Farragut 5A vs Powell 4A

rigger101

I didnt talk smack, i just said i think wrestling has nothing to do with football, not really into it all that much

As far as lee crying his neck probably hurt cause everytime he had the ball throw to him he got his facemasked yanked from behind, watch the game on tv you will see it. Those refs where absolutly horrible IMO.

As far as the game goes both teams are good, powell is gonna have to find some depth or its gonna be another loss, Cody wasnt very bright to stay in that game i feal he hurt more than he helped by staying in.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

details pass interfearnce never called

3 facemasks by ads 3 times never called in 4th Q Lee smith almost got his head ripped off

Cody hurt his leg really bad at the start of the 4th an he stayed in the game, not a good idea

ads running back had a nice run 94 yards in 1 play

yeah FHS defensive players were getting held all night. you're not always going to get the calls u want ;)

I think if you watch film ull see that the refs let a lot of calls go. I got away with a clip on the long return by clemons but i was also held quite a few times during the game. I disagree with Lee playing ditry though and I would like to point out that there are 3 D1 schools coming hard after him that feel he plays the game its supposed to be played. If u think ur boy 45 jumping around like he just won a state ring everytime he makes a tackle (anywhere on the field) is the way the game is supposed to be played then ur wrong. He needs to start acting like hes made a tackle before cause we all know that he makes a ton of them.

details pass interfearnce never called

3 facemasks by ads 3 times never called in 4th Q Lee smith almost got his head ripped off

Cody hurt his leg really bad at the start of the 4th an he stayed in the game, not a good idea

ads running back had a nice run 94 yards in 1 play

If we are going to start talking about watching the tape for penalties watch powells offensive line diving at legs and clipping pretty much every play.

Any player that lines up inside the box can be "cut" that is a perfectly legal block. Good try though. "Diving at the legs" isn't so much what they were doing as making sure their man didn't make the tackle. Learn the rules of the game before u complain about cheating.

that might be true but when u run out of the box and a tailback cuts your legs out, things start to get annoying

I walked right by Cody as he was walking off the field at the Maryville game , i was surprised by how big he seemed . The kid has some ripped arms . he seemed like he was bigger than 187 lbs .

This also coming from a Maryville fan , you Farragut fans will be shaking your heads several times thinking " How in the world did he get away that time " . Win or lose , you'll be impressed with Cody Watts's athletic ability .

Right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From the Knox news:

Watts finished with 48 yards rushing, but just 8 of those came after halftime. Reviez was responsible for shadowing Watts on nearly every down, and helped Farragut limit the Panthers to just 28 yards after their first possession of the second half.

Edited by rigger101

this is not a wreslting board this is football, football and wreslting are totally dif. sports

ROB BE GOOD skip may get ya again :blink:

maryvillewho?- Go to

Why Football players should Wrestle

Great Info for those with a lack of knowledge

http://boards.coacht.com/index.php?showtopic=111811

You might be smart enough to put the two together! Or Not! <_<

Also,

Quote from top Texas High School Coach:

"Some of Matt Roth’s intensity can also be attributed to his successful run as a state-champion wrestler in high school. Many coaches, scouts and wrestlers-turned-football-players will laud wrestling for the leverage and quick hands it provides for football. Roth credits wrestling for the never-say-die attitude it gave him.

"It’s the attitude. (Wrestling) helps you with your hips, your hands and your balance, but more than anything it helps you with your attitude," he said. "A lot of these kids that are basketball players, we eat those kids up. It’s just our mentality - you’re going to get the job done and you’re going to punish them."

Roth said his dream partner on the wrestling mat would be Ravens LB Ray Lewis, himself an accomplished high school wrestler

Edited by rigger101