Brentwood Academy @ Montgomery Bell Academy

Eagles09

MBA 17 BA 7: Snyder carried the ball close to 30 times for over 100 yards. The BA offense was literally picked apart piece by piece as Ford, Garrett, and Townsend all ended up on the sideline by the game's end. MBA's defense dominated. A blocked BA punt went for an MBA TD in the second half.

8 BA first downs

15 MBA first downs

3/11 BA 3rd down conversions

6/13 MBA 3rd down conversions

Edited by cut it out

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MBA 17 BA 7: Snyder carried the ball close to 30 times for well over 100 yards. The BA offense was literally picked apart piece by piece as Ford, Garrett, and Townsend all ended up on the sideline by the game's end. MBA's defense dominated. A blocked BA punt went for an MBA TD in the second half.

nice win...always good to get a win in this series...

Final unofficial stats:

BA (7): 8 first downs, 31-119 rush, 3-12-17 pass, INT, 136 total yards

MBA (17): 15 first downs, 41-149 rush, 7-14-92 pass, 241 total yards

MBA's defense once again led the way, holding Tyree Ford to 17 yards. Ryan White had a good game, picking up 65 yards, but all in all, MBA had more solid play at QB, RB (Snyder, 107 yards), and WR. BA ties the game on a nice, long drive to start the third quarter, and had field position won after holding MBA on its next series, aided by a Howe intentional grounding. But MBA held, and eventually turned momentum with a Michael Swett blocked punt (breaking through 3 BA blockers) midway through the fourth and sealing the win with a FG after an interception.

Bill Kottas had a great game for BA, and may be one of the best all-round players in the league next year. I know he had one blocked FG, and I think two. In a brilliant coaching move, Rutledge puts his left-footed kicker in on a third FG attempt to make a third Kottas block tougher. FG good, and MBA holds from there.

MBA finally moves, for the first time, to a winning record against Coach Flatt (6-5) and an overall 10-5 series advantage.

MBA finally moves, for the first time, to a winning record against Coach Flatt (6-5) and an overall 10-5 series advantage.

can you fill in the blanks, MBA v. Coach Flatt?

1995--BA win

1996--BA win

Tom Moore years....????

2002--BA win reg season, MBA win clinic Bowl

2003--BA win reg season MBA win Clinic Bowl

2004--MBA win reg season

1995--BA win

1996--BA win

Tom Moore years....????

2004--MBA win reg season

Flatt Years

1995 BA 35, MBA 10

1996 BA 23 MBA 20

1997 MBA 13 BA 7

1998 BA 21 MBA 13

1998 MBA 21 BA 19 (state title game)

2002 BA 31 MBA 6

2002 MBA 27 BA 11 (state title game)

2003 BA 27 MBA 24

2003 MBA 38 BA 14 (state title game)

2004 MBA 23 BA 15

2005 MBA 17 BA 7

MBA went 4-0 versus BA in the Tom Moore era at BA.

Flatt Years

1995 BA 35, MBA 10

1996 BA 23 MBA 20

1997 MBA 13 BA 7

1998 BA 21 MBA 13

1998 MBA 21 BA 19 (state title game)

2002 BA 31 MBA 6

2002 MBA 27 BA 11 (state title game)

2003 BA 27 MBA 24

2003 MBA 38 BA 14 (state title game)

2004 MBA 23 BA 15

2005 MBA 17 BA 7

MBA went 4-0 versus BA in the Tom Moore era at BA.

interesting...thanks.

Well played, hard hitting game as usual. BA just didn't have the horses to beat a good MBA squad, especially with their offense on crutches the final 3 quarters. I do credit the Eagles with a good effort. They played hard, and gave it their best shot, but simply could not pull it off against a deeper, more talented team. Good effort by the MBA players as well. I have to say I was happy for Michael Swett. Every competition I've seen him in, he seems like a very nice, high class guy. MBA is lucky to have him.

Those two quick turnovers really were the game. BA simply doesn't have the offensive punch to come back from that. RRR, you're right, I think Kottas is a very good high school football player. I'm sure he's pretty frustrated at this point. Hopefully, the Eagles can recover and get a homecoming victory against Briarcrest next week.

1995--BA win

1996--BA win

Tom Moore years....????

2004--MBA win reg season

Yeah, I guess it is good to take a trip down memory lane every now and then. Especially when current times are rough like they are for us right now. Those 1995 and 1996 years were great years. State Champions at the highest level with all the schools together and both seasons with 15 wins. Not every school can put a season like that in their program much less two back to back. Heck, most schools can't put a single 15 win season in their programs.

Yeah, I guess it is good to take a trip down memory lane every now and then. Especially when current times are rough like they are for us right now. Those 1995 and 1996 years were great years. State Champions at the highest level with all the schools together and both seasons with 15 wins. Not every school can put a season like that in their program much less two back to back. Heck, most schools can't put a single 15 win season in their programs.

I guess you're right about those state championships being nice, but thanks to those 2 years and the recruiting around it....we are now stuck with 8 divisions, 24 Mr. Footballs, and 1000's of fans that think TN high school football is a joke.

Way to go CF. At least we have our runner-up trophies to be proud of. And yes, once again, we get beat by MBA.

I guess you're right about those state championships being nice, but thanks to those 2 years and the recruiting around it....we are now stuck with 8 divisions, 24 Mr. Footballs, and 1000's of fans that think TN high school football is a joke.

Way to go CF. At least we have our runner-up trophies to be proud of. And yes, once again, we get beat by MBA.

word on the street is that this is our weakest team in 15 years...is it the players or the coaching?