Farragut 5A vs Powell 4A

rigger101

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this game will be very close. Watts and Thrower may be hurt and that takes a big part of the offense out of Powell. Admirals defense is tough, probably tougher than Maryville and well coached. Lee Smith will again be double teamed. If Powell can find away to run successfully against the Admirals then the Panthers win by a touchdown. If Thrower is out and Lee Smith is held in check Admirals win by a touchdown.

825756931[/snapback]

Is this guy serious

I see Powell as the much better team. I tend to see Farragut and everyone else in that region as overrated with the exception being maybe Oak Ridge. I am not trying to be negative but Farragut had their hands full with Bearden, and Bearden escaped against Karns who got lost convincingly to Sevier Co. Sevier Co. lost to rebuilding Halls team. I might be over analyzing but I see Powell winning by two touchdows or more. Powell 35 - Farragut 21

I guess alot of questions get answered Friday night with Karns at Halls and in this Powell/Farragut game.

Good luck to both teams

Edited by fairplay2121

Gotta go with the panthers here. Farragut is a tough team and has a good defense, but I think Powell will be hungry after last week. They will need to come out and prove that they are the team everyone is claiming they are. I see Powell winning out with the only obstacle being Central. I know Halls will give them a tough game, but Powell will win. Expect to see a Powell vs. Maryville rematch in either the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs depending on the outcome of the Powell vs. Central game.

PHS 29

FHS 17

Gotta go with the panthers here. Farragut is a tough team and has a good defense, but I think Powell will be hungry after last week. They will need to come out and prove that they are the team everyone is claiming they are. I see Powell winning out with the only obstacle being Central. I know Halls will give them a tough game, but Powell will win. Expect to see a Powell vs. Maryville rematch in either the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs depending on the outcome of the Powell vs. Central game.

PHS 29

FHS 17

well said. powell is a tough team and take away the big plays against maryville and the game was a lot closer than it appeared