David Lipscomb at Giles Co.

Guest catfish-hunter

Guest catfish-hunter

David Lipscomb travels to Pulaski next Friday night to do battle with the red hot Giles Co. Bobcats. Tim Johnson's bunch has won three in a row and are beginning to look like a real playoff threat. At 3-1 in the region Giles Co. has an outside shot at winning the region title if things fall their way over the final three weeks of the regular season. Giles Co. has a talented offensive backfield in Brandon Myles and Sam Edgmon who'll test the David Lipscomb defense. Lipscomb's rushing attack, which is led by Matt Elrod, will give Giles Co.'s defense trouble no doubt about it. This is gonna be a real shootout in my opinion folks!!!!

Can Giles Co. shock the Mustangs and put themselves atop the region standings along with the Cheatham Co.-Creek Wood winner & David Lipscomb????

Is Giles Co. a team that has beaten lousy competition and will fall the next two weeks against David Lipscomb and Creek Wood the way that they did in week two against Cheatham Co.????

If so, can they beat Marshall Co. in week ten and put themselves in the postseason for the first time since the 2000 season????

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shootout?

NO SIR! The only shootout is the one over the Red River! Giles County's fans are going to be too busy putting christmas lights on the pulaski buildings to pay any attention to this game. I do think Giles Co. will be ready to play, but the Mustangs will control the OFFENSIVE side of the game and will come SOUTH to the stadium ready to play GIVING THEM STEEL. My coacht time has been limited after my 3rd grader phys. ed class takes up my time to come here. Do the Giles Co. fans have cowbells?

Mark

Guest catfish-hunter

Giles Co. running back Sam Edgmon does average over 10 yards per carry through seven games this year and Brandon Myles is a dual threat quarterback who can beat teams with his legs just as easily as he can with his arm.

Tim Johnson, like Glen McCadams, has coached in much bigger games than this and with the confidence Giles seems to be playing with right now they can score offensively. However, their rush defense leaves alot to be desired from what I saw earlier this season against Cheatham Co. and I also see that is a trend that is still continuing as Page's Josh McMurray ran for over 200 yards against the Bobcats last night.

Shootout?

NO SIR! The only shootout is the one over the Red River! Giles County's fans are going to be too busy putting christmas lights on the pulaski buildings to pay any attention to this game. I do think Giles Co. will be ready to play, but the Mustangs will control the OFFENSIVE side of the game and will come SOUTH to the stadium ready to play GIVING THEM STEEL. My coacht time has been limited after my 3rd grader phys. ed class takes up my time to come here. Do the Giles Co. fans have cowbells?

Mark

... Where the treetops glisten, and children listen to hear cowbells in the snow.

Professor Gaither has inspired me: I will attempt what some might consider impossible, others improbable, and still others preposterous... My goal for the week is simply to use Christmas carols in all of my posts. So here's to the 'Stangs Thumpety Thump Thump, Thumpety Thump Thumping the Bobcats.

Im going to have to go with DL with this one. I saw them against creekwood and it wasnt pretty!!!! There defense is great. There offense is great. there special teams is great. Heck even there water boy is GREAT!!!!!

42-0 lipscomb

This is nothing against giles co. I just feel that DL is that good.

best of luck to both!

... Where the treetops glisten, and children listen to hear cowbells in the snow.

Professor Gaither has inspired me: I will attempt what some might consider impossible, others improbable, and still others preposterous... My goal for the week is simply to use Christmas carols in all of my posts. So here's to the 'Stangs Thumpety Thump Thump, Thumpety Thump Thumping the Bobcats.

With Christmas fast approaching and BombSquad on the subject, I feel I have to ask the age-old question. What's your favorite christmas carol?

28 - 7 Mustangs