points a game in its two games (both wins) since losing to MBA (MBA held them to 13).

MUS has performed well versus MBA over time (the only team in the league with a winning record versus MBA) and the loss MBA took in that one may be to the second best team in the state, behind Riverdale. Still, I think it lit a fire under the Big Red last week versus CPA as they played with much more emotion and held CPA scoreless (yes, CPA is not on the level of the other three, but a road shutout versus a team that was playing a school they wanted to beat perhaps more than any other team is a good confidence-builder).

The tough schedule goes on with CBHS this week.

booya, the game is on 104.5 in Nashville.