ComPassion

-Baylor beats CCS in 2

-Baylor beats Notre Dame in 4

-GPS beats Notre Dame in 3 (3/5)

-Red Bank beats Oowa in 5

-Red Bank beats Boyd, but not easily.

-Oowa beats Boyd in 3 (2/3)

825749589[/snapback]

CP, why is there inconsistency in the match formats on the same day? A varsity should be either playing a trimatch (2/3) or a quad (2 3/5s), but not a 3/5 and then a 2/3, regardless of trimatch/quad. What's the deal?

It's none of my business, but here is what I heard was going on.

-the Baylor/CCS match was supposed to be 3/5 but the ref showed late. Running 2 crts with 4 tms, so shortened it to keep the gym on sched.

-The RB/Oowa may have been a seeding match, so it was 3/5 and played first. The other two were interdenominational :D matches, so who cares how many games they take.

Actually, I'm glad this came up. My husband and I were just "discussing" whether or not there is a "rule" about how many games can be played in one night.

We were kind of under the impression that if you were playing a tri-match it could only be matches of 2 games out of 3. I guess we were wrong because we have seen several teams play two matches of 3 out of 5 in one night.

Can anyone clarify for us? Is there any kind of "rule"?

Thanks

Actually, I'm glad this came up. My husband and I were just "discussing" whether or not there is a "rule" about how many games can be played in one night.

We were kind of under the impression that if you were playing a tri-match it could only be matches of 2 games out of 3. I guess we were wrong because we have seen several teams play two matches of 3 out of 5 in one night.

Can anyone clarify for us? Is there any kind of "rule"?

Thanks

825749661[/snapback]

Glad to clarify for you. 3/5 matches are limited to two per day, save for post-season play. 2/3s are not limited by the day. Trimatches MUST be 2/3 matches. Varsity 2/3s are 25-25-25 scoring, JV 2/3s (all JVs should be 2/3) are 25-25-15.

Quads are commonly played as two courts of two 3/5 matches each.

Trimatch and 3/5 info comes from the 2005-2006 TSSAA Handbook, Girls Volleyball Regulations, Section 1 parts B and D. Feel free to have a look here.

Edited by TheGreatLineJudge