Greenbrier at Pearl-Cohn

Guest catfish-hunter

Guest catfish-hunter

PLAYOFF SCENARIOS:

Greenbrier: if they win out then they are the region champs. if they lose to Macon Co. but beat WH they are the region champs due to the head-to-head win vs PC. if they beat Macon Co. and lose to WH they are the #2 seed in a three-way scenario because their overall record is worse than PC's but better than WH's. if they lose out then they are the #4 seed behind both White House and Macon Co.

Pearl-Cohn: if they beat Station Camp in week ten they are at least a #2 seed hosting a first round playoff game. if they beat Station Camp and WH beats Greenbrier then they win the region because of their overall record. if they lose to Station Camp and White House beats Greenbrier then they are the #3 seed because they lost the head-to-head to Greenbrier and WH would be the outright region champ.

White House: if they beat Station Camp this week then they are guaranteed no worse than #3 in the region. if they win out then they are #3 in the region. if they win out and PC loses in week ten against Station Camp then WH wins the region. if WH loses out and Macon wins out than WH is #4 in the region.

Macon Co.: unless they lose in week ten to DeKalb Co. the Tigers are guaranteed a playoff spot. if they win out, Greenbrier loses out, and WH loses to Station Camp this week then they are the #2 seed. if they win out and Greenbrier loses out then they are the #3 seed.

Station Camp is mathematically eliminated because they lose the three-way tiebreaker scenario (which is overall record) to everyone in the region. Sycamore is eliminated because they lost to every team they needed to beat to get into the postseason. DeKalb Co. has been eliminated since the season began ;)

HOPE THIS HELPS YOU ALL OUT AS FAR AS UNDERSTANDING THE PLAYOFF PICTURE IN CLASS 3A IN REGION 4!!!!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your outlook is a little off Catfish. If Greenbrier wins one of the next two games they are the Region Champs. It doesn't matter who they beat or who they lose to. A win over Macon and a loss to White House would put them into a three-way tie. White House would get 3rd due to overall record, but after one team is eliminated through tie breakers you start back at the top and Greenbrier would have the head to head over Pearl Cohn. This is all assuming Pearl wins out. The top four teams are set and there is no way any of the other teams can get in.

Guest catfish-hunter

Your outlook is a little off Catfish. If Greenbrier wins one of the next two games they are the Region Champs. It doesn't matter who they beat or who they lose to. A win over Macon and a loss to White House would put them into a three-way tie. White House would get 3rd due to overall record, but after one team is eliminated through tie breakers you start back at the top and Greenbrier would have the head to head over Pearl Cohn. This is all assuming Pearl wins out. The top four teams are set and there is no way any of the other teams can get in.

I thought that the three way winner was determined by overall record. If that is the case then in your scenario PC would finish with an 8-2 record, Greenbrier would finish at 7-3, and WH would finish at 6-4. That's why I said PC would win the three-way scenario but if I am wrong I'll inform everyone and I apologize. I'll go to the TSSAA website right now and look it up ;)

Guest catfish-hunter

We were both wrong in saying Station Camp is matematically eliminated. The Bisons could win out vs WH and PC and Macon Co. could lose out Greenbrier and DeKalb Co. (yeah right). If that did happen then Station Camp would be in and Macon would be out ;)

It is impossible I know but if it is still there I must put it in the equation.

Guest catfish-hunter

I just noticed something Catfish. If Dekalb wins out and Macon loses to Greenbrier, then they would get in as the number four team! I guess we can say Sycamore is the only team officially eliminated due to only having one remaining region game.

Station Camp would of course have to lose again as well ;)

Great job, guys! Not too shabby of a coachin' job either. What a 'team!'

Okay, how 'bout THIS sce na rio: GB beats Macon AND White House...

and Catfish starts rooting for the Cubbies ONLY! How 'bout THAT scenario, Cat2? Does THAT sound about right to ya, 'buddy?' ;)

It does to me and you know what else?

Tim-boy (aka the GB reject),

You might want to pick another team to support, too. I'll take whoever you don't want from here on out, okay 'buddy?' ;)

Guest catfish-hunter

and Catfish starts rooting for the Cubbies ONLY! How 'bout THAT scenario, Cat2? Does THAT sound about right to ya, 'buddy?' ;)

You might want to pick another team to support, too. I'll take whoever you don't want from here on out, okay 'buddy?' ;)

How about you do yourself a favor and shut your piehole. You continue to make yourself look like a true idiot even though your team picked up a big win last night. When you start making posts that have some type of football sense to them I'll show you some respect. Otherwise I'll continue to say that you are an idiot, end of story :lol:

and Catfish starts rooting for the Cubbies ONLY! How 'bout THAT scenario, Cat2? Does THAT sound about right to ya, 'buddy?' :lol:

;) You crack me up, SportDad---- all we Bobcats can wish. There is definitely something not right in pretend sportscasters world. ;)