Wilson Central The Pride of Wilson County

RUBlind!!!

Land has been located and approved for purchase by the "commision" on Curd Road in Mount Juliet for a new Mount Juliet High School to be built. Probably 5-7 years away at least.

So they are replacing a school, not adding a new one. Interesting. I guess they will use the soon to be old MJHS for a middle school then?

They need to get rid of that eyesore that used to be MJ Elem.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So they are replacing a school, not adding a new one. Interesting. I guess they will use the soon to be old MJHS for a middle school then?

The old MJ Middle is now West Wilson Middle School. MJ itself is growing by leaps and bounds. Speaking of eye sores LHS needs to be torn down and rebuilt. You look good you play good I guess that could go with your school looks good you study harder???? Who knows it might work. It wouldn't hurt. Some may say that LHS deserves a new school building 1st but I believe that MJ is growing so fast that they do indeed need it first. But that's just my opinion. There's a lot of rumors going around about all of that.

Word on the street is they will use the old MJHS for a middle school. However, when the new school is built, they will rezone the other high schools once again (All from MJ, some from Lebanon, don't know if WC will be affected because of Providence).

The old MJE building is for sale. Lowe's reportedly was looking at the property, but that fell through.

The old MJ Middle is now West Wilson Middle School. MJ itself is growing by leaps and bounds. Speaking of eye sores LHS needs to be torn down and rebuilt. You look good you play good I guess that could go with your school looks good you study harder???? Who knows it might work. It wouldn't hurt. Some may say that LHS deserves a new school building 1st but I believe that MJ is growing so fast that they do indeed need it first. But that's just my opinion. There's a lot of rumors going around about all of that.

oh yeah forgot about providence..... lots more people in mj its growing at a rate of like 300% every year ha ha ha ha

Lebanon definitely needs a new school too. I thought that 15 years ago when I graduated high school. It always seemed dirty and nasty ... not that it was, it just appeared that way.

Word on the street is they will use the old MJHS for a middle school. However, when the new school is built, they will rezone the other high schools once again (All from MJ, some from Lebanon, don't know if WC will be affected because of Providence).

The old MJE building is for sale. Lowe's reportedly was looking at the property, but that fell through.

I'm guessing that the LaGuardo area is zoned WC now ... I would think a new school on Curd Rd would end up covering that area.

I read about the Lowe's thing in the Tennessean. Sounds like MJ city council wants a hand in that purchase ... to me at least.

Lebanon definitely needs a new school too. I thought that 15 years ago when I graduated high school. It always seemed dirty and nasty ... not that it was, it just appeared that way.

So guys tell me why hasnt mjh been very competitive in football lately ,

now when i went we were ok, we just couldnt beat gallatin. when i went to school only the district champ went to the playoffs but now there are more kids and the excuse is wilson central took kids away but where were the kids in the first place or were they just not going out for football , because the baseball team seems to do well

Aw!! Man!! When I went there a few times water was in the T I'm pretty sure it was sewer but they have fixed that problem since then. They have painted the entire inside and built on a little since I went there but it still isn't a pretty place! A little past its prime!

Edited by SlingBlade7

now when i went we were ok, we just couldnt beat gallatin. when i went to school only the district champ went to the playoffs but now there are more kids and the excuse is wilson central took kids away but where were the kids in the first place or were they just not going out for football , because the baseball team seems to do well

I don't know a whole lot about the inside on their football but they do have some talent and potential. I think they are a lot like LHS right now and will see better days soon. As for baseball Purvis is an unbelievable coach and does well with his boys. I thought they would have gone further last year but watch out this year.

I do think WC hurt a lot. 10-15 years ago it was near the 10 ten in overall attendance in the state. They are now 4A in size.

I don't think their programs were ever ultra competitive on a regular basis except for Coach Martin's girls basketball teams in the 80's. Coach Purvis has the boys playing great baseball now (actually awesome), but baseball was not ever good on a regular basis if much at all before he took over. Don't get me wrong, Coach Bell and Coach McFarland are great guys - but for some reason it did not work out for them. A lot of the MJ kids that played baseball at a high level left for the privates because of the weak program. Several MLB draftees that went to privates instead of MJ. They would have been a powerhouse had it not been for that. Coach Purvis does a good job of keeping those kids now.

I do think WC hurt a lot. 10-15 years ago it was near the 10 ten in overall attendance in the state. They are now 4A in size.

I don't think their programs were ever ultra competitive on a regular basis except for Coach Martin's girls basketball teams in the 80's. Coach Purvis has the boys playing great baseball now (actually awesome), but baseball was not ever good on a regular basis if much at all before he took over. Don't get me wrong, Coach Bell and Coach McFarland are great guys - but for some reason it did not work out for them. A lot of the MJ kids that played baseball at a high level left for the privates because of the weak program. Several MLB draftees that went to privates instead of MJ. They would have been a powerhouse had it not been for that. Coach Purvis does a good job of keeping those kids now.

yea i was there then we were one of the biggest schools in 3a

but if 4 teams went to the playoffs like they do now we would ve went every year.... wouldve ,couldve, shouldve huh .... but here is my thing cause im big on competition but i like kids to go to where they are from ... did these kids go to fca or did they go to the best private baseball program ? i mean mjh was never great but never bad so if these kids are good it would seem it would be awesome to be part of turning around the high school you grew up watching .... right????

yea i was there then we were one of the biggest schools in 3a

but if 4 teams went to the playoffs like they do now we would ve went every year.... wouldve ,couldve, shouldve huh .... but here is my thing cause im big on competition but i like kids to go to where they are from ... did these kids go to fca or did they go to the best private baseball program ? i mean mjh was never great but never bad so if these kids are good it would seem it would be awesome to be part of turning around the high school you grew up watching .... right????

The kids kind of went all over, not just FCS, although several went to FCS for the sake of proximity. For example, Hal Garrett (MLB 5th Round Draftee) went to Brentwood Academy and only played baseball. VH Pickle went to Lipscomb (and then DLU). Scottie Yates went to Ezell (and then to Belmont). Jamie Rodgers (MLB draftee) went to FCS and then CU. Mike Summers went to FCS and then to CU. Three guys in the late 80's that went to DCA and ended up at TN Tech, APSU, and Belmont (I can't remember their names). Chad Ethridge went to FCS and the MLB draft after JUCO. The east side of Nash were full of the better baseball players from MJ for several years. All from the middle of MJ. I can only imagine the smack down they may have put on people over the span of 5-10 years that were around my high school years with those folks added to the kids that stayed at MJ. But we will never know.

Edited by tnsddeveloper