Week 8 Dekalb Co at White House

timbdp

Chris haven't had any problems until your last revision. it still won't open.

Here are some suggestions. The site is OK, because I have opened it both at home and at work. I have AOL and Internet Explorer.

Depending on the version of browser you have, you mau have opened the page when it was momentarily down and it saved that error page as a cookie and a temporary internet file.

Go to Explorer's internet options, clear cookies and clear temporary files, and check the box that says including all offline content, and then clear your browsing history either there or through your ISP's browser, wherever it does it.

If that's not the problem, then I don't know what to tell you...because everyone else seems to be able to pull it up.

Anyone else having issues?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In two weeks will I be able to listen to a live Friday night broadcast of the White House-Greenbrier game by going to that website???

I have the link on the site for the audio. It is controlled through the Blue Devil Network, so I have nothing to do with how good or bad it comes through, but I understand it has been working, though splotchy at times.

Remember too that the Greenbrier White House game, I think, the Comcast Game of the Week, so it will be on local television.

Guest catfish-hunter

I have the link on the site for the audio. It is controlled through the Blue Devil Network, so I have nothing to do with how good or bad it comes through, but I understand it has been working, though splotchy at times.

Remember too that the Greenbrier White House game, I think, the Comcast Game of the Week, so it will be on local television.

Thanks!!!

My question is----Why did he put mash in with the freshman?Mash hasnt played qb all year and why start now.They should have given the duty kid some more snaps.Friday nights game proves that the payne bros will have to be the next ladd type runners.From what I seen friday night that should be no problem.As much as I hate to say it our current qb is a jr.Next year will be another hard season for us unless they figure out the passing game.I felt like LADD should have gotten more touches since he is a SR.He should have carried the rock 20 or 25 time to get him some more yardage on the stat sheet to improve his is stat for the next step up.Cause we the white house fans all know hes the baddest back in 3a.Friday night he could have gotten 5 or 600 yards EASY.I understand getting everybody playing time though.Give the ball to LADD he has earned it.I would like to see the freshman qb take some snaps with the varsity team.He is bigg and has a great arm.Very mobile it may take a little practice learning the game and the plays but it CANT hurt.

I have to add something to this... Duty is a good QB and so is Parker-

Remember Mash is a senior- this kid played QB his freshman year, his 8th grade year and beyond. I just read in the paper the other day that he was MVP Offensive Back Freshman year and his 8th grade year. Certainly he must have put a lot of time into this towards his senior year. He was under the impression that he was the QB his senior year until 4 days before the first game.

In a Coach t thread his dad said," The Coaches said he didn't have a strong enough arm. " I saw his pass the other night. Looked good to me-

Like Dandy said, Mash is one play away from starting... As he should be. Let the kid have his day. He will be gone and graduated and then, Townsend and Duty and Parker can all have their day. Our passing game couldn't have been any worse if they had let the senior start- :blink:

FYI - I posted this on the Pearl Cohn thread several weeks ago, which was about the time Coach T changed formats. The thread was only on for about 12 hours, and most of those were at nite. It was lost when the transition to the new format was made. So here it is again, for my 2nd and final post on this site. Please understand, we are in week 9, in the play-off hunt, and all thoughts are on getting as good as we can as quickly as we can. The cards have been dealt, and we have invested way too much in the pot to fold now. - Mike Dawson

QUOTE(coachin4u*10* @ Oct 3 2005 - 07:30 AM)

I am as puzzled as you are Bigwheel11- I know for a fact that they have another QB to put in- As you might recall, I made a post at the beginning of the season trying to find out what happened to the original one. Thinking back to the Lipscomb scrimmage, the only problem this kid had was an "O line" that wouldn't block for him.

This O line has matured and come around. I hate to step on toes with my opinion here, but I am a retired High School QB Coach and Head Coach. I agree with you-This is the most anemic passing game I have ever seen on the playing field. Or maybe I should say, This is the most anemic passing game I have ever seen to be let continue this far into the season.

Ok, I can't stand it any longer. Since 1993, I have been proud to be an assistant on Coach Porter's staff, and Coach Grantham's offense. For the past 13 seasons, I have coached every Quarterback to come thru this program (with the exception of Ryan Hamilton during my sabatical). All decisions pertaining to personnel, right or wrong, have always been made with the best interest of the team and overall program as the priority. The buck stops with the Head Coach, who, with the input of the entire staff, has the final say on every decision made within our program. Coach Porter has way too much class to lower himself to respond in this forum. I, however, do not. I learned growing up in the mountains of West Virginia, the best way to kill a snake is to cut off it's head. However, sometimes you have to light a little fire to flush ‘em out.

Even though the appeal has been made by several different posters, that these are 15 and 16 year old kids, not highly paid professionals, or even recruited scholarship college athletes, you continue to come in here and beat a dead horse. I would never openly discuss the particular strengths and weaknesses of the players involved to justify coaching decisions, or what these decisions are based upon, because that would be violating the player/coach trust. But let me assure you, anything that has been observed by the fans has not escaped the coaching staff. We not only watch it live in practice and in games, but watch it over and over on tape. Is the passing game where we would like it? No. Is it anemic? Probably. Are the coaches aware of it? Of course. If we thought a personnel switch would fix it, would we do it? Without question!!!!!

You come in here, hiding behind your alias, and your "retired QB coach/ head coach title", as if this entitles you to bash these kids. I am here appealing to you, and other White House fans, to drop it. If we deem a change will be beneficial, we will make it at that time. But please, leave this issue alone. Our kids read this crap, and you aren't helping. One of the father's has even stood up like the man that he is and said it is a dead issue, and ask that you drop it, but you won't.

I am not defending the coaching staff, because we accept the criticism that comes with the turf. However, we would never belittle the kids or question a coaching staff in public or print, because not only does it undermine the job they are trying to do, but is extremely unprofessional. If you truly are an ex-coach, which I doubt, you should know this. Three hours of practice is undermined in 5 minutes at the supper table.. We need everyone on board, reading from the same script, even if it is a poorly written one.

Now as for the statement that this is the most anemic passing game White House has had in 20 years, let me ask this question. Doesn't it seem if the program has always done it better for the past 20 years, that maybe there are a variety of problems that exist that are causing it. Let me suggest one.....new people. Lost the QB, who started (backed up) games each of the past 4 years. Lost 4 quality receivers, all of whom had major playing time since they were sophomores, and lost four of five offensive linemen who arguably formed the best offensive line, especially in the area of pass protection, in my tenure. A passing game is based on rhythm, timing, precision, protection, and confidence. It isn't real sharp right now......well, duh!!!!! Everyone in BDP land wishes it was better, and I assure you, everyone is working their tails off to improve it, especially the kids. Growing up in this program, these kids understand the love this community has for its team, and try their best to function under the "heavy burden" that the success and tradition of the past presents them. These kids have risen to fight back to win 3 in a row, after dropping the first 3. You are correct, to win down the road, we are going to have to develop some balance in our offense, which is exactly what we are trying to do.

Coachin4u*10* (and/or the rest of you posters), I don't know who you are, but you know who I am, because I put my name on this post. I'm sure our principal would be happy to set up a meeting to discuss your concerns. I would love to "discuss" this with you. Come on out of the bushes. Quit hiding behind your alias. In an earlier post, you said you didn't have a dog in the fight, or something to that effect, and in another post, you said you just came to a game to see a good game, but yet in other posts you alluded to seeing the scrimmage at Gallatin, at Lipscomb, and obviously 2 or 3 of our games so far. Come on, you have some vested interest in this program. Just be a man, and stand up. And please understand, this is my one and only attempt to get this topic squashed. Im not here to defend myself or the coaching staff, I am here to defend these players, who have voluntarily sarcriced blood, sweat, tears, and a lot of time to help this football program. They are somebody's son. Neither the kid or his parents deserve to be continually ridiculed here as a HS football player, especially by their own fans. Let US work toward a solution, you hope and pray that we find one, and don't compound the problem.

I won't respond again, because that would force me to lower myself even more than I have here. So think carefully, before you expose yourselves as the cowards I believe you to be, don't come back in wanting to discuss the issue, or expecting me to justify coaching decisions, because I assure you, there will be no response. If you have anything to say about, or to the coaches, please make an appointment with the principal, or just drop by the Big White building (Burr Building), behind the High School. I look forward to the "meeting"!!!

Mike Dawson - Assistant Football Coach

White House High School

FYI - I posted this on the Pearl Cohn thread several weeks ago, which was about the time Coach T changed formats. The thread was only on for about 12 hours, and most of those were at nite. It was lost when the transition to the new format was made. So here it is again, for my 2nd and final post on this site. Please understand, we are in week 9, in the play-off hunt, and all thoughts are on getting as good as we can as quickly as we can. The cards have been dealt, and we have invested way too much in the pot to fold now. - Mike Dawson

I am as puzzled as you are Bigwheel11- I know for a fact that they have another QB to put in- As you might recall, I made a post at the beginning of the season trying to find out what happened to the original one. Thinking back to the Lipscomb scrimmage, the only problem this kid had was an "O line" that wouldn't block for him.

This O line has matured and come around. I hate to step on toes with my opinion here, but I am a retired High School QB Coach and Head Coach. I agree with you-This is the most anemic passing game I have ever seen on the playing field. Or maybe I should say, This is the most anemic passing game I have ever seen to be let continue this far into the season.

Ok, I can't stand it any longer. Since 1993, I have been proud to be an assistant on Coach Porter's staff, and Coach Grantham's offense. For the past 13 seasons, I have coached every Quarterback to come thru this program (with the exception of Ryan Hamilton during my sabatical). All decisions pertaining to personnel, right or wrong, have always been made with the best interest of the team and overall program as the priority. The buck stops with the Head Coach, who, with the input of the entire staff, has the final say on every decision made within our program. Coach Porter has way too much class to lower himself to respond in this forum. I, however, do not. I learned growing up in the mountains of West Virginia, the best way to kill a snake is to cut off it's head. However, sometimes you have to light a little fire to flush ‘em out.

Even though the appeal has been made by several different posters, that these are 15 and 16 year old kids, not highly paid professionals, or even recruited scholarship college athletes, you continue to come in here and beat a dead horse. I would never openly discuss the particular strengths and weaknesses of the players involved to justify coaching decisions, or what these decisions are based upon, because that would be violating the player/coach trust. But let me assure you, anything that has been observed by the fans has not escaped the coaching staff. We not only watch it live in practice and in games, but watch it over and over on tape. Is the passing game where we would like it? No. Is it anemic? Probably. Are the coaches aware of it? Of course. If we thought a personnel switch would fix it, would we do it? Without question!!!!!

You come in here, hiding behind your alias, and your "retired QB coach/ head coach title", as if this entitles you to bash these kids. I am here appealing to you, and other White House fans, to drop it. If we deem a change will be beneficial, we will make it at that time. But please, leave this issue alone. Our kids read this crap, and you aren't helping. One of the father's has even stood up like the man that he is and said it is a dead issue, and ask that you drop it, but you won't.

I am not defending the coaching staff, because we accept the criticism that comes with the turf. However, we would never belittle the kids or question a coaching staff in public or print, because not only does it undermine the job they are trying to do, but is extremely unprofessional. If you truly are an ex-coach, which I doubt, you should know this. Three hours of practice is undermined in 5 minutes at the supper table.. We need everyone on board, reading from the same script, even if it is a poorly written one.

Now as for the statement that this is the most anemic passing game White House has had in 20 years, let me ask this question. Doesn't it seem if the program has always done it better for the past 20 years, that maybe there are a variety of problems that exist that are causing it. Let me suggest one.....new people. Lost the QB, who started (backed up) games each of the past 4 years. Lost 4 quality receivers, all of whom had major playing time since they were sophomores, and lost four of five offensive linemen who arguably formed the best offensive line, especially in the area of pass protection, in my tenure. A passing game is based on rhythm, timing, precision, protection, and confidence. It isn't real sharp right now......well, duh!!!!! Everyone in BDP land wishes it was better, and I assure you, everyone is working their tails off to improve it, especially the kids. Growing up in this program, these kids understand the love this community has for its team, and try their best to function under the "heavy burden" that the success and tradition of the past presents them. These kids have risen to fight back to win 3 in a row, after dropping the first 3. You are correct, to win down the road, we are going to have to develop some balance in our offense, which is exactly what we are trying to do.

Coachin4u*10* (and/or the rest of you posters), I don't know who you are, but you know who I am, because I put my name on this post. I'm sure our principal would be happy to set up a meeting to discuss your concerns. I would love to "discuss" this with you. Come on out of the bushes. Quit hiding behind your alias. In an earlier post, you said you didn't have a dog in the fight, or something to that effect, and in another post, you said you just came to a game to see a good game, but yet in other posts you alluded to seeing the scrimmage at Gallatin, at Lipscomb, and obviously 2 or 3 of our games so far. Come on, you have some vested interest in this program. Just be a man, and stand up. And please understand, this is my one and only attempt to get this topic squashed. Im not here to defend myself or the coaching staff, I am here to defend these players, who have voluntarily sarcriced blood, sweat, tears, and a lot of time to help this football program. They are somebody's son. Neither the kid or his parents deserve to be continually ridiculed here as a HS football player, especially by their own fans. Let US work toward a solution, you hope and pray that we find one, and don't compound the problem.

I won't respond again, because that would force me to lower myself even more than I have here. So think carefully, before you expose yourselves as the cowards I believe you to be, don't come back in wanting to discuss the issue, or expecting me to justify coaching decisions, because I assure you, there will be no response. If you have anything to say about, or to the coaches, please make an appointment with the principal, or just drop by the Big White building (Burr Building), behind the High School. I look forward to the "meeting"!!!

White House High School

Looks like somebody hit a nerve! :thumb:

Guest catfish-hunter

Good Luck to White House this week against Station Camp and next week vs Greenbrier. I'm sure that the wins will keep on coming because the COACHES will play the guys they feel give them the best shot at winning. That is why they are COACHES and why they get paid the big bucks to make those decisions.

Better hold on to that streak like a life-preserver WH fans, there's sharks in the water & your boat looks mighty leaky this year

Yea, the boat looks leaky........... several times in the last 20+ years........ we have took you to the woodshed....... :thumb:

Reminds me of the year Greenbrier watched WH lose to Springfield and Greenbrier beat Springfield..... Thought we had a leaky boat that year too......

But WH will concentrate on this weeks opponent and worry about week 10 in week 10.

White House High School

I would hope the WH fans would honor the coaches request and let the QB situation alone..... I realize this is an open forum but as the coach said we are deep in the season and we are approaching the playoffs, so save the QB bashing till the season is over......If there is anyone here who doubts the validity that this is coach Mike Dawson, let me assure you it is..... I checked myself.

We are fortunate to have a coaching staff that puts in VERY LONG HOURS to keep our program winning. I believe they do their jobs with the kids best interest at heart, and I speak from experience....my kid went thru the program. I wouldn't continue to go to games or give my money if I didn't think we were doing the correct things.....

As a fan, I question calls, give praise and occasionally am critical....... But there is NO DOUBT in my mind that there is any favoritism or the kids best interest isn't at heart..... So let the coaches coach........ I promise, they know their jobs..... :thumb: