McMinn vs William Blount

bigducky

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Maryville it is about a 45-60 minute drive depending on traffic. The best way is to take whatever Hwy. that is that runs from Maryville to Lenoir City and then take I-75 south to exit #49 then turn left off of the exit and then turn right on hwy. 11 south (congress pkwy.) the school is about 1 mile on your left. Hope this helps...

Come on 27ALLGO you have got to have more confidence in the tribe since you know the "story" and how it must end. Listen to what I am telling you posters McMinn is not the same team that played the first 5 games of the season. There are two reasons why the first is because you got the right QB in the game ( no disrespect to #10 great kid but could not produce) the second is that they believe that they can compete with their opponents. When you believe that equates into confidence and this team is full of that right know, so watch out Gov's you will have your hands full in Athens this Friday night againist a determined McMinn Co. football team. GO TRIBE!!!

Yes #10 is a great kid!! I believe if he was healthy with all the other healthy players we have now, he would get the job none also. The Cherokees had a lot of players hurt the first of the year. I do not believe James is the one who had all the miss tackles in the Central game, or the one who fumbled the ball 3x in that game. or the great throws that were droped in the in zone, the rest of the games were out coached!! Now the coaches has all the players healthy they are able to produce. Also the Coached are doing a better job getting prepared. Hey did't see good #'s out of our running backs the first few ballgames either. So lets not point figures to one guy, I believe we have 11 men playing on the field. Go Cherokees

Bradshaw my point was that #10 is the QB and is the leader and with that comes all the glory and all the blame. It appears to me that the team has more options with #7 @ QB because of his speed. It is not a matter of pointing the finger @ one particular player in this game you win as a team and you lose as a team. You would have to admit that the team is playing better now is that because #7 is @ QB who knows but the fact is that the team is playing better and that is all that matters. I sure hope #10 gets better and can return to this team.

Bradshaw my point was that #10 is the QB and is the leader and with that comes all the glory and all the blame. It appears to me that the team has more options with #7 @ QB because of his speed. It is not a matter of pointing the finger @ one particular player in this game you win as a team and you lose as a team. You would have to admit that the team is playing better now is that because #7 is @ QB who knows but the fact is that the team is playing better and that is all that matters. I sure hope #10 gets better and can return to this team.

Just to let you know that #10 is out for the season. He will no longer be able to play any active sports due to his injury. I talked with James yesterday, his knee will heal, but his heart is hurting, all we need is this community to point figures at him at this time. Yes the team is doing great, I beleive the coaches are doing a great job. James will be missed, I blieve he would be doing a great job at QB if he was able to play. Not taking away from @7, he does have great speed. Since game 6 Traci has been the bread and butter for the team.

I don't think anybody is pointing a finger @ #10 for the poor start to the season, like I said you win as a team and you lose as a team. The reason fans mention #10 is because he is the QB, just look north to Knoxville and you can see a perfect example of this. Two weeks ago Clausen was a hero in Tennessee today he is the goat because the team played a bad game againist Georgia. James will be just fine becuase he is a good solid kid and he will realize how much support he actually had when he looks back on the experience.

No disrespect to McMinn b/c I put them on the short end of my prediction. McMinn is playing good ball right now, possibly as well as any team in the region (oak ridge aside). WB is coming off of 3 losses to 3 very good football teams. This game could go either way, very evenly matched opponents, and could be the one of the best matchups in the region all year.

And yes #10 didn't play well at times this season, just like many of the other players on McMinn's team. I personally don't believe the change in QBs is the reason for McMinn's inspired play. #7 is a better run threat, but has yet to prove he can throw the ball consistently, something he is going to have to do for McMinn to win out. #10 threw a better ball, and made some good throws, but didn't seem to make the best decisions all of the time.

If anyone was actually noticing, McMinn Co. played very well, in spurts, even in their losses. They are finally putting the pieces together, something I believe they would have done regardless of QBs. Some young players have gained experience and are getting better each week. And some of the experienced players are minimizing the mistakes they made early in the year. This is probably the best 2-5 team in East TN, possibly the state. And would be a very dangerous 1st round playoff opponent, as WB would be as well.

27ALLGO I like the play calling alot better the last few weeks maybe there has not been much change from the start of the season but teams seem to be guessing and that is an advantage when you get the defense to that point. I still think this is a better team with #7 under center because of the run threat and he is getting better with the pass. I applaud the coaching staff and the players for their determination. Keep your nose to the grind stone and continue to take one week @ a time and good luck 27ALLGO. GO TRIBE!

No disrespect to McMinn b/c I put them on the short end of my prediction. McMinn is playing good ball right now, possibly as well as any team in the region (oak ridge aside). WB is coming off of 3 losses to 3 very good football teams. This game could go either way, very evenly matched opponents, and could be the one of the best matchups in the region all year.

And yes #10 didn't play well at times this season, just like many of the other players on McMinn's team. I personally don't believe the change in QBs is the reason for McMinn's inspired play. #7 is a better run threat, but has yet to prove he can throw the ball consistently, something he is going to have to do for McMinn to win out. #10 threw a better ball, and made some good throws, but didn't seem to make the best decisions all of the time.

If anyone was actually noticing, McMinn Co. played very well, in spurts, even in their losses. They are finally putting the pieces together, something I believe they would have done regardless of QBs. Some young players have gained experience and are getting better each week. And some of the experienced players are minimizing the mistakes they made early in the year. This is probably the best 2-5 team in East TN, possibly the state. And would be a very dangerous 1st round playoff opponent, as WB would be as well.

Very well said. I believe when is counts #10 will be missed. He has great leader ship and can manage the team very well. When is comes down to having to throw the ball I would rather have #10 in the game. WB will be the big test for McMinn, hopefully the team can play well, If Robert Moore and James Carr would be healthy at this time of the season, McMinn would be favored, First of all, we can not look past WB, then we have Heritage and Bradley at there home advantage. Go Cherokees

From Maryville it is about a 45-60 minute drive depending on traffic. The best way is to take whatever Hwy. that is that runs from Maryville to Lenoir City and then take I-75 south to exit #49 then turn left off of the exit and then turn right on hwy. 11 south (congress pkwy.) the school is about 1 mile on your left. Hope this helps...

Thanks! That helps alot!