What about Wilson Central?

redcat13

Hey bigchief, heard you moved to the ELM, how is this school year going for you. Are you magnetised?

Shadow, as you know I am a lot of things. I am sure magnetized is one of them. ELM is good. It is VERY quiet here. I am used to having more "disturbances" during the day. I guess that is a good thing, but it makes the day go by really slowly. I didn't realize W.E. was at Wilson Central. Good for him. I saw your son, Bubba, at the Titans-Packers scrimmage. He is having a tough time. The "old-schoolers" (which I proudly consider myself a part of) are disappearing fast around here. This is #14 for me. I don't think I will ever be able to match your 40 year reign. Maybe I need to start selling bedroom suits. Are you keeping Bubba and Bobby straight? :D:o

Edited by bigchief

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will always give credit where credit is due. The best move Coach Alexander [ former coach in sumner co. ] did was when he hired elrod after he got fired at Cumberland. The offense he brought with him has helped WC. Not sure about the hire this year.

I don't think you meant it this way, but Elrod wasn't fired from Cumberland. For what they pay thier coaches, he could have easily stayed and had the job if he had wanted. There is a certain connotation with the word "fired" that leads people to believe that some impropriety has been committted. That was not the case. I do agree with you about the offense that he brought to WC.

I will always give credit where credit is due. The best move Coach Alexander [ former coach in sumner co. ] did was when he hired elrod after he got fired at Cumberland. The offense he brought with him has helped WC. Not sure about the hire this year.

I don't think you meant it this way, but Elrod wasn't fired from Cumberland. For what they pay thier coaches, he could have easily stayed and had the job if he had wanted. There is a certain connotation with the word "fired" that leads people to believe that some impropriety has been committted. That was not the case. I do agree with you about the offense that he brought to WC.

Redcat is correct. He was not fired. He decided to leave when Coach Moore stepped down at CU. I coached with Elrod there. he is an awesome coach and that Wing-t he runs is hard to defend. You must play assignment football. Gallatin's D will slow them down, but not enough. To me WCHS D will decide who wins this game. If they can slow down the Wave's running attack then the Wildcats win hands down. Because, although I think he's a great running QB, the QB from Gallatin is not a good passer.

Redcat is correct. He was not fired. He decided to leave when Coach Moore stepped down at CU. I coached with Elrod there. he is an awesome coach and that Wing-t he runs is hard to defend. You must play assignment football. Gallatin's D will slow them down, but not enough. To me WCHS D will decide who wins this game. If they can slow down the Wave's running attack then the Wildcats win hands down. Because, although I think he's a great running QB, the QB from Gallatin is not a good passer.

I don't know how awesome of a coach he is--the jury may be out on that statement. I think he's better know that in his retirement he doesn't have to do anything but draw up X's and O's and fix FD's lunch and supper. Two things i do know for sure: he doesn't shop in discount grocery stores like some of the other assistants and he gets real nervous during hurricane season, especially when it's headed towards the Gulf. Big E--ask the pointiff about the JOKE. :

Football man get the facts. Coach Moore did not step down, he was FIRED by a snake in the grass ath. director. Coach Moore would never QUIT. The off. assistants resigned after hearing about the deadly deed, knife in the back to a great man. If you were on the staff when that happened, I sure don't remember who you are or what you coached.

Dang why is everybody jumping on wilson central's bandwagon. They have played some pretty down teams, Hendersonville, Mt. Juliet, and Blackman hasn't won a game. The only worthy opponent they have played is Smyrna. We will see how good they are in the second half of the season. They won't beat Riverdale, because Riverdale's speciality is stopping the run. They might not be able to stop a good Lavergne team in week 10. They will take a beating at Riverdale next week.

Dang why is everybody jumping on wilson central's bandwagon. They have played some pretty down teams, Hendersonville, Mt. Juliet, and Blackman hasn't won a game. The only worthy opponent they have played is Smyrna. We will see how good they are in the second half of the season. They won't beat Riverdale, because Riverdale's speciality is stopping the run. They might not be able to stop a good Lavergne team in week 10. They will take a beating at Riverdale next week.

you consider gallatin a "quality" opponent? cause we

just whipped em...

Edited by WilsonCentral22