Huntingdon VS McKenzie

mustangman_123

Huntingdon's 2nd team might as well stay on the bus, they will not play Friday night. Huntingdon has to look good for the Jackson Sun. Substitution is not what Huntingdon does, they will substitute 2 minutes in the 4th quarter.........but not against the Mc Kenzie Rebels.

Ive seen alot of post on here about running the score up, the way I see it thats not our (Huntingdon's) worry. Comer has all week to figure out a way to keep Huntingdon from scoring and if I was him I would not count on a bunch of Mustangs to do it for him. When those second teamers comes in they will be just as hungry as the first team!

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive seen alot of post on here about running the score up, the way I see it thats not our (Huntingdon's) worry. Comer has all week to figure out a way to keep Huntingdon from scoring and if I was him I would not count on a bunch of Mustangs to do it for him. When those second teamers comes in they will be just as hungry as the first team!

You know better than anyone living in Mc Kenzie that Huntingdon will not substitute against the Rebels. If the 2nd team plays it will be in the 4th quarter for 2 minutes.

Exactly when did you graduate from Huntingdon???????

Edited by maverick348

You know better than anyone living in Mc Kenzie that Huntingdon will not substitute against the Rebels. If the 2nd team plays it will be in the 4th quarter for 2 minutes.

Exactly when did you graduate from Huntingdon???????

Who said you have to graduate from Huntingdon to be a Mustang fan? Some people may just like to watch good football. You must not have much faith in the Mckenzie Rebels if your already worried about when the Mustangs will substitute.

Looks like the Stangs will have to get a region banner that says "Region Runner-Ups" this year. And that is only possible if you are not beaten by Gibson County, Milan and Trenton. By the way Radioman 27, what year did you graduate from Huntingdon?

Yall must have alot of those banners hanging around :D And will have to find another place to hang one this year. Yall bound to be running out of room to hang em!

Before this one gets shut down, lets actually talk some football. :D

I do not look for this to be a blowout as some might suggest. Huntingdon is not clicking on all cylinders just yet offensively and that is keeping the scores lower. However, I believe our defense is playing as well as we have in a while especially in the secondary. It will be very interesting to see how Hayes does against our secondary this year.

The only common opponent that we have had is Dresden. Mckenzie was able to put a lot more points on the board than we did against them but we held Dresden to a lot less. One of the most telling stats was the amount of offense that Dresden had in each game. Against Mckenzie, Dresden had over 500 yards of offense and as was pointed out earlier had 6 drives stopped because of turnovers. Against Huntingdon, Dresden had less than 150 yards of offense.

There have been a lot of people talking of a high scoring game. It may come to that but I think it will be more of a defensive struggle but if either team takes off some plays defensively there will be some big plays broken.

Edited by stangfan

Before this one gets shut down, lets actually talk some football. :D

I do not look for this to be a blowout as some might suggest. Huntingdon is not clicking on all cylinders just yet offensively and that is keeping the scores lower. However, I believe our defense is playing as well as we have in a while especially in the secondary. It will be very interesting to see how Hayes does against our secondary this year.

The only common opponent that we have had is Dresden. Mckenzie was able to put a lot more points on the board than we did against them but we held Dresden to a lot less. One of the most telling stats was the amount of offense that Dresden had in each game. Against Mckenzie, Dresden had over 500 yards of offense and as was pointed out earlier had 6 drives stopped because of turnovers. Against Huntingdon, Dresden had less than 150 yards of offense.

There have been a lot of people talking of a high scoring game. It may come to that but I think it will be more of a defensive struggle but if either team takes off some plays defensively there will be some big plays broken.

stangfan,

Thanks for getting back on topic. I was about ready to get off here 'till the weekend at the earliest. Our views of the game are about the same. As I've said, anything could possibly happen Friday nite?? And you make some good points. I'll be looking for a game worth EVERYBODY'S price of admission. If that happens, then all we'll be concerned with for a while is somebody's "shoulda', woulda', coulda's"!!!!!!

Funny how there are a lot of posters on here we never see except for the ten days surrounding this game??

Before season started, I really didn't give the Rebels any hope much for this weeks game. But, when the season got going and watching things develop it seems that this has the possibility of being a good game to me. Who knows. The Rebels will have to play their best game to date to hang with ya'll but, IMHO it's time for both these teams to start gettin' it together!!

This was actually taken before the Milan semi-final game last year. Notice anything odd about it? :D

Come on Mustang69, get over it. he isn't what this game is about.To tell u the truth, to people who look more at the attitudes, the game score doesn't even matter. If you are cocky before the game even starts and already starting something that was put off a long time ago what are you supporting. Both of these teams should be proud of the hard work they have been putting in thus far, with whatever players they have. The game is not about him. Not all games are about bringing people down, instead of posting that, support your whole team and leave your opponents indivual players out of the equation. I would sure hope that you aren't some one that puts people down based on their best interests? I would hope that you are a person dedicated to the real sport of football and the sportmanship that all the players should exhibit on and off the field before and after the game. I hope that both the teams do well in this game and that broken ties are mended and people will finally get over this ridiculous mess. After all, it's not like it was an NFL tradeoff. Good luck to both teams!!!

The View

Come on Mustang69, get over it. he isn't what this game is about.To tell u the truth, to people who look more at the attitudes, the game score doesn't even matter. If you are cocky before the game even starts and already starting something that was put off a long time ago what are you supporting. Both of these teams should be proud of the hard work they have been putting in thus far, with whatever players they have. The game is not about him. Not all games are about bringing people down, instead of posting that, support your whole team and leave your opponents indivual players out of the equation. I would sure hope that you aren't some one that puts people down based on their best interests? I would hope that you are a person dedicated to the real sport of football and the sportmanship that all the players should exhibit on and off the field before and after the game. I hope that both the teams do well in this game and that broken ties are mended and people will finally get over this ridiculous mess. After all, it's not like it was an NFL tradeoff. Good luck to both teams!!!

The View

Best post I've seen in a long time on one of the threads this particular topic would come up on. Glad somebody finally said it!!!!!

The View

Who said he was? I've had that picture up since LAST YEAR!!! I could care less where Keegan Ball wants to play ball, if he's happy with his decision then I'm happy for him. A friend of mind pointed out to me how strange it was to see old #33 with the "championship gold" mustang uni's on in my sig photo. Take a chill pill...... :D

Mustang fans are "LEGENDS IN THEIR OWN MINDS". What he said was if you take football out of Huntingdon........nothing is left but the Court House, Wal Mart and the drainage ditch.

So that leaves us with one more courthouse and a super walmart than Mckenzie has. And we still got our state appearances in baseball and girls basketball.

Exactly what does McKenzie have to offer? It's ridiculous that you folks have succumbed to questioning the merits of the town when discussing a football game just because you never win. The 2 towns are just like most of the rural towns in West Tenn. NOt a lot to do but play sports. However, you want me to believe that McKenzie offers more? In what form?? Huntingdon has more pride in their program, more success to show for it, and more FORMER players showing up on Friday nights to cheer on the current Stangs than McKenzie could ever hope for. Keep dreaming and go count up the combined scores in this "rivalry" to get yourselves back to reality. Oh yeah, hammers and nails are not rivals. Consider yourself a nail.