DB girls soccer

maroon and grey

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree we are in a bit of a slump but the slump coincides with the injuries. i admit our early schedule may not have been as difficult as some but we still won the games we played. DB will get out of the slump for the greenville game because all of the girls are very motavated to prove they are better than they have played. They also are wanting to get another shot at SLAW HILL. :justwrestle:

i agree we are in a bit of a slump but the slump coincides with the injuries. i admit our early schedule may not have been as difficult as some but we still won the games we played. DB will get out of the slump for the greenville game because all of the girls are very motavated to prove they are better than they have played. They also are wanting to get another shot at SLAW HILL. :justwrestle:

Gee - you started out so good in this post and then blew it at the end. Don't you think the Greeneville ladies want a another shot at Science Hill (note: Science Hill, not "Slaw Hill" - we respect the competition)?.

I've heard some positive things about the Greeneville keeper, Victoria ???. Is she really that good, or does she not face many tough shots?

probably not.. if they're anything like their boys team last year they will rely on the refs to give them 10 min stoppage time to tie the game and give them a PK to win...

I've heard some positive things about the Greeneville keeper, Victoria ???. Is she really that good, or does she not face many tough shots?

She has to be one of the best keepers in East Tennessee. She dosn't really face very many tough shots in the district games, since there isn't any decent teams in Greeneville's district. But against teams like Farragut, Science Hill, ect. she has made some pretty amazing saves.

probably not.. if they're anything like their boys team last year they will rely on the refs to give them 10 min stoppage time to tie the game and give them a PK to win...

What does Greenville's boys' team have to do with this thread? Tell me you didn't just join coacht to rehash the Greenville/DB boys match from months and months ago.

What does Greenville's boys' team have to do with this thread? Tell me you didn't just join coacht to rehash the Greenville/DB boys match from months and months ago.

he did and the goalkeeper has to be good with all the shots her team gives up :justwrestle:

Who woke this guy up?? You been hibernating?? It's the women's soccer season. Go back to sleep and we'll wake you up in a few months for the men's season.

By the way - does anyone else see a trend here about DB fans always blamming the officiating?

Edited by soccer67

Just because one guy blames it all on the refs doesn't mean everyone does. DB dominated the game,but they were never able put one in the back of the net.

Hopefully tomorrow night will be different. Roll Tribe!!!

Finally, intelligent and constructive dialogue. You are right and I shouldn't generalize and I apoligize. I look forward to a good and competitive game and hopefully it's the girls playing who have the final say on who wins or loses. Good luck to both teams and whoever wins - Science Hill - look out.

True dat, true dat. I was the first person at that game and yes the official had a greenville soccer tshirt on and came over and talked to me about the match. I thought he was a coach, but alas he later put on his official jersey and called the worst game I have seen. (Yes, there was really 10 min of stoppage time and yes the same official stopped play to catch his breath in the last 2 min - right in front of me!) This may be girls' season, but it shows a pattern of poor officiating in Greenville. As far as just DB fans, ask any other team that has to play there!