Portland Football

ptown_man

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

portland vs springfield. sumner co. vs robertson co. portland seems to be rolling pretty smoothly undefeated........ i think portland can take on springfield. as for the playoffs, i say they can make it at least to the 3rd round depending on who they face.

[/quote

I tell you what Allie summner county vs robertson county, there's most definitely been an advantage in past years, and that's because Portland has always had a large student Population and should have been in 4A all those winning seasons and That my friend is BS, because if so I don't think State Champion would not be in Portland,TN and thats a fact. P.S. Springfield Is going to get all up in Porter and his boys SHS 21 PHS 7

Bigswole4450 Last time I checked coach Perry was the coach of Portland not porter and just to let you know Portland barley made the 4a cut this year, so much for your theory! Its ok to make predictions but the game still has to be played and talking is not going to win the ball game. OH YEA just thought I would let you know Springfield has not beaten Portland in over 10 years (not counting the jamboree in 97’, only two quarters, 3-0) :(

hey bigswole i'd advise u to do ur homework before u put a post on like that and besides had we been in 4a all those years we would have won and won a lot the region we are in now ain't near as tough as region 4-3a was when us and white house were there not to forget about trousdale co. and smith co. portland is known by how hard they hit and when u hit hard enough u win ball games because u make people think twice about hittin the hole hard or goin high across the middle for the pass the qb put a little too high because you know ur gonna get hit and hit hard

Edited by ptown_man

Twelve years in 3A football did a lot for the Portland Panthers. The Panthers made it to the playoffs all twelve years and won their first round game eleven times in a row, including last year. They made it to the quarter-finals six times, the semi-finals four times, and played for the state championship three times where they brought the gold ball home to Portland in the Blue Cross Bowl in 2000. Six region championships were won during this time and we had four 10-0 regular seasons, 95, 99, 00, 01. The 2000 State Championship season began a steak of 27 wins in a row for the Panthers! Now, we move on up to 4A. I hope Portland can do as well or even better the next several years as we begin a whole new list of rivalries while keeping some old ones in tact. Here is what the Panthers did while they were in 3A:

Class 3-A

1993 thru 2004 (W-L)

Regular Season (98-22) .817 pct.

Playoffs (25-11) .694

Overall (123-33) .788

1993 (6-5)

1994 (13-2) Region 5-3A Champs, State Runner-up

1995 (13-1) Region 5-3A Champs, semi-finals *

1996 (9-3) Region 5-3A Champs

1997 (9-3)

1998 (11-2) quarter-finals

1999 (14-1) Region 4-3A Champs, State Runner-up *

2000 (15-0) Region 4-3A Champs, State Champions *

2001 (12-1) Region 4-3A Champs, quarter-finals *

2002 (5-7)

2003 (8-4)

2004 (8-4)

* - 10-0 in regular season

Thank you Coach Perry and the Portland Panthers for a great tenure in Class 3-A! Good luck in Class 4-A!

:D

Edited by PPride