ALL REGION CANDIDATES for region4 5A

2priceless

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone since this is an open week......how about we make our annual All Region picks ?

off the top of my head:

siegel: corven parks, zeke anderson, caleb harper, chad davis, justin echols

riverdale: butler, miller, antwan smith, hartsfield, phillip stevenson, gore, and locke

oakland: youree, polk, flemming, blizzard

blackman: adams, mimms

smyrna: wilkes, grey, smotherman, ruben shaderake, broke willis, maceo harris

sorry don't know enough about lavergne and wilson central players individually... i'm sure they have a lot of players worthy of the all region honors considering their success this year.

Riverdale- Miller, Hartsfield, Butler, Thomas, A. Smith, Stevenson, Locke, Gore

Siegal- Parks, Ramsey, Harper, Anderson

Oakland- Youree, Polk, Burnett, Flemming

Blackman- Wallace

Smyrna- Gray, Wilkes, Shadracke, Smo', Harris, Hendricks

Lebanon- don't know any individually, but have some good athletes

LaVergne- Rodriguez, Hicks, Gray, Jenkins, Fisher, Bather, Bather, Powers

Wilson Central- I know they got good athletes, but don't know them individually either.

Edited by HSsportsfootball

oakland- pj polk, sam youree, kaelin griffith, zac wolaver, jerome burris, demarco king

riverdale- rollins, a smith, the clone, stepenson

lavergne- jenkins, the older bather brother

lebanon- gaines

siegel- parks, davis

smyrna- smotherman, wilks, gray

blackman-mimms

wilson central- lopez, scott

Edited by olandpats

here are mine:

From Oakland- PJ Polk #5, Kaelin Griffith #66, Zac Wolaver #21, Sam Youree #20, Clarence Jordan #4, Austin Bragdon #9 , Adam Elrod #68, Jerome Burris #3, Justin Burris #13, and Vagus Jordan #75.

From Riverdale- Skidmore, Smith, Rollins, Stephenson, Tamar Butler, GASTON.

From Wilson Central- Lil Mc Church, Big Mc Church, Aaron Scott, Lopez

From Siegel- Big SWOLE Davis, Corven Parks, Justin Echols, Brian Hughes, ZEKE

From Smyrna- Big Smo, Willis, Wilks, Crouch, Hendricks, Harris

From Lebanon- only one I know is Carlos Gaines......after we play them I will add to my list.

From Lavergne- JENKINS, A-Rod, the kid who ran back our INT, and the Bather in the secondary

From Blackman- Mimms, Adams, Dana, Yuells ( sp?)

Edited by 2priceless

From Lavergne- JENKINS, A-Rod, the kid who ran back our INT, and the Bather in the secondary

The kid who ran back the INT. and the Bather in the secondary is the same person...

Unless your referring to both Bather's...

Thanks for the clarification......I just messed up what I wrote.......I realized it was a Bather....but wasn't sure of his first name. Is it Brandon?

We have lots of good players that are brothers in our region don't we?

OHS has the Mc Gowans, the Burris Brothers, and the Basses.

WC has the Mc Churches. Yall have the Bathers.

Hey everyone since this is an open week......how about we make our annual All Region picks ?

Blackman - Shane Adams

He sure has been working hard and playing tough even though the team is losing.

He truly has heart for the game and never gives up.

The hard work looks to be paying off - coaches are calling and writing!

2priceless - from reading some of the past posts from awhile back, you recognized his talent a long time ago.

Yes Ma'am, I sure did. I noticed Shane back when he was a soph. We were beating Blackman by a lot and everyone was sort of letting some young kids play. Everyone was pretty much not paying attention to the game and I look and see this kid from Blackman line up at receiver. Something about his stance just made me keep my eye on him. I like kids that play with emotion , and this kid was definitely happy to be in the game. BAM>>>>>>>he gets thrown a pass and catches it and goes for a first down. Next play....BAM>>>> it goes to him again.....and dang if he doesn't get another first. I couldn't explain it but.......I was really rooting for that kid to get another one. Crazy, I know. I came home from the game and posted my usual.....( back then I was region4fan) and I made sure to post something about what I saw in Shane Adams that night. He had great hands and such a drive and love for the game. I heard later that he hadn't even played middle school football and I was further amazed . I followed up on him and wasn't too surprised when I read his name in the paper as being so dedicated in the weightroom and winning some awards for it. I knew this kid was going places. When I heard that he had rated #1 in the NIKE camp, I was pleased for sure. I hate it that his senior season hasn't been the one he dreamed of, but he has definitely not lost any of his heart and fire for the game. I know he will go down in the history of Blackman as one of the best to wear a uniform, and you should be VERY VERY proud. Tell your boy he is definitely a PLAYER in my eyes. I wish him the best of luck,a nd let us know what school he picks so I can keep up with him. Thanks for letting us all know.

Now don't be surprised if TDCman accuses you of being from Oakland since you said something nice to me. ;)

Edited by 2priceless