Macon County Football

tiger_fan1111

They still have a shot, but they have to win at least 3 out of the 4 remaining region games and that will be no easy task! Lafayette needs to establish some sort of passing game to be able to win, could you imagine how many yards Dallas would get if they made the "D" respect their passing game? Even if it is short dink and dunk passes, they have to get something from their passing game!

They also need some people to catch the ball...I've been to a couple of games and the WR's has problems of dropping the ball...

yeah they do need a passing game, but adam shaw has not ever been able to pass a ball so they have to give it to michael dallas. he just is not a qb. he does not have any characteristics of a qb thats all there is to it. macon will not make the play offs cause they will not beat greenbrier or sycamore. they will not win three out of the next four! but hey my cheers are for michael dallas go dallas! B)

Guest catfish-hunter

Assuming that they beat DeKalb Co. in week ten, which there is no question about it that they're gonna do that:

This week they play at Station Camp: this is a MUST WIN game

Next week they play at Sycamore.

The week after that they host Greenbrier.

This week Sycamore travels to play Greenbrier. The loser of that game will be the other game that Macon Co. MUST WIN to get into the playoffs. If there is a 3-way tiebreaker scenario in the region to decide playoff teams Macon Co. could be left on the outside looking in. They did beat York and Westmoreland, but they also lost to Trousdale Co. and Smith Co.

IF I were a Macon Co. supporter, which I am not, then I'd be a Greenbrier fan this week when they play Sycamore. The reason I say this is because Greenbrier has not played White House OR Pearl-Cohn yet and Sycamore has lost to those two teams already this season (just like Macon Co. did earlier in the year). If Macon Co. wins this upcoming Friday night and Greenbrier beats Sycamore (which as a Sycamore graduate I hope that the War Eagles beat Greenbrier everytime those two teams play one another) then that makes next week's Macon Co. @ Sycamore matchup for the #4 seed out of Region 4-3A and the winner of that game will travel to Chattanooga to play Notre Dame once the playoffs begin in November.

My best advice would be to win this week and let the rest take care of itself B)

for those of you who say shaw isn't a quarterback think about this. if you've watched the same games i have then you see alot of balls dropped that should have been caught. plus they won't run anything farther than a 5 yard route. that usually doesn't get anyone open at any level. granted shaw doesn't have the best arm but more times than not he puts it where it can be caught, its not his fault his recievers don't catch it when it hits em in the hands. plus the head coach doesn't allow checks during the game (who knows why) so there is no way for the qb to manage a game, and thats probably what shaw is best at.

even if they don't complete them though, macon has got to throw to at least make defenses think about the possibility. cause right now its 8 or 9 in the box and pin your ears back trying to stop dallas. if they don't open the offense up alittle, the chance of macon making the playoffs are square on the shoulders of dallas and he can't make a whole defense miss enough to make up for a extremely vunarable secondary. so its up to whoever makes the decisions on whether the tigers make the playoffs or not, cause its not lookin good for the home team