BA-MUS

margaritaville

Do not take certain people comments about this game and other things as indicative of the whole M.U.S. community. As member of that community, I can tell we are a very humble group of people, and the people who are making these arrogant comments are a couple of grads who can not let goof their high school glory. Please do not lose respect for our school because of a couple of guys who want to live in their glory days. We know BA has a solid team like they always do. They will be a good one and hard fought. BA always fights hard. Even when they were down by 21 in the 4th quarter of the state championship, they showed guts and pride and still fought hard. This will be a game between two classy, well-respected programs. To the guys making the comments, think about what you say and show the class that you were taught. You represent your school. Do not tarnish the reputation that your classmates and those who came before worked so hard to create. I am proud to be a part of M.U.S. and take the reputation of the school very seriously. Be proud of your school, but do not show arrogance. You are ambassadors of M.U.S. Act like you have been taught.

Thank you preacher.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do not take certain people comments about this game and other things as indicative of the whole M.U.S. community. As member of that community, I can tell we are a very humble group of people, and the people who are making these arrogant comments are a couple of grads who can not let goof their high school glory. Please do not lose respect for our school because of a couple of guys who want to live in their glory days. We know BA has a solid team like they always do. They will be a good one and hard fought. BA always fights hard. Even when they were down by 21 in the 4th quarter of the state championship, they showed guts and pride and still fought hard. This will be a game between two classy, well-respected programs. To the guys making the comments, think about what you say and show the class that you were taught. You represent your school. Do not tarnish the reputation that your classmates and those who came before worked so hard to create. I am proud to be a part of M.U.S. and take the reputation of the school very seriously. Be proud of your school, but do not show arrogance. You are ambassadors of M.U.S. Act like you have been taught.

I disagree with this post. The MUS community is not humble this year. They carry themselves as a group that is very confident. This confidence is based on the success of last year and the continuing success of this year. There is nothing wrong with that. I would not go as far as to characterize it as arrogant. Not yet. Once MUS is tested by a quality team like BA, the community's true character will show itself. I believe that MUS wins in a close one.

For you, hsfootballfan1232, to hand out lessons to former graduates is ARROGANT AND ELITIST. These characteristics have dogged MUS since it's inception. The two young men that you attack in this post are quality individuals. They are very proud to have been apart of a fine institution and a very good football program. Since you are part of the MUS community, you should be proud that former graduates are this interested in the school and the football team's success. They are more than former graduates, they are alumni. Alumni are VERY important to MUS. Your high and mighty, elitist attitude only trys to sour the relationship between a couple of alumni and an outstanding institution.

I disagree with this post. The MUS community is not humble this year. They carry themselves as a group that is very confident. This confidence is based on the success of last year and the continuing success of this year. There is nothing wrong with that. I would not go as far as to characterize it as arrogant. Not yet. Once MUS is tested by a quality team like BA, the community's true character will show itself. I believe that MUS wins in a close one.

For you, hsfootballfan1232, to hand out lessons to former graduates is ARROGANT AND ELITIST. These characteristics have dogged MUS since it's inception. The two young men that you attack in this post are quality individuals. They are very proud to have been apart of a fine institution and a very good football program. Since you are part of the MUS community, you should be proud that former graduates are this interested in the school and the football team's success. They are more than former graduates, they are alumni. Alumni are VERY important to MUS. Your high and mighty, elitist attitude only trys to sour the relationship between a couple of alumni and an outstanding institution.

I know the two people that I spoke of. I graduated with them. So I know they both are well intentioned in what they say, but I know that they both sometimes do not know when to shut their mouths. I know Marc and Tommy very well. They are great guys. They just need to understand what they are saying. I know alumni are very important to M.U.S. because I went there for 6 years. I am proud that my friends are interested in their program; I am too. I love my school and am proud of it. That is why when I hear that we are being regarded as cocky, I have to say something. Also, you can be confident and still be humble. Humility is a trait that all teachers, coaches, and administrators at M.U.S. stress to their students. I am sorry that you think I am an elitist and arrogant, but I think are alumni can be more tactful. I am not giving lessons; they have already been taught those lesson at school and at home. I was simply asking them to show a little more respect towards because others were commenting on their words and saying they had lost respect for my school. People worked hard for that school to get its reputation. It is my job as an alum to protect it as it is theirs. I watching at for my school, and I will say what I think needs to be said.

I know the two people that I spoke of. I graduated with them. So I know they both are well intentioned in what they say, but I know that they both sometimes do not know when to shut their mouths. I know Marc and Tommy very well. They are great guys. They just need to understand what they are saying. I know alumni are very important to M.U.S. because I went there for 6 years. I am proud that my friends are interested in their program; I am too. I love my school and am proud of it. That is why when I hear that we are being regarded as cocky, I have to say something. Also, you can be confident and still be humble. Humility is a trait that all teachers, coaches, and administrators at M.U.S. stress to their students. I am sorry that you think I am an elitist and arrogant, but I think are alumni can be more tactful. I am not giving lessons; they have already been taught those lesson at school and at home. I was simply asking them to show a little more respect towards because others were commenting on their words and saying they had lost respect for my school. People worked hard for that school to get its reputation. It is my job as an alum to protect it as it is theirs. I watching at for my school, and I will say what I think needs to be said.

Well who are you because I would sure like to know? Because I would sure like to see you tell me I do not know when to shut my mouth to my face.

Edited by Bauber

all the football players i know up here in big ten country are pretty busy during the day. you know with football related activities...

Yeah practice for most teams starts around 2 pm good job. With morning film sessions that usually start at 5:45am. Obviously you need to get your facts straight. It is hilarious how you continue to post things that could not be more wrong. I guess no one taught you to do proper research instead of opening your mouth and inserting foot.

Edited by Bauber

BA has the talent to pull off a win, but they will have a lot of guys playing both ways and may wear down as they did in the Clinic Bowl last year. Their lack of effective passing is the biggest problem, however. MUS is too good to line up and run over them. We had better register a few sacks or we will get picked to pieces and our passing problem will not even be a factor.

BA has the talent to pull off a win, but they will have a lot of guys playing both ways and may wear down as they did in the Clinic Bowl last year. Their lack of effective passing is the biggest problem, however. MUS is too good to line up and run over them. We had better register a few sacks or we will get picked to pieces and our passing problem will not even be a factor.

that was a huge advantage that mus had last yr, ba had linemen playing both ways and throughout the game mus was able to line up and get a good 4 yd push off the line and let the backs hit the hole. i dont know ba's line situation this yr, but i think in order for them to win the dline will have to take control of the line of scrimmage, the game is won in the trenches, and i stand by the belief that this game will be determined at the line of scrimmage. and just judging from last year, ba had quite a few senior linemen that they lost to graduation, where as mus returned more than half. now it wouldnt be fair to say that mus' line will dominate the line of scrimmage for the fact that i have not seen ba play. but based on who returned i would say that mus hold the upper hand in overall experience.

to others concerned with the thought of arrogance, i still fail to see where ignorance came into the picture. i just simply stated facts of last years game, and i stand by what i said earlier abt that game. i have the upmost pride to say that i graduated from mus, and i will be quick to defend my former school, as would you all, i have seen it happen on these boards over the last few years. and i dont see it fair to judge someone on having pride for their own school, i know that i am not perfect, no one is. but i think a few ppl jumped the gun on judging things i said. i will not venture out to say that i am better than anyone else on this message board, or that mus as a school in general is better than others. hopefully this will clarify what i meant when i talked abt last yr's game, it was a great game and baylor made the plays that mus couldnt.

I'm glad this rivalry has picked back up again. I was involved in those games back in the 90's when there was not a better game around than those in the playoffs. As for the arrogance, MUS is a great institution with fine students, faculty, and administration, as a BA grad I have a great respect for the owls. Good to see MUS back where they belong - in the heat of DII, I still hope BA pulls out a win, but the eagles have to play really well to do so. Good luck to both.

that was a huge advantage that mus had last yr, ba had linemen playing both ways and throughout the game mus was able to line up and get a good 4 yd push off the line and let the backs hit the hole. i dont know ba's line situation this yr, but i think in order for them to win the dline will have to take control of the line of scrimmage, the game is won in the trenches, and i stand by the belief that this game will be determined at the line of scrimmage. and just judging from last year, ba had quite a few senior linemen that they lost to graduation, where as mus returned more than half. now it wouldnt be fair to say that mus' line will dominate the line of scrimmage for the fact that i have not seen ba play. but based on who returned i would say that mus hold the upper hand in overall experience.

to others concerned with the thought of arrogance, i still fail to see where ignorance came into the picture. i just simply stated facts of last years game, and i stand by what i said earlier abt that game. i have the upmost pride to say that i graduated from mus, and i will be quick to defend my former school, as would you all, i have seen it happen on these boards over the last few years. and i dont see it fair to judge someone on having pride for their own school, i know that i am not perfect, no one is. but i think a few ppl jumped the gun on judging things i said. i will not venture out to say that i am better than anyone else on this message board, or that mus as a school in general is better than others. hopefully this will clarify what i meant when i talked abt last yr's game, it was a great game and baylor made the plays that mus couldnt.

I saw no arrogance. The facts are the facts.

If we can't win it - most of us are rooting for you guys. Over the years I have found MUS to be among the classiest of rivals. I have heard many BA administrators make similar statements.