MUS Vs. CBHS

brooks45

Why go 50/50 when you have two rec. avging around 17yds.a catch and a great

TE verse one back with a 5 cushioney yds avg. He's a good back but would be

hard pressed to break the long one like Bowie or Prokell. There run game eats up to much clock and is more subject to penalties and turnovers, cutting into quick

strike scoring opportunities that this offense has. THE great D will give <7 anyway

did you just say that running the ball risks more turnovers? that, my friend, is far from the truth. i guess you still dont realize that if MUS just passed the ball and didnt give running the ball a thought that they would not be nearly as successful. i can even give you an example- my junior year, we went 4-7 and relied HEAVILY on the passing game. im not denying the fact that Micheal Park is an exceptional qb, but i second what slammin says, he is not a one man team. the run game allows the pass game to be effective and vice versa. Think about what won the game at Baylor.. all it takes is park to have on bad day and your gameplan is cooked.

what more is there to prove? i provided specific examples.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that Park has been really good this year, but he has played well because of everyone around him. Without the running game or the offensive line he would not be nearly successful. I understand that if MUS beat BA by 28 then they could beat cbhs by 42, but I dont think that will happen because of the intense rivarly. Regardless, this game will be a very good one and it should decide who the best team in the city of Memphis is.

Wrong this kid has taken a ton of hits and continues to stay in the pocket

or even better steps up in the pocket and makes great throws, always outruns

the rush when he has to leave pocket(I could'nt believe the speed). Has had

way to many drops with the amount of touch he has on his throws. I wish I

would have seen the MBA game, some of there people said he was always on

the run and made so big time throws. I love following high school QB's and

this one has it.

did you just say that running the ball risks more turnovers? that, my friend, is far from the truth. i guess you still dont realize that if MUS just passed the ball and didnt give running the ball a thought that they would not be nearly as successful. i can even give you an example- my junior year, we went 4-7 and relied HEAVILY on the passing game. im not denying the fact that Micheal Park is an exceptional qb, but i second what slammin says, he is not a one man team. the run game allows the pass game to be effective and vice versa. Think about what won the game at Baylor.. all it takes is park to have on bad day and your gameplan is cooked.

what more is there to prove? i provided specific examples.

You my friend have got to be a meat head lineman of the past

that could'nt pass block. I guess it would be out of question to ask

you if you had ever heard of Coach Steve Spurier or maybe even

Urban Meyer yet alone watch theiir offenses.

Did you even play football at MUS? cause oh yeah, ive got the ring, and if you really want to knock on me, i was first team all-state. so i know how to pass block and i know how to run block. and quite frankly im probably alot more familiar with the system that is run at MUS these days. but go ahead, keep talking, youre not proving much. all i have to say is why fix it if it aint broke? I want MUS to beat CBHS probably more than you do, but wether its 100-0 or 3-0 i really wouldnt care, a win is a win.

yes, look at South Carolina, their run game does NOT exist and the record speaks for itself. Florida on the other hand has a BALANCED playbook, they actually ran the ball more than they passed against TN. So you are proving my point, a balanced attack allows for you to keep the defense guessing.

Did you even play football at MUS? cause oh yeah, ive got the ring, and if you really want to knock on me, i was first team all-state. so i know how to pass block and i know how to run block. and quite frankly im probably alot more familiar with the system that is run at MUS these days. but go ahead, keep talking, youre not proving much. all i have to say is why fix it if it aint broke? I want MUS to beat CBHS probably more than you do, but wether its 100-0 or 3-0 i really wouldnt care, a win is a win.

yes, look at South Carolina, their run game does NOT exist and the record speaks for itself. Florida on the other hand has a BALANCED playbook, they actually ran the ball more than they passed against TN. So you are proving my point, a balanced attack allows for you to keep the defense guessing.

[/quote

What do you think they or any other offensive mind would do with the personal

I've seen, I'll bet big money throw 75% run 25% and score at will. Were you the

short guy always running up and down infront of the stands waving a towel hurt.

Actually, Tommy was not a guy waving a towel. He was a guy who knocked down people. He played in all twelve games and started each one. He was the leader on the offensive line, and he was a first team all-state. Do not insult his playing crediantials. He was a fine player and should be respected for it. And, for your information, Coach Alston likes to keep a balanced attack.

Eastmemowl why don't you just go ask Michael Park to marry you? Since you seem to worship the ground he walks on. Obviously you have not watched any of Steve Spurier's games because any college football coach will tell you that you much have a balanced offense to be sucessful. You do not have any idea about what football is about; offensive lineman have to be some of the smartest people on the field if they are to be any good. I applaud your effort at insulting one of MUS' players off of one of the most sucessful teams MUS has ever had. I am sorry but people like you are what gives MUS a bad name and your like... old.

Why go 50/50 when you have two rec. avging around 17yds.a catch and a great

TE verse one back with a 5 cushioney yds avg. He's a good back but would be

hard pressed to break the long one like Bowie or Prokell. There run game eats up to much clock and is more subject to penalties and turnovers, cutting into quick

strike scoring opportunities that this offense has. THE great D will give <7 anyway

All I have to say is I can not believe how ignorant you are. I ALMOST feel sorry for you because you havn't got a clue. HAHA the running game is more subject to turnovers? Did you ever step on a football field past oh the 6th grade? Oh and that is a great idea lets just pass over and over which leads to more 3 and outs than anything else and takes no time off the clock. That is just a great idea so that CBHS can have the ball that many more times which gives them more opportunities to score or have you forgot that they have one of the best backs in the memphis area. I will not disagree that MUS' defense is stellar this year again but you don't ever want to keep your defense on the field all night long. I can't wait to hear your return post. It will be along the lines of Michael Park is the greatest there ever was "turn him loose" upon CBHS for a dominating 42-0 WIN! You really need to learn more about football before you ever post again.

Actually, Tommy was not a guy waving a towel. He was a guy who knocked down people. He played in all twelve games and started each one. He was the leader on the offensive line, and he was a first team all-state. Do not insult his playing crediantials. He was a fine player and should be respected for it. And, for your information, Coach Alston likes to keep a balanced attack.

i appreciate it.

eastmemowl: what right do you have to come on here and knock on a player that played for a team that you evidently love and adore? i am not sure if you are bitter about your team not doing as well or if you even played football. but it just goes to show that the critics are always right (so you think). you can argue with me all you want about what plays MUS should run, thats fine. because i know that you are wrong about what you are saying (need i remind you i played in the system and witnessed first hand the success it brought and it also won a state title last year.) but to come on here and try to tear me down because you are incorrect about what you are saying? please.. thats low and so unclassy that im embarrassed to have you affiliated with MUS. i dont know what else you have to say because in your last post about spurrier proved my exact point, but im sure youll come up with something.

If MUS can beat BA buy 28 they can beat CBHS by 42. Why compare Michael

Park to Peyton Manning unless you know what he looked like his Jr. season of

High School. From what I've seen and hear he's been preety much unstoppable

and has already seen some really good defenses. He seems to really have a feel

far what's going on around him. Someone told me today he was leading the

SUPER 8 in almost every QB area. I've followed high school ball in Memphis a

long time and 9 out of 10 times when you have a kid like this at QB you should

be tearing people up, rivalry or not it want matter to him he'll be loose and ready

to go just like when I've seen him pitch in some big baseball games. Yes. Prokell

is a great receiver especially after the catch and they have some others to, and

the fact that he and Bowie avg. close to 17yds. a catch means you can eat up yards fast. I think it would be very easy to just turn them loose and swee how many times they can score

i love how you think that since mus beat BA by 28 that automatically means they can put up 42 on cbhs. you obviously know nothing about football. games before mean nothing, and not only do they mean nothing, but this is the one of the biggest rivalries in the city. there will not be a blowout. it should be a close game, and last time i checked, the last blowout in this series occurred at mus 38-7 in favor of the brothers 2 years ago...think before you start talkin

Wrong this kid has taken a ton of hits and continues to stay in the pocket

or even better steps up in the pocket and makes great throws, always outruns

the rush when he has to leave pocket(I could'nt believe the speed). Has had

way to many drops with the amount of touch he has on his throws. I wish I

would have seen the MBA game, some of there people said he was always on

the run and made so big time throws. I love following high school QB's and

this one has it.

so is this kid gonna be the first kid to be drafted out of high school to the nfl? gimme a break, you're nuts. he's good. but he's also a junior in high school, and he isn't a pro. even guys like peyton manning have off days, so i'd watch out before you start sayin this guy can win it on his own