Rockwood Soccer

BossHog

The Rockwood Girls have really improved this year. This is their 4th year of having a soccer team and they have proved their determination finally this year. I feel as if the better team lost last night against Harriman. Jennifer Hill had 9 shots alone. Kirsten Raby, Lacey Smith, and Carrissa Huskins wasn't very far behind her. Rockwood played harder, handled the ball better, took atleast 4 times as many shots as Harriman, and just out hustled them. The shots were just not going in as they had hoped. Not to take away from Harriman's goalie, because she is talented back there, but she fumbled the ball most of the time before she got complete control of it. Rockwood did a great job of following up their shots most of the time, but those few times that their forwards would "take a play off" so to speak, they could have had a few more goals which would have won the game. I believe that Coach Thompson should not be dissappointed with that loss at all. Because like I said... the better team lost. GO LADY TIGERS!! Good Luck Girls with your game against Rhea Co. Thursday night!! GO #2, #6, AND #16!!

Ok...the results are in! Rockwood beat Rhea Co. 6-2! They had an amazing game last night. Rhea Co. had alot of speed, but Rockwood had more determination!! The offense was rockin last night! Jennifer Hill had a goal Lacey Smith had a couple and Kirsten Raby had 3. Megan Turner and Katie Riggs was clearing it out of there on defense. Sierra Skidmore didnt get much action back in the goal except for her cramp. Jennifer Hill injured her knee in the last three minutes of the game and now she is out for the Alcoa game on Monday. She should be back to start on Tuesday, but not play. Rockwood is pumped up for these last two district games. Tuesday night is senior night and the seniors are definately gonna go out there and play their hearts out (Jennifer for the 2 seconds she will be in). Karly Martin and Sierra Skidmore will give it their all for 80 minutes! It is going to be a good game and I urge everyone to go to both of those games next week! Go Lady Tigers!!