Thurs. 9-29 - Page 3, Van Buren Co. 1

Spring Hill 3, Eagleville 1

Comm. at MTCS - no score - Assume Community won

Edited by PageMan

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have updated post #1 to reflect the results, or assumed results, from 9-19-05.  If anyone knows the results of MTCS at Community, please post.

825756955[/snapback]

I have a sneaking suspicion that Community won. Shelbyville actually provides pretty decent coverage of volleyball down there. It looks like they run a few days behind getting it put online, but complete with an occasional photo, here's the link.

Thanks, Judge, or should I say Certified Judge, for the info.  I'll add that to my list of papers to check for scores.  I saw in that link a match involving Zion Christian Academy - what's going on with them?  I think they beat Loretto this season - are they for real or not?

825757232[/snapback]

Quite frankly, I'm not sure. We don't get a whole lot of data on matches out of that district (used to courtesy of PageMan, but Page got moved from that district) and even if we did, I feel we'd have a hard time really comparing notes. Summertown and Loretto usually make good benchmarks for that area, as they are best known. The only schools I'm aware of that compete much outside the district are Culleoka and Summertown- and that's at tournaments. It's been an interesting year with district realignments, and as always happens this time of year, the plot will continue to thicken.

Edited by TheGreatLineJudge

I have updated post #1 to reflect results from 9-20-05. I have corrected the MTSC record to reflect losses to Van Buren Co. I think I have it pretty close to correct, but if you see an error, please post.

I'll do some research on the district 12 A-AA to see if I can determine some records, but I believe that Loretto has only one distict loss to Zion and Summertown has beaten Zion, I think. You are right about info for this district as most do not regularly report their scores.

The Friday game between Page and Van Buren Co. is at Page, not at Van Buren Co. as previously posted. Post #1 corrected.

Thursday will be an interesting day in the district as Eagleville invades Page and Community travels to Spring Hill.

I'll post next week's schedule this weekend as district play should be completed by Thurs. unless some games have been re-scheduled

Edited by PageMan

I have updated post #1 with what I believe to be the final standings. I have made some assumptions on some matches as I did not actually see a final score yet. I'm still checking newspapers for official final scores on those matches. Standings may or may not be entirely correct. The district coaches are meeting today (Mon., Oct 3) to set the district tournament schedule for Oct. 11-13. The district tournament will be at Community from reports I've seen. I'll post the district tournament schedule as soon as I get it.