Obion County...Playoff Bound?

rebel_oc

oh my we have struck a nerve!!!! chill out obion county this isnt an insult line. everyone is intitled to an openion. oc played a good game against covington is that the highlight of your season??????????? oc is average team that has a chance to upset people. look at your score with crocket thought. so you need to get off of dcspeedy. dyercounty should have beatin yall... turnovers and lack of kicking beat dc. i believe that oc has a average team this year and all the reb fans are wanting props too early.we will see in week 9 oc isnt going to bee overlooked again this season. i will give the rebs that much credit. when the reb win the reagion or advances past the first round then they diserve all the hype.

IF THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP WAS WON ON HERE THE REBS FROM OBION WOULD HAVE IT :lol:

LETS REMEMBER WHO WAS STATE RUNNER UP LAST YEAR IN BASKETBALL

OC GIVE RESPECT WERE IT IS DUE TROJAN COUNTRY BABY :thumb:

lets see who already has a gold ball . stop by the trophy case and we will show it to you!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in the pre-season poll, obion cnty was picked near rock bottom......

here they are at week seven and they are 2-1 in the region.....

not bad..... and obion has the right to celebrate knocking off covington......why?, because they did and 5 other teams did not....

is obion a power house? maybe not, but any team can win on any given night.....and a team that believes it can win will win more games than a team that thinks "they are just average"......

i am a huge supporter of dyersburg.......i think they have the opportunity to have a great season..... as long as they stay focused and take one game at a time.....

i am sure that the coaches take every opponent serious.....i think the fans should too....

i had a preseason prediction, and i was pretty close.... at week seven, I say that this region will not be decided until week 9....

you know what is better than winning? winning and acting like you have one before; respecting your opponent; being humble and giving praise....to everyone, even your competetion....

Edited by mg

i will use lower case to please all of the obion county people. TROJANS are for real u will see. caps no caps spelling doesn't matter. this is a football page to talk football not talk litteracy. so grow up!!! I will belive obion is real when they beat a good team. Covington is good but they overlooked oc it happens.They will have to beat more than one good team to get respect.

troganman lets see the trojans beat westside i believe they are 0- whatever the past few years. murray has won hardly any and kingsbury gets blowed out everyweek

covington is for real you will see this weekend

Ya'll can talk about Obion being average,lucky,or whatever else you can think of.The fact is is that they beat the #1 team in the state.Is that the highlight of the season?To this point,yes it is.Anytime you knock off the top ranked team in the state,no matter who you are,it's a highlight of your season.You want to say Dyer Co. should of beat us if they would of done this and that.If we wouldn't have turned it over five times agaisnt Crockett Co.,we wouldn't have got beat by 28 points.Unfortunately,"woulda,coulda,and shoulda's"don't count as wins.As I can see,people are still gonna overlook OC.That's fine.But don't be surprised when you leave with that same feeling Covington did.

Ya'll can talk about Obion being average,lucky,or whatever else you can think of.The fact is is that they beat the #1 team in the state.Is that the highlight of the season?To this point,yes it is.Anytime you knock off the top ranked team in the state,no matter who you are,it's a highlight of your season.You want to say Dyer Co. should of beat us if they would of done this and that.If we wouldn't have turned it over five times agaisnt Crockett Co.,we wouldn't have got beat by 28 points.Unfortunately,"woulda,coulda,and shoulda's"don't count as wins.As I can see,people are still gonna overlook OC.That's fine.But don't be surprised when you leave with that same feeling Covington did.

no one will over look oc now. i believe covington did. good luck to the rebs as they travel to haywood. ure destiney is in your own hands. you are setting in a fourway tie for second who knows with a win you could be in a tie for second. if the trojans win tonight. crockett, covington,oc,haywood all have 1 region lost

I am tired of reading all of this bull. First, of all OC needs to chill out. Just because you beat Covington last week doesn't give you the state championship. You had many problems when you played the Choctaws and you would have lost that game if Dyer County has a decent kicker that could kick an extra point. Dyersburg had no problem handling the Choctaws after they got their bearings back from being off the week before. Of course I forgot your not allowed to have a bad quarter if your a good team Right? Any team that went 14 days without playing a game is going to start out a little slow.

And abot the basketball situation, the Dyersburg girls have beaten the OC girls many times in the past few years, and this year the OC losses will count since they will be in the same reigion. By the way what is the pre-season ranking for the OC girls, because if you check all the preseason polls, Dyersburg girls is ranked #1 in the state.

First of all I think it was a little longer than a bad quarter. Try the whole first half. You sound like the type of person who has never played football. I say this because if you had you would know that you never underestimate an opponent that you have not played yet and you definately would not do that to a region opponent. Secondly the basketball girls are ranked preseason third in the region. However let the preseason polls speak for themselves b/c OC was ranked preseason LAST. Therefore, we'll see when that rolls around.

i will use lower case to please all of the obion county people. TROJANS are for real u will see. caps no caps spelling doesn't matter. this is a football page to talk football not talk litteracy. so grow up!!! I will belive obion is real when they beat a good team. Covington is good but they overlooked oc it happens.They will have to beat more than one good team to get respect.

Education is the key to a successful life. Your life must be a complete failure since you do not care about "litteracy." Sorry about your luck! :thumb:

OC is 3-3, they aren't the best team in the world. However, they are pretty good. Theres no excuses to be made about their losses except they beat themselves. Now i think the rebs have turned it around. They are a T-E-A-M. They have no stars, but they play well together. Look out for them tonight as they travel to Haywood!

OC is 3-3, they aren't the best team in the world. However, they are pretty good. Theres no excuses to be made about their losses except they beat themselves. Now i think the rebs have turned it around. They are a T-E-A-M. They have no stars, but they play well together. Look out for them tonight as they travel to Haywood!

Well said wt13qb.Are we the best team in the state,NO.But we aren't the worst either.I know it's gonna take a effort every week like the one agaisnt Covington to continue to be successful.Their is a difference of the team now and teams in the past.Alot of teams of the past thought they were defeated before they stepped on the field.With that kind of mind set you're never gonna be successful.This team believes they can compete with anyone.Will they continue their success,only time will tell.

Obion is for real. They may not win every game, but they will play their hardest every game. If the rebels keep playing like they are they will slip into the play-offs. I hope d-burg can talk as loud with their pads as they can there mouth. Hey, if Obion dropped down into 2A, I bet they would be pretty dominate to. You think since you dropped down you are good. Then why dont you go back to 4A and lets see how much smack you talk. I know Obion will do there talkin on the field. They have proved that they can. I do have one point to make. Like at the last three games. OC D and O have not played on the same night. Once we get both sides of the ball playing on the same night. We will be unstoppable. I hope that comes on week nine, so we can send yall home cryin. OC lost last night, but played a good ball game. If they would have just had both sides clicking. They would have won that game. All I have to say is that OC will play to win, and it does not matter how you get there as long as you get there. Look for OC to slip into the play-offs.