Huntingdon Beat's Milan

Great game and great crowd. Lots of heavy hits out there tonight. These two teams will probably see each other again in the playoffs. We couldn't understand why Morris calls time out on the 3 yard line with another time out to burn and then comes back and trys a pass play? Why wouldn't you pound the ball in the middle or fake it in the middle and go with the QB keeper? I think the Milan fans would agree that Coach Morris has overcoached the last two times these teams have played and came up just short both times.

It was certain what Milan was going to do all night and that was to pound it up the middle. I also think field position hurt the Mustangs for the better part of the game but they gutted it out there in the final quarter. If these teams meet again you'll see a different type of game. We were limited in what we were trying to do and Milan had alot to do with that.

Good luck to the Bulldogs. You've got one tough team..

That's one way of looking at it, but it was also a freak fumble with nobody around, and Milan has 2 guys out on a route with only one guy covering. And if it ends up incomplete, the clock stops and you do not have to worry about using your time outs, and then you can use them on your next 2 plays which would have probably been runs. Nobody ever thought Lydale would fumble the ball like that. I think both teams answered the call tonight. Huntingdon had a gutsy win, and Milan's D proved that they can match up with one of the top rated rushing teams in the state. It was another classic and I truly enjoyed it even though the dawgs did not come out on top. Nobody in their right mind can go away from this one without tipping their hats to both teams.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's one way of looking at it, but it was also a freak fumble with nobody around, and Milan has 2 guys out on a route with only one guy covering. And if it ends up incomplete, the clock stops and you do not have to worry about using your time outs, and then you can use them on your next 2 plays which would have probably been runs. Nobody ever thought Lydale would fumble the ball like that. I think both teams answered the call tonight. Huntingdon had a gutsy win, and Milan's D proved that they can match up with one of the top rated rushing teams in the state. It was another classic and I truly enjoyed it even though the dawgs did not come out on top. Nobody in their right mind can go away from this one without tipping their hats to both teams.

That's a good point that I wish ALL fans would take from this game. Nobody in their right mind can go away from this one without tipping their hats to both teams.

I would say 99% of the posts tonight have been that way.

That's a good point that I wish ALL fans would take from this game. Nobody in their right mind can go away from this one without tipping their hats to both teams.

I would say 99% of the posts tonight have been that way.

The game tonight is what makes high school football great. Both teams gave everything they had until the very end. The enthusiasm from both sides of the stands was GREAT!! I wonder how many programs have the level of respect for each other that these two do?

Way to go Stangs and good luck Milan unless we see you again. :)

First let me say I did not give Milan enough credit heading into this one, once again they have only reloaded. AWESOME effort from both defenses. Huntingdon still just aint clicking on all cylinders on O, but tonight Milan gets the credit for that. If I have one gripe it is this.......on first and goals we need to FEED Chris the ball and thats not taking anything away from BOO, but give me Chris Donald and 4 downs and 9 times out of 10 we're gonna score. Great gutted out win Stangs. And not taking anything away from The Dawgs either but

1) The kickoff return man on their 1st half scoring drive touched the ball obviously, that should have at the least gave us a safety.

2) The pass interference call in the same series was BULL.

There is no doubt in my mind that even if Guy is back by week 10 Milan WILL beat Westview. Huntingdon cant let down we still have problems that need worked out to get ready for a playoff run and once again PEAK at the right time. To me this is Mike Mansfield and Staffs STRONGEST asset, they just have that magic touch to gets the Stangs playing their best football at the right time. I expect to see a Huntingdon- Milan rematch in the 3rd week of the playoffs.

:)

In high school I don't think it matters if the ball was touched as long as it goes in the endzone. Anytime a ball goes into the endzone on a kickoff it is blown dead. If he had possesion and then fumbled it into the endzone I think it would have been different.

Is the pass interference call the one on Brandon?

If it was, I think it was a good call. He never turned around to make a play on the ball. However, it was a good time to interfere, the Milan reciever was behind our coverage and all they got was a 15yd penalty.

In high school I don't think it matters if the ball was touched as long as it goes in the endzone. Anytime a ball goes into the endzone on a kickoff it is blown dead. If he had possesion and then fumbled it into the endzone I think it would have been different.

If it was, I think it was a good call. He never turned around to make a play on the ball. However, it was a good time to interfere, the Milan reciever was behind our coverage and all they got was a 15yd penalty.

you are exactly right.. if any part of the player or the ball breaks the plane, it's an automatic touchback in high school (unless he has possession and fumbles it like you said). And the pass interference call, you're right there, too. That's the old "faceguarding" rule. If they never turn to find the ball and make a play on it, it's really an easy call to make and you'll never have too much complaing from the sidelines on a play like that. Great job dawgs and stangs. Not everyone across the state can get their money's worth and enjoy a game like this one.

you are exactly right.. if any part of the player or the ball breaks the plane, it's an automatic touchback in high school (unless he has possession and fumbles it like you said). And the pass interference call, you're right there, too. That's the old "faceguarding" rule. If they never turn to find the ball and make a play on it, it's really an easy call to make and you'll never have too much complaing from the sidelines on a play like that. Great job dawgs and stangs. Not everyone across the state can get their money's worth and enjoy a game like this one.

The game tonight is what makes high school football great. Both teams gave everything they had until the very end. The enthusiasm from both sides of the stands was GREAT!! I wonder how many programs have the level of respect for each other that these two do?

Way to go Stangs and good luck Milan unless we see you again. :)

th answer to that not very many

Agree, a typical Milan v. Huntingdon Match up. Tough football for 48 minutes on both sides of the ball. I tell you the old ticker cant take many more of these.

Anyway, the Stangs dont need to back away from the pass so quickly. Stick with it. It is the only way to keep the defense honest. We have to keep good defenses like Milan off balance. Coaches take heed!! Dont abandon the pass, you need it to make the running game work.

We will have to keep a balanced offense if we want to get back to the Boro. Hats off the the Bulldogs, by far the best team we played this year. They will put a whippin on Westview.

Sorry Chargers, you are the third best team in the region. Without Guy, your probably the 4th best. JMO.

Later,

Truth out,

Oh yeah,

Way to go STANGS!!!!!!

:):)

See this is what irritates most of us Charger fans! You just had the nerve to get on here and tell us we are the 3rd best team in the region! Hey, we might be, but it doesn't seem that way seeing as how we beat the Stangs! WEll im not gonna be like you and start talkin trash, but i can say one thing: We WILL see who the best 4 teams in the region are at the end of week 10, and if we are number 3, then hats off to you, you made a great call, but until then, just let the games be played! :)

Edited by Punisher-whs pride

See this is what irritates most of us Charger fans! You just had the nerve to get on here and tell us we are the 3rd best team in the region! Hey, we might be, but it doesn't seem that way seeing as how we beat the Stangs! WEll im not gonna be like you and start talkin trash, but i can say one thing: We WILL see who the best 4 teams in the region are at the end of week 10, and if we are number 3, then hats off to you, you made a great call, but until then, just let the games be played! :)

Always a Charger fan getting their feelings hurt . when they read Milan--H-town threads

Westview you lost to Gibson County for crying out loud!

Yall will be 4th place if your not carefull

Trust Me! My feelings are definitely not hurt! Why! I believe we beat everybodies beloved Mustangs and we still got the Dawgs left on the table! Yea, we got beat by GC but anything can happen on any given nite! WE didnt finsih that one out but it won't happen again! So let me stop before i really start talkin trash, but one last thing: Don't count us out of any spot in the standings before the end of week 10! You never know what could happen to your beloved team! :)